Would you be interested in a play for Matt Moore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Would you be interested in a play for Matt Moore?

I doubt this situation would come to pass, but what if Clausen just wows Carolina and wins the job out right and early on in the off season. Pike also shows promise as a backup and Edwards isn't impressing the coaches here. Carolina, not wanting a QB conflict, could (and this is a big maybe) put Moore on the block. (most likely they would want to keep him in case Clausen doesn't work out his rookie season)

Could you live with us sending maybe a second or third round pick and Edwards (to be a back up in Carolina) to the Panthers for Moore?

Moore has been in the league for a few years, and showed a lot of promise last season.

He is 6-2 as a starter (including 3 starts in 2007) in Carolina and completed 85 of 138 passes last year (61.6%) for 1,053 yards, eight touchdowns and just two interceptions. That was in just seven games and only five starts. Let's say those numbers came from just the five games.

Multiply the numbers by three (15 games is roughly a season) and Moore would have had 3,159 yards 24 touchdowns and just 6 interceptions.

There are a lot of factors involving QB performance and most likely, Moore's numbers would not have been exactly the ones calculated. But, he could have been pretty successful in a full season if he played at the level he did in those five starts.

I got this crazy notion from espn. The blogger for the Panther's division said something to the effect of, "Moore said all the right things about Clausen, but you could tell he wasn't happy."

Maybe Moore tries demanding a trade?

I for one would love Moore on this roster this season. I don't see any better options currently on the depth chart.

The only things Edwards has proven is inconsistency. Brohm is an enigma, stolen off a practice squad. Fitzpatrick will never be anything more than a career backup. Brown is a seventh round rookie.

What would you guys say to this? And is there any chance of it happening?
    I am The Batman.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Would you be interested in a play for Matt Moore?

No thanks, he's the same kind of a guy as Brohm.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

There's a reason the Panthers drafted not one but two QBs...

Matt Moore isn't good enough.

No thanks to other teams rubbish.

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        No thanks, he's the same kind of a guy as Brohm.
        At least Moore has proven he can step in at this level, score points, and win.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• Akhippo
          • Nov 2002

Why should Moore be upset. Ifs hes better he gets the job. Clausen isnt breaking the bank at all.

I would rather see what we can do with our group. If it bombs, then we have a chance at what looks like a very good QB class next year.
          Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
            At least Moore has proven he can step in at this level, score points, and win.
            Consistently?
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Consistently?
              6-2 as a starter with Carolina.

4-1 last year. Has Brohm shown anything?

Just saying, when given play time, Moore has delivered a solid, nearly mistake free, football game. At least last year he did in his five starts.

I don't think Moore is all world. I just think that Edwards and Fitz are garbage, Brohm and Brown are unproven and we need a QB.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

6-2 as a starter with Carolina.

4-1 last year. Has Brohm shown anything?

Just saying, when given play time, Moore has delivered a solid, nearly mistake free, football game. At least last year he did in his five starts.

I don't think Moore is all world. I just think that Edwards and Fitz are garbage, Brohm and Brown are unproven and we need a QB.
                8 games...11 TD's, and 7 INT's.

Even his W/L is misleading considering he played only two teams still in the hunt (Giants and Pats) and was 1-1 in those games.

So no I dont think he has shown that he can win consistently considering whose he's played against.

There is saying that goes;
                "Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't"
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

People need to relax and let Brohm have his shot...I think we might be surprised. People tend to forget that Chan Gailey is a very good OC and he will be calling/running the offensive. Gailey turned Tyler Thigpen into a decent QB in one year...I think he can get something out of Brohm

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

No thanks, I want Brohm as the starter at this point since we don't have a youngster with better upside yet.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

I wouldn't mind Brohm getting a year. I just hope he either tears it up or completely bombs. None of this average play, get us to seven wins and knock us out of contention for a franchise QB CRAP!

I am The Batman.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I wouldn't mind Brohm getting a year. I just hope he either tears it up or completely bombs. None of this average play, get us to seven wins and knock us out of contention for a franchise QB CRAP!

The W/L record in the end will tell you very very very little about how the QB did.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Barring injury, our QB squad is set for this season, and I'm OK with that.

LT, on the other hand...
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

I am hoping that Brohm can show enough in camp to get the nod, but I think Gailey is going to let Fitzdouchetrick have first jab. Then Edwards. After the bye, we may see Brohm or even Brown for the remainder of the year.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                              • Feb 2006

Is the point of the NFL to amass as many backup qbs as possible? If that was the case the bills would be a dynasty.

Comment

Working...
                              X