PDA

View Full Version : Bills Dilemma

Cntrygal
05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
I haven't been to a home game in a couple years - I figured they haven't been worth my money (better spent on skiing). But the Bills open against the icky fishies.... should I start saving now????

El Guapo
05-02-2010, 12:46 PM
No matter how bleak the season looks before opening weekend, I always plan to be at the home opener, ESPECIALLY if it is actually opening weekend. The best games I have been to, when atmosphere is taken into account, have been opening weekend games. Everybody is pumped and ready for football to start. Throw in a rival, and it doesn't get much better.

Now, if we were still in it in December, then a rivalry game can be even better then. However, I can't seem to recall the last time that was the case.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2010, 12:47 PM
do i think the bills are going to the superbowl? no. do i think and expect us to be competitive? yes!

mikemac2001
05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I haven't been to a home game in a couple years - I figured they haven't been worth my money (better spent on skiing). But the Bills open against the icky fishies.... should I start saving now????

Ya dolphins opener i took off planning a big day of drunken mess

don137
05-02-2010, 01:06 PM
If you go to one game the first game is the best. The best Billszone tailgate of the year with lots of great zoners, the weather is nice and everyone is excited about the upcoming season. I have done it the last couple years but not sure if I am doing it this year since I am already doing the Bengals-Bills game.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm tempted but it's hard for me to get time off of work that time of year. ( I'd need Monday to travel back). And I can't shake the thought that this team is a huge waste of money at the moment. The tailgates are fun regardless of how the team does, but is it really worth a vacation day, two days of travel and several hundred dollars for tickets, gas and hotel for a tailgate?

This team has sucked all the fun out of football.

Cntrygal
05-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah... and adding in an airline tix.

A couple years ago, I went to the KC/Bills game. That was a blast and didn't cost a whole lot. I drove to Sioux Falls (6 hours), stayed with friends.. car pooled down to KC, split hotel cost/food etc.

Mad Bomber
05-02-2010, 01:35 PM
You'd better!

Michael82
05-02-2010, 02:01 PM
With the home opener being the Fins, maybe it will actually bring LtFishFan up there for the opener weekend. :up:

JCBills
05-02-2010, 02:01 PM

A couple years ago, I went to the KC/Bills game. That was a blast and didn't cost a whole lot. I drove to Sioux Falls (6 hours), stayed with friends.. car pooled down to KC, split hotel cost/food etc.

The 50+ game? Would have been awesome to see that.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 02:25 PM

yeah the Bills are playing in Baltimore this year, which is an hour drive (maybe 2 hours with football traffic), so I wouldn't even need a hotel or a vacation day. I may just do that instead.

Nublar7
05-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I haven't been to a home game in a couple years - I figured they haven't been worth my money (better spent on skiing). But the Bills open against the icky fishies.... should I start saving now????If I were you, I would wait until another home game to make the trip. Pick a game the Bills actually have a chance at winning.

tampabay25690
05-02-2010, 02:59 PM

I understand where you are coming from but.
You are a BILLS fan you should make every attempt to come to B-LO and see them play.... Good or BAD I still make at least 2 trips a year to Buffalo for a game...
I am definitely coming fro the home opener since its vs Miami....
Thats an easy call in my book.......

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 03:11 PM
If I were you, I would wait until another home game to make the trip. Pick a game the Bills actually have a chance at winning.

and what game would that be? The Las Vegas Locomotives aren't on our schedule this year.

buffalobillsfan95
05-02-2010, 03:21 PM
If I were you, I would wait until another home game to make the trip. Pick a game the Bills actually have a chance at winning.
i'll remember this when buffalo mops the floor with dolphins :limpclap:

Cntrygal
05-02-2010, 03:28 PM

:mad:

ServoBillieves
05-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm tempted but it's hard for me to get time off of work that time of year. ( I'd need Monday to travel back). And I can't shake the thought that this team is a huge waste of money at the moment. The tailgates are fun regardless of how the team does, but is it really worth a vacation day, two days of travel and several hundred dollars for tickets, gas and hotel for a tailgate?

This team has sucked all the fun out of football.

You added too many words to the end there... it didn't need the "all the fun out of football" part.

But seriously, It's a Bills game. I've been saving the past year for this game, I didn't care who the opener was, I just know that a ton of drunk, obsessive and rowdy fans on that opening Sunday will still have hope, they'll forget the past few years, and just have a great ****ing time. Knowing it's the fish makes it about 4423.21x's better, but it's the Ralph.

