PDA

View Full Version : Each Season Represents a Fresh Start

Jan Reimers
05-01-2010, 08:58 AM
As I read the myriad of negative posts that tell us that we are doomed to continue making the same mistakes that past Bills' regimes have made, I am reminded of a few basic facts:

Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey and Doug Whaley are not Tom Donahoe/Marv Levy, Dick Jauron/Mike Mularkey/Gregg Williams or John Guy. It is somewhat foolish to automatically assume that they will make the same poor draft selections, FA moves, or coaching decisions as their predecessors.

With good, veteran football men in place, it is likewise silly to assume that Russ Brandon - a very bright marketing and business executive - would be so stupid as to try to control or dictate player personnel decisions.

Ralph Wilson, some would say, is the common denominator in our failures. But Ralph has owned this team in the '60s and the '90s, when we won 6 AFL/AFC Championships and went to 4 straight Super Bowls, as well as in our decade of decline. To assume we can never win again with Ralph as owner is specious as well.

Every season represents a new start, but this one especially. Brandon has been kicked back upstairs, and a new regime of grizzled, down-to-earth football men has been hired to breath fresh life into this team.

Sure, the naysayers might be right. It may turn out to be the same old thing we've experienced since the late '90s. But with the changes we've made, it is just plain ridiculous to flatly ASSUME that things won't get better.

mayotm
05-01-2010, 09:01 AM
As I read the myriad of negative posts that tell us that we are doomed to continue making the same mistakes that past Bills' regimes have made, I am reminded of a few basic facts:

Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey and Doug Whaley are not Tom Donahoe/Marv Levy, Dick Jauron/Mike Mularkey/Gregg Williams or John Guy. It is somewhat foolish to automatically assume that they will make the same poor draft selections, FA moves, or coaching decisions as their predecessors.

With good, veteran football men in place, it is likewise silly to assume that Russ Brandon - a very bright marketing and business executive - would be so stupid as to try to control or dictate player personnel decisions.

Ralph Wilson, some would say, is the common denominator in our failures. But Ralph has owned this team in the '60s and the '90s, when we won 6 AFL/AFC Championships and went to 4 straight Super Bowls, as well as in our decade of decline. To assume we can never win again is specious as well.

Every season represents a new start, but this one especially. Brandon has been kicked back upstairs, and a new regime of grizzled, down-to-earth football men has been hired to breath fresh life into this team.

Sure, the naysayers might be right. It may turn out to be the same old thing we've experienced since the late '90s. But with the changes we've made, it is just plain ridiculous to flatly ASSUME that things won't get better.Can't wait to see OP's response since he's assumed the responsibility of shooting down any post that isn't completely negative.

trapezeus
05-01-2010, 09:44 AM
usually in the last ten years we were served either be hopeful with no plans of getting better vs. this team sucks. That created the realist vs. homer debates for the last couple years

with this new regime, it seems like there really is a plan. we have to see how gailey is as a coach, but it's assumed he's not as god awful as jauron. And this creates a middle ground between realists and homers.

I'm in that new group. i liked the draft, i don't think it's enough to turn around a very bad 2009 team. but i think the 2009 and 2010 drafts are giving us a core. where we are finally getting answers and playmakers at key positions.

I don't think it can help us from being a bad team in 2010, but i think coming out of the 2011 draft, we could be one of those sleep teams where we know the team is good but the NFL wrote us off.

I think they are on the right path.

SABURZFAN
05-01-2010, 11:57 AM
great thread Jan. :up:

i like this fresh start. i'm not expecting Super Bowl nor playoffs this year but i think we might be in some exciting games that go down to the wire. with the new regime building off of last years draft with this years draft and FA pickups, we're looking at another step of going a whole new direction. if the last bunch of idiots guided bad teams to 6-10 and 7-9 records, we should be a little more optimistic that it isn't the same crap year in and year out like the last 4 years.

YardRat
05-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh, c'mon now...if Op didn't piss and moan and whine and cry this off-season, half of the board would be disappointed and the other half would wonder who hacked into his account.

It's springtime, after the annual draft...The snow melts, the flowers bloom, and Op goes off on the Bills. It's a given.

