PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin and Schouman getting their degrees

TigerJ
05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/McKelvin-Schouman-to-be-graduates/3fc7eec8-5d19-49be-9d30-bb445a9dcf95

This is nice to see. I remember when McKelvin was drafted, there lots of comments about his intelligence when people heard him speak. He clearly was not the most articulate guy in the world. This proves the point I made at the time that the ability to articulate does not always equate to intelligence. There are guys who struggle to speak even though they are not stupid, and there are people who express themselves pretty well who aren't exactly brilliant. At any rate, I'm glad they are getting their degrees and I hope they will be able to put them to good use after football.

Dr. Lecter
05-03-2010, 12:53 PM
McKelvin is not and never has been stupid. For one, he clearly gets nervous when speaking. Secondly, as you already said, some people just don't speak well.

A day or two after he was drafted, he was on 97 Rock doing a phone interview and sounded fine. When he is in front a camera, he did not sound good. I really think much of it was newves.

YardRat
05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I really think much of it was newves.

Hell, some people even struggle with a keyboard...

FlyingDutchman
05-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I live in NC but work with people throughout the deep south. I talk with biz owners every day from GA, TN, KY and Alabama and it took some serious getting used to and adjustment on my part. They speak insanely slowly and can sound stupid at times, but their obviously smart people. Being raised in the northeast my entire life i obviously wasnt used to this. Leodis is from about as deep south Georgia as it gets, so hes not going to sound like hes from white suburbia New York like most of us, doesnt mean he doesnt have a brain

DraftBoy
05-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I live in NC but work with people throughout the deep south. I talk with biz owners every day from GA, TN, KY and Alabama and it took some serious getting used to and adjustment on my part. They speak insanely slowly and can sound stupid at times, but their obviously smart people. Being raised in the northeast my intire life i obviously wasnt used to this. Leodis is from about as deep south Georgia as it gets, so hes not going to sound like hes from white suburbia New York like most of us, doesnt mean he doesnt have a brain

Glad to see the South is taking a hold of you. :up:

FlyingDutchman
05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
haha oops...monday bro

DraftBoy
05-03-2010, 05:47 PM
haha oops...monday bro

No problem just bustin your balls.

For the record Im very happy for both players! Good for them!

John Doe
05-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I hope he doesn't fumble the diploma when its handed to him.

jamze132
05-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Yeah, suprisingly there are a bunch of ghetto mofo's and rednecks who are smart as ****!

BertSquirtgum
05-04-2010, 02:22 AM
i hope he took a public speaking class.