• May 2010

Offseason Report

What do you think?
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Offseason Report

Originally posted by stevenlourie
    No. Just, no. Poor wording, very one sided.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Didn't really like it to be honest. I felt it was very one sided. I don't mind if you didn't like the picks or the Bills in general. All I ask is that you provide reasonable reasons to back your opinion.

Just saying, "they need a QB" "they need a left tackle" over and over again doesn't really warrant giving the picks a worse grade.

I think they got plenty of value with their picks and sure, they didn't address QB or LT, but they got good players to help the transition to the 3-4 and a play maker on offense.

Spiller is not a starting caliber back? Please. Maybe he doesn't "start" in 2010, but I guarantee you he will see the bulk of offensive touches soon enough.

And I don't see how you can think Troup won't be a starting NT in the NFL when he hasn't even set foot on the field in the league yet.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
        No. Just, no. Poor wording, very one sided.
        Yeah... dude is a pretty awful writer. His opinion is his opinion, so I'll give him that, but if you're going to put that much time into a website, it would help to be able to write.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Pure sophmoric crap.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I wish the guy had mentioned that we needed a quarterback.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

I'd be embarrassed to write that.

"The Bills needed a nose tackle, but Linval Joseph, Cam Thomas, and Terrence Cody were all still available. Troup is not even a starting caliber nose tackle in my mind. Taking any of those nose tackles would have been smart, as would taking Jimmy Clausen, or a left tackle, but they reached for a player."
              In your mind. Are you and NFL scout?

Taking someone who fell to the 5th in the 2nd would have been smart? Then you go on to call someone a reach? What?

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

So, did the Bills completely forget about Terrence Cody, Cam Thomas, and Linval Joseph when they picked Torrel Troup? No, I didn't think so. So why did they pick Troup? Maybe it was because they analyzed film of all four of them, did their due diligence and decided for their purposes he was the best fit and the best value. If that is the case, should I place any value whatsoever on the opinion of some fan who read the opinions of a few pundits as he surfed the net and decided Troup was inferior to the other NTs in that second tier group of four?

This yahoo doesn't even have his facts straight on a number of his opinions. Levi Brown has plenty of arm strength for instance.

Spiller is certainly going to split his carries with Jackson and(if he's still here) Lynch. It probably isn't all that important who actually starts for the Bills. Spiller is going to be far more than a 3rd down and change of pace back. It would not surprise me if he ended up with 30 receptions or more. If you combined that with a couple hundred carries for the season and a fair number of returns, and Spiller is productive in all those areas, I think his value is fine for the first round.

Stroud is in decline, and Kyle Williams is not a good fit as a 3-4 defensive end. Kyle is more likely to play the nose on obvious passing downs IMO. I would not be terribly surprised to see Carrington start, and even if he doesn't he should get a fair amount of playng time.

This guy is correct in at least part of what he said about Ed Wang. He probably won't contribute a lot this year, as he still has a lot to learn. His athleticism suggests he has a fair amount of upside, but who knows if that will ever be fulfilled.

In this guy's blurb on Danny Batten, it's apparent he thinks the Bills see Moats as a rush linebacker along with Batten. He must not have read the Bills' own suggestions that they think Moats will play inside.

He also apparently did not readwhat Nix said about Calloway most likely being a candidate to play the interior line. Jamon Meredith, BTW is probably as much a candidate to fight for the left tackle starting position as he is right tackle, and Cornelius Green is the likely starter at RT.

I can appreciate a variety of opinions on the Bills and their draft, but if a guy is going to put his opinion out there on the internet, I can respect it more if he at least does a little homework. This guy seems to have a case of diarhea of the computer and constipation of the brain.
                Last edited by TigerJ; 05-03-2010, 08:48 AM.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Fail!

Comment

• Griff
                    • Jul 2008

The only way this deal makes sense is if they had traded Marshawn Lynch to the Chargers for the 28th pick, taken Tebow at 28, and then taken a left tackle in the 2nd round. However, they didn’t do that.
                    First Tebow was taken at #25, second the Chargers took Ryan Mathews why would they trade for Lynch?

Comment

• stevenlourie
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by Griff
                      First Tebow was taken at #25, second the Chargers took Ryan Mathews why would they trade for Lynch?
                      I did these as the draft was happening. That's why i went back and said they didn't do that.

Comment

• stevenlourie
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by TigerJ
                        So, did the Bills completely forget about Terrence Cody, Cam Thomas, and Linval Joseph when they picked Torrel Troup? No, I didn't think so. So why did they pick Troup? Maybe it was because they analyzed film of all four of them, did their due diligence and decided for their purposes he was the best fit and the best value.

With this argument, we shouldn't able to do critique any thing any team does

And yea, i watch tape.

Comment

• JCBills
                          • Jan 2010

With this argument, we shouldn't able to do critique any thing any team does

And yea, i watch tape.
                          LOL

No, you watch youtube highlights and look at website rankings of players.

And no, you shouldn't be able to critique anything any team does anyways as shown by you several times in your own "offseason report".
                          Last edited by JCBills; 05-02-2010, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

And yea, i watch tape.
                            Watching fan made youtube highlights is not "watching tape".
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• stevenlourie
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by JCBills
                              LOL

No, you watch youtube highlights and look at website rankings of players.

And no, you shouldn't be able to critique anything any team does anyways as shown by you several times in your own "offseason report".
                              I watch games. I read analysis as well (because I can't watch every game)

And I would dispute what you said in that last paragraph but I don't know what your saying. There must have been a typo.

Comment

Working...
                              X