PDA

View Full Version : Luxury Picks Adrian Peterson & Chris Johnson

Night Train
05-01-2010, 07:42 AM
What were the Vikings thinking in 2007 ? RB Chester Taylor was coming off a 1200 yd. season and they needed help in the lines. But they passed on average to good lineman to draft Peterson. Stupid Vikings. They already had a "credible" RB. Luxury pick.

Titans Chris Johnson in 2008 ? Are you kidding me ? Lendale White had over 1100 yds the year before. Plus they had another 1000 rusher on the roster in Chris Brown. What about a decent lineman ? WTF ? White & Brown were "credible". Luxury pick.

Well, the Bills are just going to have to play Spiller in the backfield and in the slot at WR and take their lumps with their "luxury" draft pick. His college film doesn't show much but we'll see how it turns out. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Spiller will purchase a luxury car ? I mean a Ford Focus is "credible" enough for him.

SquishDaFish
05-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Awesome posting bro :clap: Agree completely.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-01-2010, 09:20 AM
agree 100%

methos4ever
05-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Don't forget the Panthers picking up DeAngelo Williams when they had DeShaun Foster and Stephen Davis. And then they had the nerve to get Jonathan Stewart too?

TWO 1100+ yard backs? Really? C'mon Carolina!

Kenny
05-01-2010, 09:33 AM
While I dont mind the Spiller pick, -mainly because there was no one else of value @ #9.... I dont think it's a fair comparison.

First off, -Spiller is no AP.

Secondly, Chris Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, and Jonathan Stewart... they were all picked in the second half of the first round, -if not near the end of the first round.
Teams that pick that low in the first round do not have nearly all the holes that a team that picks near the top has.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Spiller is a once every 10 years kind of game breaker... u dont pass on that....

we are
05-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Didnt the Vikings need defensive end help at the time?

Clearly they shouldve went with Jamaal Anderson.

Kenny
05-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Spiller is a once every 10 years kind of game breaker... u dont pass on that....

huh? Spiller was a good college player, -but how was he more dominant than Peterson, McFadden, Bush, etc...?

Luisito23
05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
First off, -Spiller is no AP.

Spiller hasn't even played 1 down yet, how do you know he's not equal or even better than Peterson?

Kenny
05-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Spiller hasn't even played 1 down yet, how do you know he's not equal or even better than Peterson?

Talking about college dominance.

better days
05-01-2010, 12:33 PM

Spiller is no Peterson, he has NEVER fumbled.

Thief
05-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Great, lets hitch our Buffalo wagon to the exceptions. Now I am wondering if Dellapella would even trade Spiller for Chris Johnson or AD in lala land where that trade would exist.

Kenny
05-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Spiller is no Peterson, he has NEVER fumbled.

yeah, and Spiller has never run a 300 yard game in the NFL.

come on now...

Was Spiller the best possible pick @ #9? Sure. All the top OT's were gone. Suh and McCoy were gone. Berry was gone.
Spiller made the best sense unless we were going to reach for a player.

But to say he's a once in a decade running back is insane.
He was good in college, -maybe even great. All Im saying is that he didnt dominate the college ranks like some other rb's in the past few years. People need to start taking off their rose-colored glasses

Typ0
05-01-2010, 01:52 PM
The only problem with these guys is defenses have gotten so big, quick and strong they key on them all came and hurt them. The result is very short careers. Spiller might have great years here for a couple but then be too beat up to move us to the next level. In that case he's useless to a rebuilding team other than to sell tickets which is all this team is about anyway. Wilson is so happy chasing his tail trying to focus on what he can do this year to sell tickets he has no idea what winning consistently would like his pockets with.

BertSquirtgum
05-01-2010, 02:06 PM
The only problem with these guys is defenses have gotten so big, quick and strong they key on them all came and hurt them. The result is very short careers. Spiller might have great years here for a couple but then be too beat up to move us to the next level. In that case he's useless to a rebuilding team other than to sell tickets which is all this team is about anyway. Wilson is so happy chasing his tail trying to focus on what he can do this year to sell tickets he has no idea what winning consistently would like his pockets with.

you're wrong

Johnny Bugmenot
05-01-2010, 02:14 PM
The Vikings have Bryant McKinnie-- a.k.a. the man the Bills should've drafted in 2002 instead of Mike Williams-- at the LT position. They did not need a franchise LT because they already had one. They also had just lost Onterrio Smith due to a drug-related suspension. So your first argument falls flat on its face. LT is the only O-line position you should ever invest that kind of money and that high of a draft pick in. Top guards, centers and RTs begin going off the board in the late 1st and early 2nd rounds.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-01-2010, 02:20 PM
yeah, and Spiller has never run a 300 yard game in the NFL.

come on now...

Was Spiller the best possible pick @ #9? Sure. All the top OT's were gone. Suh and McCoy were gone. Berry was gone.
Spiller made the best sense unless we were going to reach for a player.

But to say he's a once in a decade running back is insane.
He was good in college, -maybe even great. All Im saying is that he didnt dominate the college ranks like some other rb's in the past few years. People need to start taking off their rose-colored glasses

hes a once in a decade game breaking rb, not overall rb... not many runners ever come out with his speed and acceleration, reggie bush isnt even as fast as spiller dude... he literally has randy moss, bo jackson , barry sanders type of acceleration...

Beebe's Kid
05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
This is priceless...we get thr most exciting player in the draft, and people aren't happy.

Ther has been nothing exciting here in a lon, long time. Before you piss and moan, because that's what you have to do, let's just se how exciting Spiller makes this football team.

Until then, keep crying, or even pretend we passed on him, and cry about how we never get exciting players. That sounds like fun, huh? Anything youncanndo to pass the time before there is football to complain about.

Griff
05-01-2010, 05:59 PM

and that's why we kept Lynch, 3 starting material backs can share the pain.

ServoBillieves
05-01-2010, 06:01 PM
and that's why we kept Lynch, 3 starting material backs can share the pain.

Hey Griff. I blame you for me getting re-obsessed with Mystery Science Theater 3000. And I am ok with this. Watch "The Starfighters" episode in case you've never seen it before.

HAMMER
05-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I think everyone will end up very happy with this pick. The kid can ball and Lord knows we need someone that can help us score some damn points.

PECKERWOOD
05-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Ride the Lightning is the perfect theme song for Buffalo's offensive plans in the 2010 season.

Griff
05-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Hey Griff. I blame you for me getting re-obsessed with Mystery Science Theater 3000. And I am ok with this. Watch "The Starfighters" episode in case you've never seen it before.

will try