X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Patrick Crayton Wants Trade?

Wanting a trade, wide receiver Patrick Crayton has decided not to attend anymore voluntary offseason workouts with the Dallas Cowboys until something can be worked out, according to his agent Fred Lyles.

IRVING, Texas -- Wanting a trade, receiver Patrick Crayton has decided not to attend any more voluntary offseason workouts with the Dallas Cowboys until something can be worked out, according to his agent, Fred Lyles.

Crayton has requested a meeting with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, but that may not happen until next week. Lyles is hopeful he'll meet with Jones in the near future.

-------------

This is not surprising considering the hype surrounding Dez Bryant (not to mention, there's not enough balls to go around with Bryant, Austin, Williams, and Witten on the team). Bryant seems to be one of the "sure things" in this year's draft.

Anyways, I don't usually advocate signing free agents or giving up draft picks (especially for players over the age of 30), but I think Crayton would be a great pickup for the Bills. Although I have no idea what Jerry Jones would demand, a 5th-6th Rounder seems like fair value to me.

I don't want to hear about his stats either. Anyone who actually watches Patrick Crayton play knows that he is a pretty good player.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Patrick Crayton Wants Trade?

We've got 77 guys on the roster right now, which leaves room for three to come to camp. Obviously that could change pending Schobel's retirement plans, any early cuts, etc.

IMO if we're going to trade for anybody, it should be an offensive tackle, but I wouldn't mind another WR also. Probably going to fill out the last three spots with young, unknown FA's, though, and I wouldn't expect any swaps unless Nix and Co are sure the guy they are getting is going to be able to step into the lineup.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Re: Patrick Crayton Wants Trade?

If I were the GM, I probably wouldn't offer much for him because he has the reputation of being a team cancer and a me first kind of player, but a 3rd round pick may be fair value for him, but definitely nothing more than that because he isn't as good as Boldin or Marshall and neither the Cardinals nor the Broncos received a 1st round pick for either of the two.

Comment

Working...
      X