The Spaz
05-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Good post!:up::beers:

tampabay25690
05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Great thread.......
I hate the negativity 90% of the time.
Its nice to have positive Threads

Night Train
05-01-2010, 04:10 PM
How DARE you take a fresh look at this new administration !

shelby
05-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Love the optimism tendered with realism!

Buddo
05-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm far more optimistic about this coming season than I have been in recent years. While I've felt that we have been largely competent on Defense in that period, although there were things that did especially tick me off, we have been so appalling on Offense, that it was necessary to remind myself what an offense looked like, by watching the occasional game that didn't have the Bills in it.
I believe that we will see all round improvement, from STs (who were not great last year) to the Offense actually resembling one, and a D that can actually stop the run, to not having half a squad on IR.
Although I do not envision us to be playoff bound, I can see that it is possible to maybe achieve a winning season. I'm not sold on the Jets or Fins tbh, as being that much better than us. Both sanchez and Henne are unproven, and could quite easily be given a hard time by our secondary. It will be difficult to put points on them though, especially the Jets.
For that to happen, we need reasonable play from both the LT and QB positions in particular, but the O-Line as a whole. Get that, and we can be annoying as hell, especially within the division.
On the other hand, should we not resolve the above issues, at least in the interim, we will struggle to get 6 or 7 wins.
We aren't remotely a complete team, but if a few things go our way, we can be a competitive team.
Irrespective of how it actually all came about, I believe that the Bills finally have a triumvirate of solid football guys, in Nix, Whaley and Gailey, who will get this thing headed in the right direction, and keep it there.
By the end of year three of these guys, I expect us to be in the playoffs, i.e. 2012, and I also expect us to be visiting them regularly thereafter.

OpIv37
05-01-2010, 07:01 PM

Ralph Wilson, some would say, is the common denominator in our failures. But Ralph has owned this team in the '60s and the '90s, when we won 6 AFL/AFC Championships and went to 4 straight Super Bowls, as well as in our decade of decline. To assume we can never win again with Ralph as owner is specious as well.

Sure, the naysayers might be right. It may turn out to be the same old thing we've experienced since the late '90s. But with the changes we've made, it is just plain ridiculous to flatly ASSUME that things won't get better.

It's ridiculous to assume anything different than that status quo until this organization proves otherwise. After nearly 50 years of this crap, you're STILL willing to give them the benefit of the doubt? That's simply illogical.

Night Train
05-01-2010, 07:13 PM
It's ridiculous to assume anything different than that status quo until this organization proves otherwise. After nearly 50 years of this crap, you're STILL willing to give them the benefit of the doubt? That's simply illogical.

You'd be a God on the Lions board.

Typ0
05-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Your post is more of the same Jan. The new guys are not the same guys as the last guys therefore things are looking up unless proven otherwise.

YardRat
05-01-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm more optimistic about this season than I have been for the last few. I don't know if that's really saying much, though.

Griff
05-02-2010, 12:22 AM
This is the first year that I'm not expecting much, but at the same time not negative.

Spiderweb
05-02-2010, 01:42 AM

Just as it is illogical to think that replacing Brandon and Jauron with real football guys, with successes of their own in Nix and Gailey won't make a difference.

The first steps were taken. Nix should not only be righting the ship, which I believe he's on the right track, but he also needs to be grooming and mentoring his successor., of which I hope he's doing.

With Gailey, we've got a head coach with some offensive successes behind him and our offense can't help but get better from the anemic state it has been in for the last half decade.

Yes, I'm optimistic that we will be cheering better coached, better executing team this year.

jamze132
05-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Asside from the new regime, there isn't really much to be excited about this year. We will have another top 10 pick. Now 2011 should be exciting! Maybe we'll break .500!

Night Train
05-02-2010, 06:20 AM
This is the first year that I'm not expecting much, but at the same time not negative.

That's it, to the letter.

I'd gladly take a step back to FINALLY point this in the right direction. New coach & schemes means an expected adjustment period. The needed lineup changes will take at least 2 years.

Typ0
05-02-2010, 06:56 AM
nothing will change on this team until Wilson kicks off or or the uber quarterback shows up.

