X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Move Wood to Center

Personally I would love to see Eric Wood as the starting Center, and then let Hang and Calloway battle it out for RG, with the backup being the swing guard.

I wish someone could some information on if the Bills plan on moving Wood if he is able.
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

Re: Move Wood to Center

I agree

Comment

• yomommabilly
      • Dec 2009

Wood is going to be EXTREMELY lucky , if he is even 70 per cent OK by the start of the season. No one, Drs. included, know if this kid will EVER play at the level he was once capable of playing. Ol Buddy Nix has really bet his wad on this roll of the dice. Well, actually he didn't, I take that back. Woods, in their eyes, is now a Guard. So Nix thnks he has a lot of guards on this team. Still a big roll of the dice but instead of betting the entire wad, he only bet most of the wad :) Still a very long shot bet Woods will
      A Be able to play at the same level he was projected to play at.
      B Even be ready to contribute at less then 100 per cent about halfway thru the season.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Hang was just another terrible FA choice by the previous FO. I'd love to see him relegated to back-up like he was in Carolina.

But, I don't see that happening, especially with Wood's injury.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by yomommabilly
          Wood is going to be EXTREMELY lucky , if he is even 70 per cent OK by the start of the season. No one, Drs. included, know if this kid will EVER play at the level he was once capable of playing. Ol Buddy Nix has really bet his wad on this roll of the dice. Well, actually he didn't, I take that back. Woods, in their eyes, is now a Guard. So Nix thnks he has a lot of guards on this team. Still a big roll of the dice but instead of betting the entire wad, he only bet most of the wad :) Still a very long shot bet Woods will
          B Even be ready to contribute at less then 100 per cent about halfway thru the season.
          every report has him targeting to be 100% by tc... every report says he will be fine, every report says u just made this **** up....

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

I'd like to see Wood move to center at some point, but this year isn't the time to do it. Even if he's ready by training camp, he's going to miss a lot of valuable practice time before that. The only thing the Bills should be focusing on is getting him healthy enough to be ready to assume his RG duties. Wood has enough on his plate right now that we shouldn't be adding a position switch also to a critical spot like Center. Give him a year to fully recover and then look to make a switch if needed in 2011.

Comment

• Prov401
              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
              • Aug 2008

lol.

Dude, stop playing Dr.

Wood had successful surgery, and has been walking over a month now.

With that said. I am all for Wood moving to Center. My ideal line as of now, without going through any of the camps, would look like this: Bell, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Green.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Say Wad one more time.....

Drs have stated he should be ready for the beginning of training camp.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

Wood at Center

Brohm at QB like old times

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Hang was just another terrible FA choice by the previous FO. I'd love to see him relegated to back-up like he was in Carolina.

But, I don't see that happening, especially with Wood's injury.
                    Is he terrible? I haven't ever watched him and thought he was terrible. He was more than adequate at center last year IMO.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2010

i actually like wood at guard, gives him more ability to use his power...

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

you don't know jack ****

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          Is he terrible? I haven't ever watched him and thought he was terrible. He was more than adequate at center last year IMO.
                          You know those AFCE 3-4 NTs that terrorize us? Guess where they line up most of the time?

Is he as bad as Fowler? No. Should he be an NFL starter? No. Regardless, he's far from our biggest problem, but it's a situation that needs to be addressed sooner or later.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

my concern with wood isn't his ability to heal from the injury. i'm sure he'll be fine. but i am worried if he is more tentative because he had the leg injury. it's going to be a lot of mental work on his part to fight through the whole thing.

Hopefully he can do it.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Ed
                              I'd like to see Wood move to center at some point, but this year isn't the time to do it. Even if he's ready by training camp, he's going to miss a lot of valuable practice time before that. The only thing the Bills should be focusing on is getting him healthy enough to be ready to assume his RG duties. Wood has enough on his plate right now that we shouldn't be adding a position switch also to a critical spot like Center. Give him a year to fully recover and then look to make a switch if needed in 2011.
                              I agree. I would be surprised if Calloway is ready to start this year (if he ever is) but he intrigues me. I would like to see Meredith win the RT job. Green is a journeyman. But the Ryder truck sized hole is LT. Bell is really the only hope and he's coming off a serious injury. Even is he wasn't he's still a project. Wang Chung is an even bigger project. Our OL coach has his hands full.

Comment

Working...
                              X