PDA

View Full Version : Any Further Word on Our UDFAs?

Jan Reimers
05-03-2010, 09:09 AM
A total of 15 were previously announced. Ten have reportedly been signed: Antonio Coleman, Dominique Harris, Will Croner, Jorge Guerrera, Joique Bell, Stephan Virgil, John Destin, Naaman Roosevelt, Mike Wright and David Nelson, although only Coleman and Harris are currently listed on the roster.

I have heard nothing at all of the other 5 announced earlier: Sean Allen, Cordaro Howard, Donald Jones, Brett Johnson or Kyle Mutcher (alothough he was mentioned on BB.com).

Anyone heard anything more?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
We will probably sign the rest today or 2mor...

BillsWin
05-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Antonio Coleman is a beast. I'd be surprised if he didn't make the roster.

DraftBoy
05-03-2010, 10:49 AM
A total of 15 were previously announced. Ten have reportedly been signed: Antonio Coleman, Dominique Harris, Will Croner, Jorge Guerrera, Joique Bell, Stephan Virgil, John Destin, Naaman Roosevelt, Mike Wright and David Nelson, although only Coleman and Harris are currently listed on the roster.

I have heard nothing at all of the other 5 announced earlier: Sean Allen, Cordaro Howard, Donald Jones, Brett Johnson or Kyle Mutcher (alothough he was mentioned on BB.com).

Anyone heard anything more?

Allen was a C/G combo player at ECU, really was one of the only stable OL on that team that struggled at times offensively. He was a 2009 Preseason Lombardi Trophy Candidate also a first team All-CUSA by Phil Steele and Sporting News. Not a very good 2nd level blocker and has issues with stunts, he has good size and athleticism though for the position.

Howard is strictly a G guy who struggled a little adapting to Paul Johnson's new triple option system with its different blocking schemes. He was a 2008 2nd Team All-ACC selection, but had issues with consistency and athleticism. He is good at the POA and can drive through his target when asked, but not on a consistent basis.

Jones is a guy with good size and decent speed, spent two years in JUCO before transferring to Youngstown. Was named first team All-MVC in 2009, and set a school record with 77 catches. He has solid hands and uses his body well to shield defenders. He has to work on his route running and must show the ability to gain seperation at this level.

Brett Johnson is a guy Im not very familiar with either, I know he was a two year starter at Cal and has good size at 6'1, 194. He's a sure tackler but not a playmaker. I dont really see much in him to be perfectly honest, more just an extra body.

My thoughts on Kyle Mutcher are in this thread;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=191381

Hope that helps with some of the guys you didn't know much about! :up:

The Spaz
05-03-2010, 10:55 AM
To follow up on S Brett Johnson he was amazing on his pro day running in the 4.3's and a 42.5 inch vertical.

DraftBoy
05-03-2010, 10:57 AM
To follow up on S Brett Johnson he was amazing on his pro day running in the 4.3's and a 42.5 inch vertical.

He did post amazing numbers but he doesnt play that way. In the games of Cal I watched, which was maybe 10-12 over the past two seasons so not a lot, he never stood out to me.

His numbers absolutely shocked me when I got the text about them. Maybe he's a late bloomer?

The Spaz
05-03-2010, 10:59 AM
He did post amazing numbers but he doesnt play that way. In the games of Cal I watched, which was maybe 10-12 over the past two seasons so not a lot, he never stood out to me.

His numbers absolutely shocked me when I got the text about them. Maybe he's a late bloomer?

Yeah who knows. Those numbers are why he mainly got interest leading up to the draft.

Jan Reimers
05-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Allen was a C/G combo player at ECU, really was one of the only stable OL on that team that struggled at times offensively. He was a 2009 Preseason Lombardi Trophy Candidate also a first team All-CUSA by Phil Steele and Sporting News. Not a very good 2nd level blocker and has issues with stunts, he has good size and athleticism though for the position.

Howard is strictly a G guy who struggled a little adapting to Paul Johnson's new triple option system with its different blocking schemes. He was a 2008 2nd Team All-ACC selection, but had issues with consistency and athleticism. He is good at the POA and can drive through his target when asked, but not on a consistent basis.

Jones is a guy with good size and decent speed, spent two years in JUCO before transferring to Youngstown. Was named first team All-MVC in 2009, and set a school record with 77 catches. He has solid hands and uses his body well to shield defenders. He has to work on his route running and must show the ability to gain seperation at this level.

Brett Johnson is a guy Im not very familiar with either, I know he was a two year starter at Cal and has good size at 6'1, 194. He's a sure tackler but not a playmaker. I dont really see much in him to be perfectly honest, more just an extra body.

My thoughts on Kyle Mutcher are in this thread;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=191381

Hope that helps with some of the guys you didn't know much about! :up:
Good stuff, DB. I like 2 or 3 of these guys, at least as developmental players. I just can't find any evidence that they have ACTUALLY signed with us ( although initially they may have AGREED to sign with the Bills).

DraftBoy
05-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Good stuff, DB. I like 2 or 3 of these guys, at least as developmental players. I just can't find any evidence that they have ACTUALLY signed with us ( although initially they may have AGREED to sign with the Bills).

Try these places;

YSU Donald Jones Signs with Bills;
http://www.ysusports.com/football/2010/JonesBuffalo.htm

Weber State C Kyle Mutcher signs with Bills;
http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39328&SPID=3468&temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=204936986

Cal S Brett Johnson has signed;
http://www.calbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/043010aaa.html

Most schools will issue official press releases once the player confirms the deal.

Jan Reimers
05-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Perhaps the Bills are tweaking their roster or something, because they have not announced these three, or Allen or Howard, or assigned numbers to any of them.

DraftBoy
05-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Perhaps the Bills are tweaking their roster or something, because they have not announced these three, or Allen or Howard.

Could just be them being slow, or maybe these guys havent passed their final physicals yet.

Who knows?

YardRat
05-03-2010, 12:08 PM
It's a ruse, to get Denver to panic again and sign players we don't want anyway.

madness
05-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Wow, I thought we had at least a solid draft but I really like what they are doing in the UDFA market. Nix is really getting down to business on building this team from the ground up.

jamze132
05-04-2010, 02:20 AM
I love competition during camp. And IMO, 22 positions are up for grabs.

DraftBoy
05-04-2010, 07:36 AM
I love competition during camp. And IMO, 22 positions are up for grabs.

Agreed, it makes preseason games so much more interesting because you know from the 2nd Q on these guys are giving everything they got to make this roster.

Buddo
05-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Could just be them being slow, or maybe these guys havent passed their final physicals yet.

Who knows?
Probably just the Bills being 'slow'. Don't they have a policy about not announcing anything, until everything has been signed, sealed and delivered?