We didn't reach for Troup. He would have been taken the next Pick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

We didn't reach for Troup. He would have been taken the next Pick.

There you go I can just go ahead and post that and it makes it just as true as all you people saying that we reached on him. Just as much truth to it.

ENOUGH ALREADY.

If the guy sucks he sucks. If he is good he is good.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: We didn't reach for Troup. He would have been taken the next Pick.

I liked the Troup pick. At the very least he won't eat himself out of the league in four years.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• theanswer74
      • Apr 2004

It amazes me people talk reaches and steals every draft. I mean wouldn't Dan Williams have been a bigger reach at 9 as it turned out? Even Jimmy Clausen.

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

bottom line is the guy plays every play and goes all out.

I think he will do very well in the nfl

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

ok so if a player turns out to be good it wasn't a reach. got it.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird

just like all those "high motor" DE's that Tom Donahoe drafted?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
              There's a difference though. Slow high motor defense ends will always suck, the only reason Schobel doesn't is cause he actually has some amount of athletecism. Big, Strong guys like Troup, who are high motored seem to me have a less of a bust factor than guys like Cam Thomas (guys who take plays off).

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

I don't know are they? Who cares about Tom Donahoe? He hasn't been our GM for years Op in case you didnt know.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by theanswer74
                  It amazes me people talk reaches and steals every draft. I mean wouldn't Dan Williams have been a bigger reach at 9 as it turned out? Even Jimmy Clausen.
                  yes and yes. That's why I didn't want either player at 9. There is such a thing as a reach and there is such a thing as a steal, and I'm not talking about grabbing someone a few picks early, I'm talking consensus half a round or more early. Tyson Alualu was picked at #10 by Jacksonville. I think he would have been there for them in the 2nd. Does that mean he won't be a good player? No. Was he a reach? Hell yeah.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

Stop acting like you know anything about Troup. How many times did you see UCF play last year? Troup can't play because Tom Donahoe drafted "high motor" DE's. That doesn't make any friggin' sense.
                    Last edited by mayotm; 04-30-2010, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                      There's a difference though. Slow high motor defense ends will always suck, the only reason Schobel doesn't is cause he actually has some amount of athletecism. Big, Strong guys like Troup, who are high motored seem to me have a less of a bust factor than guys like Cam Thomas (guys who take plays off).
                      I am not sure Cam takes plays off, I heard he has some personal issues that teams are afraid would affect him.

Like Demetrious Underwood kind of demons. I can not confirm this just something I heard on the radio and it could be completely false, but it was an answer to a question of why he fell.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                        • Jul 2005

I do very much like the Troup he pushes double teams back, is just as strong if not stronger than Cody, can play 60 plays a game (not ideal and will not but can), a smart player, I think he was a captain (7 of the 9 drafted were), and he has very long arms which is nice when shedding blocks and wrapping up running backs running next to him.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                          Stop acting like you know anything about Troup. How many times did you see UCF play last year? Troup can't play because Tom Donahoe drafter "high motor" DE's. That doesn't make any friggin' sense.
                          Good point there. Op has never seen the guy play for even 1 play. I haven't either so how are either of us qualified to say anything?

Remember everyone OP is the same one labling Byrd a bust last year after the draft....

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                            Stop acting like you know anything about Troup. How many times did you see UCF play last year? Troup can't play because Tom Donahoe drafted "high motor" DE's. That doesn't make any friggin' sense.
                            That's not what I said at all. He said:

Originally posted by Jaybird

My point is simply going all out on every play does not guarantee NFL success. We've drafted plenty of players over the years who do the same thing and accomplish nothing.

Am I necessarily saying that Troup can't play? No. I'm simply saying that this particular facet to his game does NOT necessarily mean he will be effective, as plenty of past examples have proven.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

That's not what I said at all. He said:

My point is simply going all out on every play does not guarantee NFL success. We've drafted plenty of players over the years who do the same thing and accomplish nothing.

Am I necessarily saying that Troup can't play? No. I'm simply saying that this particular facet to his game does NOT necessarily mean he will be effective, as plenty of past examples have proven.
                              I agree that going all out on every play does not guarantee success.

However, Troup dominated against better teams and really was the only player on his defense. Teams could not run between the tackles against UCF this year.

Miami had 8 yards rushing in the first half, and that game was close till the end.

He is a good player and I really really liked the pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X