Griff
05-02-2010, 09:23 AM
nothing will change on this team until Wilson kicks off or or the uber quarterback shows up.

why? does Wilson play? coach? As long as Nix is the guy who decides who is hired and fired we'll be okay. I think Ralphie has finally realized the game has past him by.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Asside from the new regime, there isn't really much to be excited about this year. We will have another top 10 pick. Now 2011 should be exciting! Maybe we'll break .500!

maybe im in the minority but this team isnt nearly as bad as people make it... the problem is the qb position and if trent edwards just plays normal under a real offensive coordinator then i think we have a solid chance... we have the best deep threat at wr in the division, we have the best game breaking rb, our line will be better without all the injuries this year, we have a very fast te... we have a real offensive coordinator, and we finally will be able to stop the run this year with all the additions we made to our front 7... im excited and i cant wait till we destroy miami opening day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typ0
05-02-2010, 10:43 AM
why? does Wilson play? coach? As long as Nix is the guy who decides who is hired and fired we'll be okay. I think Ralphie has finally realized the game has past him by.

Based on what?

Typ0
05-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I would agree the team is better than they have played. Making a coaching change the week before the season last year told me they were a mess. But the achilles heel is still there.

maybe im in the minority but this team isnt nearly as bad as people make it... the problem is the qb position and if trent edwards just plays normal under a real offensive coordinator then i think we have a solid chance... we have the best deep threat at wr in the division, we have the best game breaking rb, our line will be better without all the injuries this year, we have a very fast te... we have a real offensive coordinator, and we finally will be able to stop the run this year with all the additions we made to our front 7... im excited and i cant wait till we destroy miami opening day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingtar33
05-02-2010, 11:23 AM
usually in the last ten years we were served either be hopeful with no plans of getting better vs. this team sucks. That created the realist vs. homer debates for the last couple years

with this new regime, it seems like there really is a plan. we have to see how gailey is as a coach, but it's assumed he's not as god awful as jauron. And this creates a middle ground between realists and homers.

I'm in that new group. i liked the draft, i don't think it's enough to turn around a very bad 2009 team. but i think the 2009 and 2010 drafts are giving us a core. where we are finally getting answers and playmakers at key positions.

I don't think it can help us from being a bad team in 2010, but i think coming out of the 2011 draft, we could be one of those sleep teams where we know the team is good but the NFL wrote us off.

I think they are on the right path.

there was a plan with Donahoe... he wanted to win now, and spent anything and everything to do it.

There was a plan with Levy/DJ/Modrak/Guy... they wanted to win in 2-3 years... and drafted accordingly... you can complain about how poorly they drafted, but they basically went after the top guys on their boards at their need positions pretty predictably.

I fail to see how this regime is any different from the previous two... only that Nix is far less a player in FA then even Levy (who was not particularly active)... which can only mean his idea for building a winning team is more in the 3-4 year range.

At this point in time we've basically sunk to the lions level of incompetence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts
Buffalo Bills 1999 AFC Wild Card Playoffs 10
Detroit Lions 1999 NFC Wild Card Playoffs 10
Houston Texans (franchise started in 2002) 8

the average 2000-2009 season records for them were... Bills 6-10, Lions 4-12; we had 2 winning seasons (both 9-7) over those 10years... and the Lions have had 1 (also 9-7). At this point making fun of the Lions is pretty pointless; because we're certainly in their ballpark for ineptitude.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Can't wait to see OP's response since he's assumed the responsibility of shooting down any post that isn't completely negative.

I don't shoot down posts because they're not completely negative.

I shoot down posts because they're not realistic.

Any of the "positive" posts in this thread could have been posted in 2002. Or 2004. Or 2006. Or now in 2010.

At the end of the day, it's the same people running the show. At the end of the day, we're still trying to amend for past mistakes (example: if taking Lynch wasn't a mistake, we wouldn't have had to take Spiller).

Most likely, this team will need new ownership to turn this thing around. At the very least, Ralph will need to get rid of his "good ol' boys" club in Brandon, Modrak and Overdorf to turn this thing around. They've changed the GM before, three times, with piss-poor results.

And let's take it a step beyond that. Let's accept the premise that rebuilding is a multi-year process that we're just starting. So far this off season, we've gotten better at RB and.... RB. Even though I don't like the Troup pick, I'll even give you that one and say he's a legitimate starting NFL NT from Day 1- he's still the only one on the roster and one NT won't get us through the whole season. So, even our DT's are worse than last year. If I have time later, I'll go through a full position-by-position breakdown of this off-season, and maybe then you and some other people will see just how little they've accomplished. No one expected them to turn it around in 1 year, but it's not unreasonable to expect more progress than they've made.

