PDA

View Full Version : Brohm

tat2dmike77
05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
When BB was a Junior he was projected to be a top 10 pick coming out of Lousville. But he stayed for his senior year and got injured and now is considered by most a scrub. So i was wondering at what point did he suck?

I'm not saying he is going to be the answer but i remember alot people on here wanted him when he was a junior. But now it's like meh he is just camp fodder.

Just wondering.

DraftBoy
05-06-2010, 10:59 AM
The coaching change hurt him.

Petrino runs a very simple spread system, but Kragthorpe's version is more complicated. He wasn't well prepared for the switch.

tat2dmike77
05-06-2010, 11:02 AM

Petrino runs a very simple spread system, but Kragthorpe's version is more complicated. He wasn't well prepared for the switch.

So nothing that he can't improve on.

Thanks DB!

RockStar36
05-06-2010, 11:19 AM
He was also drafted ahead of Henne in the same draft, although he obviously didn't pan out the same way as Henne.

Regardless, he is probably the greatest unknown for the Bills right now seeing that everyone knows what Edwards and Fitz bring to the table.

Ingtar33
05-06-2010, 11:21 AM
When BB was a Junior he was projected to be a top 10 pick coming out of Lousville. But he stayed for his senior year and got injured and now is considered by most a scrub. So i was wondering at what point did he suck?

I'm not saying he is going to be the answer but i remember alot people on here wanted him when he was a junior. But now it's like meh he is just camp fodder.

Just wondering.

a couple of things...

1) the offense got more complicated...
2) the defense, o-line and talent around him got MUCH worse... when Petrino was there he wasn't asked to win games night after night. after he left and all those pieces graduated or got drafted with him, he was basically all Louisville had left. If the team was going to win it needed 400 yards and 4 tds form him pretty much every game.

i still thought he was a top 10 pick after his senior season, because his numbers got better (by a lot) across the board (except for INTs and the slight drop his completion percentage)... however i heard he worked out poorly, which caused him to fall straight into round 2.

I don't know how true that is, but there it is.

djjimkelly
05-06-2010, 11:23 AM
all bills fans should be hoping brohm lives up to his potential.

because it would be nice to not have qb as a major need here anymore

DraftBoy
05-06-2010, 11:23 AM
He was also drafted ahead of Henne in the same draft, although he obviously didn't pan out the same way as Henne.

Regardless, he is probably the greatest unknown for the Bills right now seeing that everyone knows what Edwards and Fitz bring to the table.

Ugly and Uglier

methos4ever
05-06-2010, 11:28 AM
And don't forget the brain freeze he had @ GB once he got into the competition for backup. Losing out to Flynn definitely wasn't a star on ye olde resume...

Bulldog
05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
When all is said and done, I think Brohm will be the starter opening day. I watched Brohm play a lot at Louisville and have no doubt in my mind that he can play at this level.

trapezeus
05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
that would be ideal to get brohm to be the guy so that next year we don't need to add QB. imagine if we could pick a top LB or DE or WR.

If they have their QB on the roster right now...that expediates the rebuild by a year.

tat2dmike77
05-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Makes sense. I'm hoping he is the guy as well hell i have been hoping for a guy since Kelly retired 14 years of this crap is enough.

justasportsfan
05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
So everything got too complicated for him that a 7th round pick beat him out for the back up job?

DraftBoy
05-06-2010, 11:56 AM
So everything got too complicated for him that a 7th round pick beat him out for the back up job?

For a QB if your head isnt on straight nothing else is going to work right. Its not a huge surprise given his sturggles as a senior that he struggled in workouts, feel to Round 2 and struggled with Green Bay. QB is the most mentally taxing position on the field and you have to be 100% up top to make it all work together.

Don't Panic
05-06-2010, 12:01 PM
that would be ideal to get brohm to be the guy so that next year we don't need to add QB. imagine if we could pick a top LB or DE or WR.

If they have their QB on the roster right now...that expediates the rebuild by a year.

Amen. I'm just not sure he'll be ready to do much in terms of numbers and efficiency this year. If he does win the job, all I ask is that he get's comfortable being a starter and shows progression as the season grinds on.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2010, 12:14 PM
If Brohm was able to be an answer at QB I would be ELATED!!!

Philagape
05-06-2010, 12:37 PM

Or a left tackle

TigerJ
05-06-2010, 12:41 PM
He is a lot more than camp fodder to be sure.

Pinkerton Security
05-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Makes sense. I'm hoping he is the guy as well hell i have been hoping for a guy since Kelly retired 14 years of this crap is enough.

I know this may be a bit of blasphemy but I read a scouting report that referred to him a QB in the Jim Kelly mold...

justasportsfan
05-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I know this may be a bit of blasphemy but I read a scouting report that referred to him a QB in the Jim Kelly mold...

other than Brohm being shorter ..

http://www.falloutcentral.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/black-belt-jones.jpg

Ingtar33
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM

yeah.. he looked a lot like jimbo throwing the ball.. i probably made the comparison as well once or twice.

soapman
05-06-2010, 02:53 PM

Just wondering.

Whenever he touche a ball with :NFL" inscribed on the leather. He didn't make to the practice squad by lighting it up in Green Bay.

