PDA

View Full Version : Pollock grades the 2008 NFL Draft

Johnny Bugmenot
05-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Greg Fleming, from Savannah, Ga., courtesy of the Times Herald web site, read my assessment of the Bills’ draft and the warning that it was way too soon to make an assessment just days after its completion.

He then sent an e-mail for that perspective on the current draft but suggested it wasn’t too early to look back on the 2008 lottery.

WHAT A great idea.

After two years, it’s reasonable to revisit that draft and get a reasonable feel for its success ...

Olean Times Herald (http://www.oleantimesherald.com/articles/2010/05/02/sports/doc4bdcf9a6b0067431493911.txt)

Something to keep in mind for those who want to place hope in Demetrius Bell as the LT of the future.

trapezeus
05-03-2010, 12:34 PM
with their written assessment, how did they find the strength to rate that a C. To have 1 player be on your team 2 years later from rounds 4 onward, is pathetic.

Those guys were also cut or let go during last year when the team literally had no one. that 2008 class is pathetic. Mckelvin is the only bright spot, if bell turns the corner than i guess C makes sense. But based on a report of bell, he isn't built like most LT. he is extremely fat and pudgy whereas the other guys are huge but lean and muscular. Bell will not be on this team next year.

We have:

1 Leodis - adequate but injured last year.
2. Hardy - below average
3. Ellis - far below average
4. Fine - cut
5. Bowen - cut
6. Omon - traded
7. Bell - praying he's the guy.

Show me another team that has drafted this poorly.

billz83
05-05-2010, 02:25 AM
Ya that was a HORRIBLE draft year...Mckelvin is barely a bright spot he needs to stay healthy and Bell i still dont consider a good player...sum of u have real high hopes for this guy..id rather get a TALENTED LT in free agency right now then let this guy or merideth compete for the starting position..IMO they both suck. Hopefully Mckelvin helps this year and becomes that shutdown corner we drafted him to be.

Buffalogic
05-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Mckelvin is good he's just gotta stay healthy. He showed some great flashes, namely that KC game his rookie season. Then again cornerback has never been a position of weakness for the bills.