That's the reality of the situation. The positive posts are searching for any faint glimmer of hope and grasping at straws. I don't like it. It's a terrible situation. But that's simply how it is. We will finish this season somewhere around 4 wins. We'll finish the 2011 season in the 4-6 win range. 2012 will be the same, and then, if we still have a team, we'll be having these same conversations all over again.

Making Buddy Nix GM doesn't fix total organizational failure.

mayotm
05-02-2010, 12:36 PM

Any of the "positive" posts in this thread could have been posted in 2002. Or 2004. Or 2006. Or now in 2010.

At the end of the day, it's the same people running the show. At the end of the day, we're still trying to amend for past mistakes (example: if taking Lynch wasn't a mistake, we wouldn't have had to take Spiller).

Most likely, this team will need new ownership to turn this thing around. At the very least, Ralph will need to get rid of his "good ol' boys" club in Brandon, Modrak and Overdorf to turn this thing around. They've changed the GM before, three times, with piss-poor results.

And let's take it a step beyond that. Let's accept the premise that rebuilding is a multi-year process that we're just starting. So far this off season, we've gotten better at RB and.... RB. Even though I don't like the Troup pick, I'll even give you that one and say he's a legitimate starting NFL NT from Day 1- he's still the only one on the roster and one NT won't get us through the whole season. So, even our DT's are worse than last year. If I have time later, I'll go through a full position-by-position breakdown of this off-season, and maybe then you and some other people will see just how little they've accomplished. No one expected them to turn it around in 1 year, but it's not unreasonable to expect more progress than they've made.

That's the reality of the situation. The positive posts are searching for any faint glimmer of hope and grasping at straws. I don't like it. It's a terrible situation. But that's simply how it is. We will finish this season somewhere around 4 wins. We'll finish the 2011 season in the 4-6 win range. 2012 will be the same, and then, if we still have a team, we'll be having these same conversations all over again.

Making Buddy Nix GM doesn't fix total organizational failure.Wow, that's quite a rant. The fact that you can predict how many wins this team will have in 2011 and 2012 is truly amazing. You have a gift.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Wow, that's quite a rant. The fact that you can predict how many wins this team will have in 2011 and 2012 is truly amazing. You have a gift.

No, I don't have a gift. I've simply seen how this organization has operated and how they continue to operate. If it looks the same, sounds the same and acts the same, odds are that it is the same. You, me and anyone else who follows this team should be able to see it. But some people see what they want to see instead of what's there.

Typ0
05-02-2010, 01:04 PM
you forgot to mention how the FO & Coaching hires this offseason just expanded on the good old boys club when it should have been dissolved. It's very comforting that a group of failures got to hire guys that looked, sounded and acted just like them. Yep, were headed up for sure--up the river without a paddle that is.

It truly is sickening to see so many positivist pundits complain about raining on their parade...their attitude only lasts until about week three anyway.

Making Buddy Nix GM doesn't fix total organizational failure.

BertSquirtgum
05-02-2010, 04:27 PM
you "realists" are idiots

Typ0
05-02-2010, 07:12 PM

You always bring such convincing arguments to the table.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM

go read the realists arguments from last season- most were saying 7-9 no playoffs. We finished 6-10, no playoffs. The blind homers were predicting 10-6 and playoffs. Log in here around the first week of December. By that time, every thread will be *****ing about the team and will look like it was started by a "realist", but most of them will be from the people like you who are giving us all kinds of **** right now.

But hey, I can't change how you think. There are two choices: accept reality now, or accept it by mid season when it kicks you in the nuts and becomes painfully obvious.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2010, 08:00 PM
go read the realists arguments from last season- most were saying 7-9 no playoffs. We finished 6-10, no playoffs. The blind homers were predicting 10-6 and playoffs. Log in here around the first week of December. By that time, every thread will be *****ing about the team and will look like it was started by a "realist", but most of them will be from the people like you who are giving us all kinds of **** right now.

