• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Bettman: No big cap changes expected for 2010-11

"I think we're going to be flat or maybe up a tad," Bettman said. "Our revenues, and again it is premature, we're either going to be flat or up or down a little bit. We have to factor in the Canadian dollar. Last year, in local currency, we were up 5 percent. But because the Canadian dollar went down by about 12 or 13 cents, that kind of sheltered the growth.

"This year, I think local revenues are going to be flat, or up or down a little bit, and the Canadian dollar's up. I always see these projections that we're going to be down 20 percent because of the economy -- not true. We'll probably be up a little bit or flat. I don't think it will be down."
    Commissioner Gary Bettman said during a press conference that he doesn't expect the NHL salary cap to change all that much next season.
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 05-03-2010, 09:57 PM.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bettman: No big cap changes expected for 2010-11

Quinn and Reiger now have their ex use to maintain the status quo.

Yay.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Quinn and Reiger now have their ex use to maintain the status quo.

Yay.
      They should have plenty of cap room with the expiring contracts coming up, not that it means anything.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jan 2004

there's a rumor going around that the Sabres are going after Jerome Inginla this summer.

Its time to make a trade to bring in a bonafide leader of men. its time for Darcy Regier to call Calgary and to make a deal for Jarome Iginla. Iginla is EXACTLY the player thaat Buffalo are in desperate need of. He's led him Calgary Flames to war for the better part of a decade. He's won Olympic Gold. He's a fearless warrior who is the ideal blend of skill and rage. He hold his teammates accountable on and off the ice. The guy will infuse leadership, credibility, professionalism, confidence, and productivity into a buffalo lineup that is in need of such idiosynchrasies.

Iginla is presently going into year three of a five year, $35 million contract extension. Seven large per season surely is not a paltry sum, however, its money well invested because it secures an asset that will make the team better the minute the player pulls on a blue and gold sweater. people that I speak with on a regulatr basis tell me that Iginla is not happy in Calgary. He's been through several coaching changes in the past five seasons. Each and every coach thats come in has been a difficult task master who challenges his players. Sutter, Keenan, Playfair havee been staunch proponents of the "my way or the highway", scorched earth approach, and it appears that perhaps Iginla is ready for a change. His production has fallen off in recent seasons, and many observers feel that its not from his lack of trying. Most feel that Iginla's offensive numbers have decreased because he's beingasked to play a more defensive style than he's accusstomed to.

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

Us going after Iginla? That is the funniest thing I have heard all day.

But what do you expect from Hockey Lies and Crap.
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'd love to get Iginla. Crosby and Ovechkin too. And Nabakov to sit on the bench in case Miller gets hurt.

It'll be just like NHL '95 on Genesis, when I used to trade Gretsky, Federov, Primeau, Lindros, Borque, Patrick Roy, and Mario Lemieux to the Sabres for third- and fourth-liners, only with up-to-date rosters!
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Getting another winger on a team filled with them makes no sense. the team needs to get better up the middle not smaller and slightly better on the wing.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                Getting another winger on a team filled with them makes no sense. the team needs to get better up the middle not smaller and slightly better on the wing.
                Are you talking about Iginla? The guy is 6'1 209. None of the wingers on our current team are close to that big. Most of our centers aren't even that big.

Not that it matters- we won't be getting anyway.
                Last edited by OpIv37; 05-04-2010, 03:06 PM.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

Are you talking about Iginla? The guy is 6'1 209. None of the wingers on our current team are close to that big. Most of our centers aren't even that big.

Vanek is 6'2 207....
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak

Vanek is 6'2 207....
                    Really?

He plays like he's 5'6" 155.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

Plus Iginla has it where in matters...in the jock strap...I'm talking about the balls, not the saugage by the way.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                        there's a rumor going around that the Sabres are going after Jerome Inginla this summer.

Its time to make a trade to bring in a bonafide leader of men. its time for Darcy Regier to call Calgary and to make a deal for Jarome Iginla. Iginla is EXACTLY the player thaat Buffalo are in desperate need of. He's led him Calgary Flames to war for the better part of a decade. He's won Olympic Gold. He's a fearless warrior who is the ideal blend of skill and rage. He hold his teammates accountable on and off the ice. The guy will infuse leadership, credibility, professionalism, confidence, and productivity into a buffalo lineup that is in need of such idiosynchrasies.

Iginla is presently going into year three of a five year, $35 million contract extension. Seven large per season surely is not a paltry sum, however, its money well invested because it secures an asset that will make the team better the minute the player pulls on a blue and gold sweater. people that I speak with on a regulatr basis tell me that Iginla is not happy in Calgary. He's been through several coaching changes in the past five seasons. Each and every coach thats come in has been a difficult task master who challenges his players. Sutter, Keenan, Playfair havee been staunch proponents of the "my way or the highway", scorched earth approach, and it appears that perhaps Iginla is ready for a change. His production has fallen off in recent seasons, and many observers feel that its not from his lack of trying. Most feel that Iginla's offensive numbers have decreased because he's beingasked to play a more defensive style than he's accusstomed to.
                        http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=6
                        You should be banned just for posting from Elklund plus this is no rumor. Just speculation by this guy. Just because you post something on the internet doesn't make it a rumor.

Comment

Working...
                        X