Nuff said.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2010, 05:05 PM

dude your team has no game breakers ... we are going to stack the box and shut down williams and brown and eat henne for lunch!!! you defensive front seven has no nt... and your olbs are gone... smith and davis cant even cover evans and easley...

bills 31
fish 10

Night Train
05-02-2010, 05:06 PM
It was amazing that we could look so bad against the Browns (thanks Skeletor) and then just destroy the Fins . That was my favorite game last season.

Oh, that's right. We're only going to win 2-3 games next year, according to the braintrust (snicker) here. Save your $$ :rolleyes:

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2010, 05:07 PM

we all know ur upset u didnt get spiller!!!!!!! lol hahaha

shelby
05-02-2010, 05:22 PM
i would go to B-lo for the opener if it were in the budget.

Nublar7
05-02-2010, 05:22 PM
dude your team has no game breakers ... we are going to stack the box and shut down williams and brown and eat henne for lunch!!! you defensive front seven has no nt... and your olbs are gone... smith and davis cant even cover evans and easley...

bills 31
fish 10I guess you missed that the Dolphins traded for Brandon Marshall.

Ground Chuck
05-02-2010, 05:25 PM
I guess you missed that the Dolphins traded for Brandon Marshall.
I guess you missed the fact that Henne sucks.

ServoBillieves
05-02-2010, 05:30 PM
I guess you missed the fact that Henne sucks.

... BURN!

Nublar7
05-02-2010, 05:30 PM
I guess you missed the fact that Henne sucks.lol, get ready to eat those words this season.

Nublar7
05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
... BURN!Only those who are uneducated about the NFL would think that is a burn. Enjoy the AFC East cellar for the third straight year.:dance3:

Cntrygal
05-02-2010, 05:34 PM
:tap:

Stop with the smack in MY thread. :mad:

ServoBillieves
05-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Only those who are uneducated about the NFL would think that is a burn. Enjoy the AFC East cellar for the third straight year.:dance3:

... Thinking we'd eat our words about 1 player of 22 starters on an NFL team and saying "burn" to someone elses post is being uneducated?

Bit of a stretch...

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2010, 05:47 PM
I guess you missed that the Dolphins traded for Brandon Marshall.

i guess u missed that marshall is a possession receiver... just admit it, u wish u had spiller...lol

nublar- get ready for 4.2 speed running all over ur team!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Lecter
05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
i guess u missed that marshall is a possession receiver... just admit it, u wish u had spiller...lol

nublar- get ready for 4.2 speed running all over ur team!!!!!!!!!

Possession WR?

Huh? Are you serious?

Dr. Lecter
05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
I think C-gal needs to get her ass to the opener.

BillsWin
05-02-2010, 06:10 PM

When Ryan Fitzpatrick torches your ass behind a swing door of an offensive line you have NOTHING to get cocky about. 31-14.

Sorry phish fan, but the Bills are taking this one. Better defense than last year, a competent offensive coordinator and home field advantage.

Recipe for canned dolphin un-safe tuna.

LtFinFan66
05-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I guess you missed the fact that Henne sucks.that's funny considering your QB stable:rofl:

LtFinFan66
05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Possession WR?

Huh? Are you serious?he hasn't a clue...that's all

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 07:33 PM

bills 31
fish 10

The Bills will be lucky if they have a single game over 30 points all season. If they do, at least 14 will come from the D.

I see it more like 24-6 Miami.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2010, 07:53 PM
he hasn't a clue...that's all

brandon marshall is a great wr, dont get me wrong, but he makes plays with his height and power, not his speed. hes a 4.5 guy... hes not a "game breaker"..

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2010, 07:54 PM
The Bills will be lucky if they have a single game over 30 points all season. If they do, at least 14 will come from the D.

you have no clue....

justasportsfan
05-02-2010, 08:15 PM

bills fans aren't fair weathered fans like finfans. We show up win or lose.

LtFinFan66
05-02-2010, 08:16 PM
bills fans aren't fairweathered fans like finfans.Don't try to speak for all Fin fans....or Bills fans for that matter

justasportsfan
05-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Don't try to speak for all Fin fans....or Bills fans for that matter
in general fins fans are known to be one of the most fair weathered fans in the NFL. I know ,I lived in So. Florida. Even players say that about the fan base.

