PDA

View Full Version : Rivet played entire year with torn labrum..

JD
04-29-2010, 11:07 AM
According to a reporting the Buffalo News, Sabres team captain Craig Rivet has a double labrum tear in his left shoulder and will undergo surgery to repair it.

Rivet hopes to return in time for Sabres' training camp in September. Typical recovery time is between four and six months.

Rivet originally suffered the injury on Nov. 29 after absorbing a hit from then-Montreal Canadiens forward Guillaume Latendresse.

"Ultimately, I wanted to try and fight through the injury and not have the major surgery," Rivet told the Buffalo News. "The doctor said, 'It's just going to be your decision because you're going to have to deal with the pain.'"

"The pain could be dealt with, but when I think it's taking away from your game and how you want to play, I think right now we need to go the other route and make sure when I do come back next year I'm able to perform the way I should."

The 35-year-old had one goal and 14 assists in 78 games. In a six game first round series loss to the Bruins, Rivet had one goal.

"The whole season I played with a brace that felt like a straitjacket," Rivet told the Buffalo News. "I was never Nicklas Lidstrom to begin with, but I think I'm a better player than what I've shown. I think just throughout the season the wear and tear on it, the loss of strength, took away from a lot of the things I was able to do."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=319874

Now what's Cupcake Connolly's excuse?