PDA

View Full Version : Kiper: "If Clausen isn't successful in this league, I'm done."

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Mel Kiper in NFL Live yesterday said if Clausen doesn't become a successful QB in this league, he's (Kiper) done. He'd hang up his boots and "put down the hair gel and let it fly" he said.

McShay asked him then how long do we give you? 5 years?

Kiper: 8 years.

LOL way to go out on a limb you dumbf**k.

:monkeyp: Kiper

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2010, 09:40 AM
mcshay called him out for his man crush during the draft, it was hilarious

Jan Reimers
04-29-2010, 09:43 AM
We can only hope. . .

The Spaz
04-29-2010, 09:50 AM
MCShay only wishes he was as good as Kiper.

elltrain22
04-29-2010, 09:52 AM
I hope Clausen sucks. I hate Kiper.

DraftBoy
04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
I smell an opportunity!!

Kiper is done in about 8 years regardless of Claussen. He has been doing this for over 20 years now.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-29-2010, 09:56 AM
I dont know how anyone could watch Kiper and McShay when Mayock and Chavous killed. Chavous was absolutely incredible and should get the first round next year.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 09:57 AM
yeah chavous seems to have a deeper knowledge... he has mad respect for the bills too!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2010, 10:25 AM
I dont know how anyone could watch Kiper and McShay when Mayock and Chavous killed. Chavous was absolutely incredible and should get the first round next year.
I agree. That's because Mayock and Chavous actually played the game at the pro level. The closest McShay and Kiper come to is Madden.

DraftBoy
04-29-2010, 10:30 AM

It feels great to be working for Corey Chavous. Chavous and Mayock are great friends in life as well.

Night Train
04-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I agree. That's because Mayock and Chavous actually played the game at the pro level. The closest McShay and Kiper come to is Madden.

Chavous doesn't get all caught up in perceived needs or "value".

He's going by a the individual scouting report of each player and how he believes his skill sets will translate to the NFL. Giving us an "A" shows he believes these players will eventually make good pro's.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2010, 10:46 AM

He's going by a the individual scouting report of each player and how he believes his skill sets will translate to the NFL. Giving us an "A" shows he believes these players will eventually make good pro's.
I like Chavous as a draft guy not just because he gave us an A.

DraftBoy
04-29-2010, 10:50 AM

:bf1:

Corey believes very strongly in what we do and by that I mean our reports and our big board. People look at it and blasted us for it. We had Patrick Robinson as our top CB, Sam Bradford at 33, Clausen at 48, and Ryan Matthews at 4.

That is unlike any other board you will see and we believe in it very strongly. Too often you see everyboard become the same and every mock become the same, we don't think we should follow any trend. If we like a guy enough why the hell shouldn't we put him higher despite what the mainstream media has?

This was our Big Board last year, you won't find another one like it (for better or worse) anywhere else;
http://draftnasty.com/scouting/position_list/?list=full&year=2010

Night Train
04-29-2010, 10:55 AM
I like Chavous as a draft guy not just because he gave us an A.

Absolutely. He explained his reasoning perfectly, when I was watching him draft weekend. That instantly made him my favorite, since he..

A.) Played the game and understands the level of play needed to succeed.
B.) Obviously scouted the players closely and had solid knowledge of what he was talking about. ( Had tons to say about our two small college LB's selected in Round 6, while most other had little to say about them, if they even ever heard of them )
C.) Sticks to his reports and is not influenced by outside ratings.

YardRat
04-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Who won the mock draft contest DB??

Johnny Bugmenot
04-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Kiper, I'd venture to guess... you're done. It may take a few years for him to wash out, but I just don't see Clausen panning out as a successful starting QB.

DraftBoy
04-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Who won the mock draft contest DB??

Not sure, Ill ask about that though.

Pinkerton Security
04-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I hope Clausen sucks. I hate Kiper.

I hope Clausen is awesome because I hate McShay, so there!

Prov401
04-29-2010, 01:20 PM
MCShay only wishes he was as good as Kiper.