YOu can deny it all you want. It's the truth.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
you have no clue....

hahahahah really? Our rookie NT and DT-to-DE conversions are going to shut down Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams? Our worthless QB's behind our worthless OL are going to score 31 points throwing to Lee Evans and some rookie named Easley? All with new coaches and schemes on both sides of the ball, in their first real game?

I'm not the one who has no clue, buddy.

mrbojanglezs
05-02-2010, 08:39 PM
skiing will never disappoint you

LtFinFan66
05-02-2010, 11:41 PM
in general fins fans are known to be one of the most fair weathered fans in the NFL. I know ,I lived in So. Florida. Even players say that about the fan base.

YOu can deny it all you want. It's the truth.I didn't deny anything....I am just making sure we aren't all bunched together. There are many, many diehard Fin fans who don't live in South Florida....half the people down there are northerners

JCBills
05-03-2010, 01:20 AM
brandon marshall is a great wr, dont get me wrong, but he makes plays with his height and power, not his speed. hes a 4.5 guy... hes not a "game breaker"..

You don't need speed to be able to make game-changing plays.

Marshall is a guy who is open when he isn't open.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
05-03-2010, 01:44 AM
I have not been to a Bills game since 2001 and I am thinking about going to the opener. This may be the best game of the season. If you got the cash I say "hell yes".

jamze132
05-03-2010, 02:01 AM

Dude, 6 points is pretty optimistic!

SaviorEdwards
05-03-2010, 02:15 AM
The first game of the season being at home is always awesome and having it be vs. the Fish is even better. You should go to that game.

Bling
05-03-2010, 02:27 AM
If winning isn't a big deal (not saying the Bills don't have a chance, but surely there's another team on the schedule you have a better chance against at home?), I'd say go for it. I'm sure the atmosphere before the game will be amazing.

justasportsfan
05-03-2010, 08:00 AM
I didn't deny anything....I am just making sure we aren't all bunched together. There are many, many diehard Fin fans who don't live in South Florida....half the people down there are northerners
I didn't single or call you out, Did I?

I don't care if there are fin fans all over. The stadium is almost always never fills up. They don't show up. I watched a lot of dolphin games when I lived in So. Fla. FOR FREE. Fin fans would easily give their tickets away if they had a chance to go to the beach.

better days
05-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Don't try to speak for all Fin fans....or Bills fans for that matter

It's true, not all Fish fans are fairweather................just the vast majority of them are.

Beebe's Kid
05-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Dude, 6 points is pretty optimistic!

Who stole Op's login? That prediction is way too "sunshine and lollipops," for Op.

Beating the phish was the best part of last year...or at least right up there with sitting in a blizzard with 73,000 of my closest friends.

I really enjoyed the crying about "running up the score," after the game. This was after we were humiliated in South Florida...except we were down from the gate down there, and it was actually a game that we finished here. I was really shocked at all of the crying, but what do you expect from a fickle, teal-clad fan base?

I think an interesting story this season will be to follow how much Brohm ends up being than Henne. Time will tell, but I think we might have an idea after week 1.

CG...home opener AND the Phish? There really isn't anything else to say, you have to go. It will be the first time we truly showcase Spiller, and our new offense, and like they say "There gonna be somthin'!!"

Cntrygal
05-03-2010, 11:24 AM
skiing will never disappoint you

True!!!

Johnny Bugmenot
05-03-2010, 11:59 AM
and what game would that be? The Las Vegas Locomotives aren't on our schedule this year. And at this rate I'm not convinced the Locos would lose that one.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
bills fans aren't fair weathered fans like finfans. We show up win or lose. And I suspect that's WHY the Bills lose. Captive audiences make for less incentive to make an effort.

justasportsfan
05-03-2010, 12:38 PM
And I suspect that's WHY the Bills lose. Captive audiences make for less incentive to make an effort.

doubt it. See 90's team.

jamze132
05-04-2010, 01:41 AM
If winning isn't a big deal (not saying the Bills don't have a chance, but surely there's another team on the schedule you have a better chance against at home?), I'd say go for it. I'm sure the atmosphere before the game will be amazing.
Hey kids, Bling ain't such a doucher afterall! :cheers:

Historian
05-04-2010, 10:18 AM
You should come here simply to see me, my dear!

Cntrygal
05-04-2010, 06:56 PM
You should come here simply to see me, my dear!

True!