But hey, I can't change how you think. There are two choices: accept reality now, or accept it by mid season when it kicks you in the nuts and becomes painfully obvious.

u fail to mention how the philosophy has changed with this fa class and draft class... big physical players... moving to the 34, taking the best player in spiller... nix has already showed me we are on the right track...

Dr. Lecter
05-02-2010, 08:01 PM

I picked 3-13 last year and was wrong.

This year I think I will try that prediction again.

BertSquirtgum
05-02-2010, 08:38 PM
nothing i say will ever change your minds so i will not waste my time like OP does typing out books. i just wanted you guys to know i think you're idiots. this will be the last time i say it. the way you guys act i don't know how you can even sit down and enjoy watching a football game.

edit: by the way i predicted a 6-10 season last year......and we will probably end up with around the same record this year, +/- 1. 3-13 is just a little too low. i believe the bills are a better team than 3-13.

justasportsfan
05-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Donahoe and Marv chose idiots to call the shots. At least Gailey has some level of success and has hired people who have some level of success too. My only concern is that some of them were on the college level and Rivera in the CFL level.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 08:50 PM
nothing i say will ever change your minds so i will not waste my time like OP does typing out books. i just wanted you guys to know i think you're idiots. this will be the last time i say it. the way you guys act i don't know how you can even sit down and enjoy watching a football game.

edit: by the way i predicted a 6-10 season last year......and we will probably end up with around the same record this year, +/- 1. 3-13 is just a little too low. i believe the bills are a better team than 3-13.

I don't know how ANYONE who claims to be a fan has been able to sit down and enjoy a Bills game for years. It's simply not enjoyable to watch the team perform like this, but as a fan, I do it anyway. You people come on here and give yourselves false hopes so you have an artificial reason to enjoy the game rather than just accepting the fact that Bills football isn't enjoyable right now, and probably won't be for the foreseeable future.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 08:54 PM
u fail to mention how the philosophy has changed with this fa class and draft class... big physical players... moving to the 34, taking the best player in spiller... nix has already showed me we are on the right track...

That's not the reality.

We used our highest pick to replace a position that we just used our highest pick on 3 years ago- one that wasn't even a priority. We reached for guys after Spiller and we STILL didn't address holes adequately. They are STILL counting on late-round rookies to fill major needs. The FO sat back and watched our division opponents get better via FA while all we did was add some 3-4 role players for experience.

All of this is the same crap we've seen before. Spin it any way you want, but this is same ****, different day.

BertSquirtgum
05-02-2010, 08:55 PM
some of the games may make me sick to my stomach but i still love to watch them play. i will also come on here and vent about ****ty plays or games. although, i will not come on here and blast the team when i haven't seem them play one game this year, with a 100% different coaching staff. it just doesn't make sense.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 09:03 PM
some of the games may make me sick to my stomach but i still love to watch them play. i will also come on here and vent about ****ty plays or games. although, i will not come on here and blast the team when i haven't seem them play one game this year, with a 100% different coaching staff. it just doesn't make sense.

sure it does. Ralph, Modrak, Overdorf, Brandon. It's the same guys calling the shots. Ralph's 3-headed incompetence monster has been around since the Tom Donahoe days, and has been an integral part of the 10 years of mediocrity in which we are currently mired. Their "new" coaching staff includes an aging retread coach with limited success who is dual-hatting as OC, not to mention a guy in his 70's getting his first GM job.

Let's put it this way: what has this organization done to earn the benefit of the doubt in your eyes? In the last 10 years, we've had 4 GM's (Donahoe, Levy, Brandon, now Nix) and Gailey is our 4th HC (Williams, Mularkey, Jauron). We've gone through this exercise before without any success. Until I see something to suggest otherwise, this just looks like same ****, different day. This organization deserves every ounce of criticism and has not earned the benefit of the doubt.

BertSquirtgum
05-02-2010, 09:08 PM
neither of the guys you named will be calling any of the shots on the field.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 09:09 PM
neither of the guys you named will be calling any of the shots on the field.

but just like the last 3 times, they helped pick the guy who will be calling shots on the field. That's why I don't think anything will change.

BertSquirtgum
05-02-2010, 09:10 PM
well then, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. i'm not a homer and i'm not mr doomsday. i probably hated the jauron hire more than anyone on here. i wanted sherman. i have a slighty good feeling about gailey. which i haven't had with either of the last 3 bums that were hired. i was disgusted with all three.