There have been 20 people on this board who have done an equal job at predicting the top 10 of the draft. I'm not too crazy about either Kiper or McShay, but at least McShay sheds light on other possibilities. And McShay is a ton more accurate at predicting round by round talent. He said Clausen would fall, he fell. He said Tebow was going in the first, he did. Kiper overates a ton of players, and gets about 8-10 picks correctly in the draft. He's arrogant, and always has an ugly I'm better than you look on his face. I'd love for Mel to take his hair gel and screw.

Mike13
04-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Yeah because in 8 years he'll be retired anyway.

The Spaz
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
There have been 20 people on this board who have done an equal job at predicting the top 10 of the draft. I'm not too crazy about either Kiper or McShay, but at least McShay sheds light on other possibilities. And McShay is a ton more accurate at predicting round by round talent. He said Clausen would fall, he fell. He said Tebow was going in the first, he did. Kiper overates a ton of players, and gets about 8-10 picks correctly in the draft. He's arrogant, and always has an ugly I'm better than you look on his face. I'd love for Mel to take his hair gel and screw.

Kiper's predictions have been alot better than McShay's though. DB could shed some light but he had a points system setup for mock drafts and I think Mel won.

SABURZFAN
04-29-2010, 03:41 PM
8 years???

i'll laugh if he's out of the league in 5 years.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I smell an opportunity!!

Ahhhhhhhh..

From one arrogant douchebag to another!

Perfect!

DraftBoy
04-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Ahhhhhhhh..

From one arrogant douchebag to another!

Perfect!

Just need to work on the hair!!

New Ro's Greatest
04-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Kiper just gave in his retirement papers! GO BILLS:D

lordofgun
04-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Mayock losing his voice totally ruined the NFL Network's coverage. Chavous was OK.

Ginger Vitis
04-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Interesting Torrell Troup barely made DraftNastys Top 250

jamze132
04-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Draftgirl couldn't hold Kipers jockstrap.

DraftBoy
04-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Draftgirl couldn't hold Kipers jockstrap.

I know she gets annoying after a while...never wants to just go to sleep, always wants to talk about stupid little things. I need my sleep woman!!! I have 23 followers on twitter to entertain!!

jamze132
05-01-2010, 02:19 AM
I know she gets annoying after a while...never wants to just go to sleep, always wants to talk about stupid little things. I need my sleep woman!!! I have 23 followers on twitter to entertain!!
I like bustin' your balls, but you should know I respect what you do.

When we first met on here, I thought, "boy, another doucher of a poster", but it turns out your not such a doucher afterall, unless your Braves are winning and you are back on the smack talk bandwagon.

yomommabilly
05-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Mel Kiper in NFL Live yesterday said if Clausen doesn't become a successful QB in this league, he's (Kiper) done. He'd hang up his boots and "put down the hair gel and let it fly" he said.

McShay asked him then how long do we give you? 5 years?

Kiper: 8 years.

LOL way to go out on a limb you dumbf**k.

:monkeyp: Kiper

There is a God, Thank the good Lord. Mel Kiper always has made my stomach turn. Gruden made him look like a douche bag school boy on draft day.

ServoBillieves
05-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Anyone know if Clausen is in Carolina yet? I have a rusty box opener and he has an Achilles tendon. He'll be hooking everything the rest of his life.

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2010, 06:25 PM
ROFL

New Ro's Greatest
05-01-2010, 08:11 PM

That many huh? GO BILLS:snooze:

Bling
05-01-2010, 11:46 PM
:bf1:

Corey believes very strongly in what we do and by that I mean our reports and our big board. People look at it and blasted us for it. We had Patrick Robinson as our top CB, Sam Bradford at 33, Clausen at 48, and Ryan Matthews at 4.

That is unlike any other board you will see and we believe in it very strongly. Too often you see everyboard become the same and every mock become the same, we don't think we should follow any trend. If we like a guy enough why the hell shouldn't we put him higher despite what the mainstream media has?

This was our Big Board last year, you won't find another one like it (for better or worse) anywhere else;
http://draftnasty.com/scouting/position_list/?list=full&year=2010

You didn't even have Patrick Robinson going in the first two rounds, yet he was your top CB? Huh?