PDA

View Full Version : Mike Milbury says Sidney Crosby wants it more than anyone else

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Isn't that kind of an insult to every player in the NHL?

G Wolly
05-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Not if he was talking about a relationship with another man.

Buffalogic
05-02-2010, 03:13 PM
It's just a stupid comment.

He doesn't want it more than everyone else he's just better than everyone else.

SabreEleven
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM
He wants it more than any current Buffalo Sabre except maybe Miller.

Ingtar33
05-03-2010, 12:26 PM
It's just a stupid comment.

He doesn't want it more than everyone else he's just better than everyone else.

yep.

well that's not 100% true... but it's close enough. i'm sure he wants to win another cup... but to claim he wants it more because he is a talented offensive player is just silly.

RockStar36
05-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Well if Milbury said it, it MUST be true.

DMBcrew36
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Milbury is a homer

But Crosby does want to win as bad as anyone. Claude Giroux of the Flyers said that Crosby and Pavel Datsyuk are the two hardest players in the league to play against.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Milbury is a homer

But Crosby does want to win as bad as anyone. Claude Giroux of the Flyers said that Crosby and Pavel Datsyuk are the two hardest players in the league to play against.

OK, saying he wants it as bad as anyone else is definitely a good possibility and is better worded than what Milbury said.

trapezeus
05-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Maybe millbury's point is that everyone wants it real bad, but how many players actually go out there and get it?

Look at pominville on down. Those jokers all want it. i don't doubt that. but when there isn't open ice and you have to fightto make things happens, that's where you see heart and grittiness.

DMBcrew36
05-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Maybe millbury's point is that everyone wants it real bad, but how many players actually go out there and get it?

Look at pominville on down. Those jokers all want it. i don't doubt that. but when there isn't open ice and you have to fightto make things happens, that's where you see heart and grittiness.

That is the game of hockey, in a nutshell. The game is won by races to the puck and small battles of who wants the puck more. Crosby rarely loses those battles.

Nighthawk
05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
He's an idiot, but the concept is understandable. Crosby not only is one of the most talented players in the NHL, but he also plays his ass off each and every shift. Can anybody think of a Sabre who we can say that about?

trapezeus
05-06-2010, 12:09 PM
crosby may win those battles because he's just a better player. but for the remaining 99% of the league, you have to get over the fear that you might not win the race to the puck and might get destroyed in the corners. I think our players lacked that grit.

Grit is knowing that you might get destroyed trying to make a play but you still go out there and try.

RockStar36
05-07-2010, 08:25 AM
He's an idiot, but the concept is understandable. Crosby not only is one of the most talented players in the NHL, but he also plays his ass off each and every shift. Can anybody think of a Sabre who we can say that about?

Ryan Miller is the only Sabre on the roster that fits that description.

Dr. Lecter
05-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Mike Grier.

Adam Mair

Matt Ellis

Not the most talented, but you can't say they don't work.

RockStar36
05-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Mike Grier.

Adam Mair

Matt Ellis

Not the most talented, but you can't say they don't work.

They work more than most on the roster for sure, but I still wouldn't put them at 100%.

chernobylwraiths
05-07-2010, 12:12 PM
They work more than most on the roster for sure, but I still wouldn't put them at 100%.

You're crazy. I certainly don't think they could have given any more in the playoffs. Especially Grier.

RockStar36
05-07-2010, 01:03 PM
You're crazy. I certainly don't think they could have given any more in the playoffs. Especially Grier.

In the playoffs they were 100%. But that is 6 games out of 88 total including the regular season.