PDA

View Full Version : Why a QB in 1st -or- 2nd?

Marvelous
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
--Why do/did some want to draft one of the 5 highly rated QB's??
--Curious, is that rookie gonna fair better then Trent or Fitzpatrick?
-I could see Bradford because he's the elite talented QB o' the draft/
-I could see Tebow because of the popularity he could bring to the very unpopular Bills.
--But Claussen,Pike,C.Michigan QB etc aren't gonna improve a d@mn thing. Our QB struggles are only 25% the QB's issues. The other 75% are the uncontrolables. Like playcalling,coaching,and Surrounding offense etc..

---We drafted J.P with a total mediocre offense and he failed.. I just can't see a rookie QB being a savior. I doubt it's even possible for a rookie QB to scramble enough to still make plays from crazy pressure,,, &/or to have such a quick release/reaction time that he can beat the constant pressure/blitz etc.. Esp no rookie can overcome this...

-Is it just popularity? Hope?
---I say we improve our young offense and next or the year after we can score a rookie who is our guy...

-BTW--I am aware that Trent Edwards is boring as h*ll to watch.. How he ignores Lee Evans constantly & pretty much is a dumpoff or a Josh Reed machine..
--Is Trent screwed without Reed?
---I am hoping Fitz wins out this year. If for anything because he is a lil more exciting to watch..I base this on us N--O--T-- Being a playoff team.

Dr. Pepper
04-29-2010, 06:23 PM
hopefully a lack of dickless jauron will help trent finally improve his game. i swore i was done with him, but ill give him one last chance this fall, because im a sucker and have no other team to root for.

YardRat
04-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I didn't see this draft as having five highly-rated QB's to begin with.

Bradford--maybe. The rest? Not so much.

PECKERWOOD
04-29-2010, 11:04 PM
hopefully a lack of dickless jauron will help trent finally improve his game. i swore i was done with him, but ill give him one last chance this fall, because im a sucker and have no other team to root for.
Heheheh, that's me too.

jamze132
04-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Why in hell would anyone want Fitzpatrick to be the starting QB? I don't even want him backing up whoever the starter is! Release!!!

billz83
04-30-2010, 03:05 PM
i wish the bills acted like a REAL NFL team and stopped hoping QBz like captain checkdown or FITZ would win them games..they have had their chance(ya i know jauron was the coach) and they FAILED MISERABLY! a rookie QB wasnt the answer either..i think itz simple..SPEND THE MONEY and get a GOOD OLINE and get a veteran QB from free agency..this would have given us the BEST chance to win..the problem is we cant do this because our owner is a miserable CHEAP SOB! i cant WAIT till this franchise is bought out by investors from buffalo..then and ONLY THEN will we see the bills become a respected organization..cuz the only place that respects the bills is up state new york..EVERYWHERE ELSE they are a joke..

OpIv37
04-30-2010, 03:20 PM
As much as I dislike 90% of the moves this team makes, I'm glad they waited on QB. We need to fix the OL and get better WR's before we shell shock another young QB by not being able to protect him.

I wouldn't have been unhappy if they had dealt a 2nd for McNabb, but even that would only have gone so far, and he's a 2-3 year solution at best. Every other option was either too expensive, too risky or both.

ddaryl
04-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Franchise arm coming your way soon in 2011

better days
04-30-2010, 05:10 PM

If Trent wins the job, I will have to give him credit. Then the question becomes the over/under for games he plays before he is injured.