PDA

View Full Version : Move Wood to Center

DesertFox24
04-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Personally I would love to see Eric Wood as the starting Center, and then let Hang and Calloway battle it out for RG, with the backup being the swing guard.

I wish someone could some information on if the Bills plan on moving Wood if he is able.

Raptor
04-29-2010, 01:50 PM
I agree

yomommabilly
04-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Wood is going to be EXTREMELY lucky , if he is even 70 per cent OK by the start of the season. No one, Drs. included, know if this kid will EVER play at the level he was once capable of playing. Ol Buddy Nix has really bet his wad on this roll of the dice. Well, actually he didn't, I take that back. Woods, in their eyes, is now a Guard. So Nix thnks he has a lot of guards on this team. Still a big roll of the dice but instead of betting the entire wad, he only bet most of the wad :) Still a very long shot bet Woods will
A Be able to play at the same level he was projected to play at.
B Even be ready to contribute at less then 100 per cent about halfway thru the season.

OpIv37
04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Hang was just another terrible FA choice by the previous FO. I'd love to see him relegated to back-up like he was in Carolina.

But, I don't see that happening, especially with Wood's injury.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Wood is going to be EXTREMELY lucky , if he is even 70 per cent OK by the start of the season. No one, Drs. included, know if this kid will EVER play at the level he was once capable of playing. Ol Buddy Nix has really bet his wad on this roll of the dice. Well, actually he didn't, I take that back. Woods, in their eyes, is now a Guard. So Nix thnks he has a lot of guards on this team. Still a big roll of the dice but instead of betting the entire wad, he only bet most of the wad :) Still a very long shot bet Woods will
B Even be ready to contribute at less then 100 per cent about halfway thru the season.

every report has him targeting to be 100% by tc... every report says he will be fine, every report says u just made this **** up....

Ed
04-29-2010, 03:00 PM
I'd like to see Wood move to center at some point, but this year isn't the time to do it. Even if he's ready by training camp, he's going to miss a lot of valuable practice time before that. The only thing the Bills should be focusing on is getting him healthy enough to be ready to assume his RG duties. Wood has enough on his plate right now that we shouldn't be adding a position switch also to a critical spot like Center. Give him a year to fully recover and then look to make a switch if needed in 2011.

Prov401
04-29-2010, 03:00 PM

lol.

Dude, stop playing Dr.

Wood had successful surgery, and has been walking over a month now.

With that said. I am all for Wood moving to Center. My ideal line as of now, without going through any of the camps, would look like this: Bell, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Green.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Say Wad one more time.....

Drs have stated he should be ready for the beginning of training camp.

mikemac2001
04-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Wood at Center

Brohm at QB like old times

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Hang was just another terrible FA choice by the previous FO. I'd love to see him relegated to back-up like he was in Carolina.

But, I don't see that happening, especially with Wood's injury.
Is he terrible? I haven't ever watched him and thought he was terrible. He was more than adequate at center last year IMO.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 04:04 PM
i actually like wood at guard, gives him more ability to use his power...

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2010, 04:08 PM

you don't know jack ****

OpIv37
04-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Is he terrible? I haven't ever watched him and thought he was terrible. He was more than adequate at center last year IMO.
You know those AFCE 3-4 NTs that terrorize us? Guess where they line up most of the time?

Is he as bad as Fowler? No. Should he be an NFL starter? No. Regardless, he's far from our biggest problem, but it's a situation that needs to be addressed sooner or later.

trapezeus
04-29-2010, 04:23 PM
my concern with wood isn't his ability to heal from the injury. i'm sure he'll be fine. but i am worried if he is more tentative because he had the leg injury. it's going to be a lot of mental work on his part to fight through the whole thing.

Hopefully he can do it.

Bill Cody
04-29-2010, 04:26 PM
I'd like to see Wood move to center at some point, but this year isn't the time to do it. Even if he's ready by training camp, he's going to miss a lot of valuable practice time before that. The only thing the Bills should be focusing on is getting him healthy enough to be ready to assume his RG duties. Wood has enough on his plate right now that we shouldn't be adding a position switch also to a critical spot like Center. Give him a year to fully recover and then look to make a switch if needed in 2011.

I agree. I would be surprised if Calloway is ready to start this year (if he ever is) but he intrigues me. I would like to see Meredith win the RT job. Green is a journeyman. But the Ryder truck sized hole is LT. Bell is really the only hope and he's coming off a serious injury. Even is he wasn't he's still a project. Wang Chung is an even bigger project. Our OL coach has his hands full.

THRILLHO
04-29-2010, 04:29 PM
If I remember correctly, Wood was a Center in College? If so, it would make a little sense atleast?

Oldbillsfan
04-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Anything is better than the turnstile they had at center before. Other teams were laughing.

mikemac2001
04-29-2010, 05:46 PM
If I remember correctly, Wood was a Center in College? If so, it would make a little sense atleast?

he was brian brohm's center at louisville

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 05:51 PM
can we stop moving around the oline and just let them come together... the interior is fine, its not going to get much better, leave it alone...

T-Long
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I have no problem with Wood staying at RG. Hangartner hasn't played terribly, but I think Wood will eventually move to center. Wood and Levitre will be on this line for the next 10-12 years

Akhippo
04-29-2010, 06:28 PM
my concern with wood isn't his ability to heal from the injury. i'm sure he'll be fine. but i am worried if he is more tentative because he had the leg injury. it's going to be a lot of mental work on his part to fight through the whole thing.

Hopefully he can do it.

I think his injury being a non joint injury will let him get over any mental worries faster. Ive has plates inserted into an ankle and the biggest setback was not having the ability to have full range of motion. Either by full ankle flextion or knee bend and so forth. He shouldnt be limited in that regard which would give him a quicker track during rehab.

The one mental hurdle i could see would be "same sitution" wariness. Being tentative while in the same action that got him injured.

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2010, 06:42 PM
I thought Hangartner sucked last year...he got blown off the ball so many times and completely blasted into the backfield. hes serviceable be hes also a liability. after this year when wood is fully healthy id like to see him take over center for good

YardRat
04-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Wood needs to switch back over eventually, but not this season. Hang isn't the greatest by any means, but he'll do for one more year until we can find another guard to plug in after Wood slides over.

PECKERWOOD
04-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Personally I would love to see Eric Wood as the starting Center, and then let Hang and Calloway battle it out for RG, with the backup being the swing guard.

I wish someone could some information on if the Bills plan on moving Wood if he is able.

I support this move.

Ron Burgundy
04-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Wood and Levitre will be on this line for the next 10-12 years

Come on.

I think they've got potential, too, but let's not spout insanity. The average NFL career is only somewhere between 2-4 years.

jamze132
04-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Hangartner is playing C this year. Deal with it. I think if healthy, in 2011 Wood moves to C for the rest of his career.

yomommabilly
04-30-2010, 01:35 PM

Sorry, replied to the wrong post, see the following to another poster

yomommabilly
04-30-2010, 01:36 PM
every report has him targeting to be 100% by tc... every report says he will be fine, every report says u just made this **** up....

This is where I meant it to be.

Please of all pleases, you and the other ones, SAVE THIS ANSWER TO MY POST. If you have any Balllz, save it and then drag it back out when the 2010 season starts. Please, save it somewhere and post it back when the season starts. Please save all the " Well Drs. and good ol Buddy Nix says he is progressing fine, he is walking, Yommommabilly is full of it "

If you have any nuts, take the challenge and post it back when the season starts. Fair enough ?