Ingtar33
05-02-2010, 11:52 PM

I'll take that as a compliment. this realist won the first BZ "prediction contest" for predicting the final season record... and came within 1 game on the last week of the season and the colts rolling over for the bills from making it 2 straight season prediction wins (i'm glad they did better then my predicted 5-11, but really... not that happy because it was an unwatchable 6-10 season)

I don't think i'm a realist... or an idealist. I'm a fan with a reasonable level of football knowledge and an accurate rate of success for predicting the team's final record.

Just because i'm not jumping on the bandwagon and getting psyched for this upcoming year, and am voicing my doubts about the direction of the franchise doesn't make me a hater. I like to think i have a reasonable love for the team. enough love that it kills me to watch the **** on the field week after week. I just think, reading some of these posts that there will be a LOT of angry people come October.

Personally i think you might be able to enjoy what there is of football this season if you lowered your sights a little... because as i see it right now.. the best we have to look forward to is a 7-9 season... while the worse is probably a 4-12 year (we play some really bad teams, so losing more then 12 games would take an epic locker-room meltdown).

I'll refrain from making an official prediction until the 2nd or 3rd week of preseason but at the moment, it looks like a 6 win season and drafting around 8th, guaranteeing we'll miss out on whatever hot new QB declares; not that it will mater.. there probably won't be an NFL season in 2011... (while you can't use preseason records to predict the regular season, you can see trends and make a prediction based on what those are, for example, seeing the jets in the preseason last year convinced me that they had the best line in football and one of the better defenses; likely leading to the playoffs... which was true. While the mess i saw out of the bills convinced me 5-11 was within 1 game of where they would be)

Michael82
05-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Well said, Jan! I know that this is the time of the year where we we all get excited about the season and the team...but this year feels different. I know this isn't a playoff team. But I finally feel like we have a direction. I love having a football mind in the front office. It's a refreshing change from the **** we've had in the front office in the last 10 years. I've been saying for a while that this team needs to rebuild and do it piece by piece to get us back in the playoffs consistantly and it seems like Buddy understands that.

jamze132
05-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Dude... just dude...

Some of the points you made are way off. For one, no one knows how Spiller will respond to the NFL game. You cannot declare him the best game changing RB. Our O-line is far from healthy. There is no gaurantee Bell will be ready for camp (who really cares anyways, he sucked), and Wood is coming off of major surgery, again there is no gaurantee he will even play this year. I think he will but how effective will he be?

We do not have a real offensive coordinator. Our HC is calling the friggin plays! And you do not know if we will be able to stop the run this year or not. Everyone of the Bills holdovers are playing in a totally new defense. Who knows how they will react?

Your post is filled with blind homerism, but I like your energy kid.

Night Train
05-03-2010, 06:23 AM
I agree with the above comments about TD wishing to "win now".

Levy/Jauron had NO plan whatsoever, IMO. Levy was completely out of the NFL loop and was nothing more than a figurehead that deferred to his DB obsessed coach and John Guy. Picking Whitner over Ngata pretty much confirmed that.

Nix can find talent and Gailey needs to get his team on the field and make it work. So far, Nix has concentrated on the 3-4 D scheme by aquiring/drafting/signing Edwards,Davis,Troup,Carrington,Moats,Bratten & Coleman for the front 7. That's hardly sitting on your hands doing nothing.

The 2 premier LT's were gone before pick 9, so the best playmaker in the entire draft was selected over Bulaga, who the Bills saw as a RT. Time will tell but I'm guessing Spiller will be fed the ball early and often.

Nix has already done more in 4 months than the entire Levy/Brandon/Jauron era did it's entire tenure.

methos4ever
05-03-2010, 06:44 AM
And RE: Nix being less of a player in FA than Marv, we are embarking on the first uncapped year in recent memory, which because of the rules on when you were a vested vet made it very hard to pick and choose guys to fill needs...

JMO

justasportsfan
05-03-2010, 07:54 AM
but just like the last 3 times, they helped pick the guy who will be calling shots on the field. That's why I don't think anything will change.

So no matter who they pick whether they got Shanahan or Cowher nothing would change , we'd still be losers. Gotcha.