Night Train
05-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Edwards is playing scared from too many hits and doesn't sense the blindside pressure. He will not progress through any reads and is locking on to his primary. He could stick as a backup this year since his contract is cheap.

Fitz is wildly inconsistent and vastly overpaid at 2.9 Mil. He will throw a nice ball and follow it up with 7 wounded ducks.

Yes, it HAS come down to rooting for the unknown in Brohm or even Brown. Still, the reality is this recent QB draft class was so bad that it left us little options.

billz83
05-06-2010, 03:04 PM
i dunno about Brohm...i still think he sucks and we should have gotten a REAL NFL QB sumthing the bills are just NOT interested in..they rather get backups and backups to backups and practice squad players and HOPE and PRAY they become as talented as they SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUT OF COLLEGE!..of course the NFL is going to be hard on QBz and all that crap but the point is they need to STEP UP and deal with it if they cant they are worthless to an NFL team..Brohm i dont think is going to be the answer..bills fans are way tooo hopeful for crap to turn into gold..

justasportsfan
05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
we should have gotten a REAL NFL QB sumthing the bills are just NOT interested in....
who did you have in mind?

X-Era
05-06-2010, 03:58 PM

Just wondering.

I don't see him as camp fodder, I think hes the guy they should try to mold. Trent has virtually no upside, and Fitz has zero upside. Were in rebuilding mold, why not.

Commissioner
05-06-2010, 05:08 PM

Just wondering.

Ryan Fitzpatrick said simply, "Hes the worst QB ever".... didn't elaborate beyond that.

BertSquirtgum
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick said simply, "Hes the worst QB ever".... didn't elaborate beyond that.

you keep spouting this bull****. why? ryan fitzpatrick doesn't have a leg to stand on. i don't give a **** what ryan fitzpatrick said. ryan fitzpatrick should take a look in the mirror. he ****ing blows. if i wanted to see ducks all day i would go duck hunting.

Commissioner
05-06-2010, 05:12 PM
you keep spouting this bull****. why? ryan fitzpatrick doesn't have a leg to stand on. i don't give a **** what ryan fitzpatrick said. ryan fitzpatrick should take a look in the mirror. he ****ing blows. if i wanted to see ducks all day i would go duck hunting.
Ok .. didn't mean to personally offend you Brian, but Ritzpatrick might know something since he sees him practice.

and I also think Fitzpatrick sucks. If any of the QB's has the most potential it's probably Edwards... if he can get any confidence.

X-Era
05-06-2010, 05:22 PM

Where and when did he say this?

Commissioner
05-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Where and when did he say this?

Last year at the Sabres game.

I said nice teammate...

I was asking about Van Pelt as OC... and he said you mean our QB coach sarcastically.

Then someone made a comment about Brohm, and that's when he made his comment.

Him and Trent are good friends so he never says anything negative about Trent, he did say the team loves Trent.

X-Era
05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Last year at the Sabres game.

I said nice teammate...

I was asking about Van Pelt as OC... and he said you mean our QB coach sarcastically.

Then someone made a comment about Brohm, and that's when he made his comment.

Him and Trent are good friends so he never says anything negative about Trent, he did say the team loves Trent.

I will take that for whats its worth which is almost nothing.

Commissioner
05-06-2010, 05:46 PM
I will take that for whats its worth which is almost nothing.

I'm just saying... I wouldn't get my hopes up with Brohm.

Bills fans are just clinging to an unknown... who i have reason to believe is crap.

X-Era
05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm just saying... I wouldn't get my hopes up with Brohm.

Bills fans are just clinging to an unknown... who i have reason to believe is crap.

I can understand that. You're entitled to be hopeful about anyone you choose.

I, however, am hopeful that he can become a quality starting QB in the NFL.

BertSquirtgum
05-06-2010, 06:14 PM
fitzy should keep his mouth shut because he is an embarrassment, IMO.

BertSquirtgum
05-06-2010, 06:16 PM

losers love to hang with losers. this is no surpise to me.

by no means am i saying brohm is going to be OUR guy but fitzy should just stick to learning to throw an accurate pass consistantly to the receivers. instead of blabbering his big mouth at a hockey game.

JCBills
05-06-2010, 08:58 PM

I think the change hurt the team more than just him, but when things go downhill everyone looks at the QB. His numbers improved from his junior year in almost every category, but because their D was giving up 50 pts to middle of the pack teams, Brohm was put in a position where he had to try to do things on his own, force plays, etc, and that's where more weaknesses were exposed. I think he wants the job though, and that drive, passion, and love for the game could get him over some of the mental speedbumps he's hit in the past. I bet he wins the job.

jamze132
05-07-2010, 02:56 AM
There is no room on this team IMO for Fitzdouchetrick. He has no upside. Edwards has been ****ed with his whole career by Dick, Brohm was highly touted coming out, and Gailey just drafted Brown for developmental reasons.

But I am afraid that Fitz is going to show just enough to beat out the other ******ed kids at the QB position and will be handed a roster spot. I think this is a bad idea for a rebuilding team. Let Trent start and Brohm back him up. Fire Fitzdouchetrick.

Jan Reimers
05-07-2010, 06:54 AM
fitzy should keep his mouth shut because he is an embarrassment, IMO.
I agree. If he actually said that in public about a teammate, he has no class.