PDA

View Full Version : Carrington a proud player and parent

The Spaz
04-29-2010, 08:07 AM
When sifting through the written profiles of NFL draft choices, one often sees a list of various honors and awards, injury histories and statistics. One listing that is less common however, is parent. In addition to defensive end Bills third-round pick Alex Carrington also holds the title of father, and it’s a label he wears proudly.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Carrington-a-proud-player-and-parent/0399c6d0-a775-4c45-b17c-27d1b2ce62a9

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 08:25 AM
this guy was one of the best picks the bills have made in a long time! he has the ability to be a great run stuffing defender/bull rusher!

DMBcrew36
04-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Hmm... I'd say 'what an idiot' for being so stupid as to allow yourself to get a girl pregnant so young... but...

most of these guys are so immature... having a kid might have forced him to grow up, and quick

BillyT92679
04-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Instead of criticizing him for that how about acknowledging what a real man he is for taking care of his son and prioritizing. I'm sorry, but that post comes off as callous to me.

streetkings01
04-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Instead of criticizing him for that how about acknowledging what a real man he is for taking care of his son and prioritizing. I'm sorry, but that post comes off as callous to me.Thats because we have idiots that live in la la land and if people dont conduct themselves like the Brady Bunch or Partridge Family then they have character issues, idiots or will be a problem!

BuffaloBlakely14
04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Hmm... I'd say 'what an idiot' for being so stupid as to allow yourself to get a girl pregnant so young... but...

most of these guys are so immature... having a kid might have forced him to grow up, and quick

This is by far one of the stupidest posts I have read in a long time. You have no idea what the circumstances are or were. Do you really live in a world where only smart, extremely successful and righteous people get women pregnant after and only after they are married?

TheBrownBear
04-29-2010, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't judge the guy. My parents had my sister when they were 18 and still in high school. They were dirt poor and my Dad supported the three of them making minimum wage in a factory. They both eventually ended up with advanced degrees, reached high level management positions in their industries, and made a very comfortable lifestyle for themselves in the process. Oh, and they raised a couple of good kids (I hope) too.

I thought the Carrington story was cute. Especially the part about his son liking the Bills because they were good on Madden. :)

DMBcrew36
04-29-2010, 11:44 AM
This is by far one of the stupidest posts I have read in a long time. You have no idea what the circumstances are or were. Do you really live in a world where only smart, extremely successful and righteous people get women pregnant after and only after they are married?

His circumstances were... he laid out some girl and didn't use protection

justasportsfan
04-29-2010, 11:49 AM

his stepping up to the plate far outweighs his mistake of getting someone pregnant. Instead of thinking negatively about his mistake, you should concentrate on the positive.

He's a bigger man for taking responsibility for his action.

DMBcrew36
04-29-2010, 11:54 AM
his stepping up to the plate far outweighs his mistake of getting someone pregnant.

He's a bigger man for taking responsibility for his action.

But ofcourse

as I said ... having the kid likely forced him to grow up, quick

Beebe's Kid
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM

Ummm...that could have been any of us that got laid when we were in college. To put it like you did shows a lack of experience.

That being said, I am a parent and there really is no greater joy in the world. Sound cheesy? If it does, you don't have kids...or else you don't spend any time with them.

DMBcrew36
04-29-2010, 12:23 PM
To put it like you did shows a lack of experience.

or that I'm not an idiot... just IMO... it's called priorities and birth control

to each his own

alnilla
04-29-2010, 08:25 PM
You can still get a girl knocked up when she is on a pill and you wrap you tool ya moron. Likewise you dont know the situation maybe it was planned YOU DONT KNOW its NONE of your business either way. The guy is gonna be a beast of a player and leave it at that.

DMBcrew36
04-29-2010, 09:33 PM
You can still get a girl knocked up when she is on a pill and you wrap you tool ya moron. Likewise you dont know the situation maybe it was planned YOU DONT KNOW its NONE of your business either way. The guy is gonna be a beast of a player and leave it at that.

only if she forgets to take it 'moron'.. but no... i dont care/dont know, and none of it will matter if he turns out to be a great player

BillsWin
04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
:bf1: Thank you for sharing the story. It's nice to see a young man like Carrington take responsibility and be a father to the boy. And it seems like he's a good one.

I've said all along that Carrington and Easley were my two favorite picks because I think not only will they eventually start for the Bills, but I see them being reliable, stand up citizens for their tenure in Buffalo. I also see them as being pretty successful. Two good character guys and talented players.

Go Bills! :up:

Luisito23
04-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't care if he had 10 kids by the time he was 16, only thing I care about is him helping our pathetic defense grow a pair!

T-Long
04-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Don't judge someone when you don't know the circumstances....a lot of fathers don't stick around and have no care whatsoever what happens to these mothers or the kids. You would think that morally most men would know to take care of your own, but you rarely see it. Major props for him stepping up to the plate, and also getting an education. Football doesn't last forever...this gives this kid a chance to come from somewhat of a stable home.

As a proud father of soon to be two kids now, I would never leave them no matter what happens in my life. My kids are my whole world, and I praise other fathers who also step up and take care of their own children.

Alex Carrington, you just got another big fan...and you haven't even stepped onto the field yet.

jamze132
04-30-2010, 07:10 AM
This guy is going to be extrememly mature for his age. I absolutely loved this pick!

Not to mention the guy is freakish specimen!

Beebe's Kid
04-30-2010, 04:30 PM
or that I'm not an idiot... just IMO... it's called priorities and birth control

to each his own

You funny guy.

I didn't impregnate any of the young women that I had intercourse with in college, but I can tell you that was not because I was thinking about priorities, or making sure he proper birth control methods were being used. It was a spontaneous act. I feel bad if you never had the chance.

It is typical of people that would pass this kind of judgment to have lived by "the book." This guy's kid is, I am sure, one of the best things that have ever happened to him...it was a also a surprise.

This guy is going to make millions, and enjoy the unsurpassed joy that is parenthood... I am sure he would like to hear all about your priorities, and where they will get you in life. He had rock star sex with some chick, then had a beautiful child, that he gets to father, and makes multiple millions of dollars to play a game...what a screw up!!

DMBcrew36
04-30-2010, 05:06 PM
You funny guy.

I didn't impregnate any of the young women that I had intercourse with in college, but I can tell you that was not because I was thinking about priorities, or making sure he proper birth control methods were being used. It was a spontaneous act. I feel bad if you never had the chance.

It is typical of people that would pass this kind of judgment to have lived by "the book." This guy's kid is, I am sure, one of the best things that have ever happened to him...it was a also a surprise.

This guy is going to make millions, and enjoy the unsurpassed joy that is parenthood... I am sure he would like to hear all about your priorities, and where they will get you in life. He had rock star sex with some chick, then had a beautiful child, that he gets to father, and makes multiple millions of dollars to play a game...what a screw up!!

birth control includes abortion... but i won't go there and ruffle peoples feathers any further

alnilla
05-01-2010, 11:08 AM
only if she forgets to take it 'moron'.. but no... i dont care/dont know, and none of it will matter if he turns out to be a great player

Shows what kind of moron you are i know plenty of people that got prego off of taking the pill every day at the right time. Its not 100% effective but thats besides the point try and get your d wet and you may find out for yourself

ZAZusmc03
05-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Shows right king of moron you are i know plenty of people that got prego off of taking the pill every day at the right time. Its not 100% effective but thats besides the point try and get your d wet and you may find out for yourself

I don't think he realizes that a simple thing like taking aspirin can cancel out the effect of the pill. Clearly a virgin on our hands.