Brohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tat2dmike77
    Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
    • Dec 2005

Brohm

When BB was a Junior he was projected to be a top 10 pick coming out of Lousville. But he stayed for his senior year and got injured and now is considered by most a scrub. So i was wondering at what point did he suck?

I'm not saying he is going to be the answer but i remember alot people on here wanted him when he was a junior. But now it's like meh he is just camp fodder.

Just wondering.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Brohm

The coaching change hurt him.

Petrino runs a very simple spread system, but Kragthorpe's version is more complicated. He wasn't well prepared for the switch.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• tat2dmike77
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      The coaching change hurt him.

Petrino runs a very simple spread system, but Kragthorpe's version is more complicated. He wasn't well prepared for the switch.
      So nothing that he can't improve on.

Thanks DB!

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

He was also drafted ahead of Henne in the same draft, although he obviously didn't pan out the same way as Henne.

Regardless, he is probably the greatest unknown for the Bills right now seeing that everyone knows what Edwards and Fitz bring to the table.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
          When BB was a Junior he was projected to be a top 10 pick coming out of Lousville. But he stayed for his senior year and got injured and now is considered by most a scrub. So i was wondering at what point did he suck?

I'm not saying he is going to be the answer but i remember alot people on here wanted him when he was a junior. But now it's like meh he is just camp fodder.

Just wondering.
          a couple of things...

1) the offense got more complicated...
          2) the defense, o-line and talent around him got MUCH worse... when Petrino was there he wasn't asked to win games night after night. after he left and all those pieces graduated or got drafted with him, he was basically all Louisville had left. If the team was going to win it needed 400 yards and 4 tds form him pretty much every game.

i still thought he was a top 10 pick after his senior season, because his numbers got better (by a lot) across the board (except for INTs and the slight drop his completion percentage)... however i heard he worked out poorly, which caused him to fall straight into round 2.

I don't know how true that is, but there it is.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

all bills fans should be hoping brohm lives up to his potential.

because it would be nice to not have qb as a major need here anymore

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
              He was also drafted ahead of Henne in the same draft, although he obviously didn't pan out the same way as Henne.

Regardless, he is probably the greatest unknown for the Bills right now seeing that everyone knows what Edwards and Fitz bring to the table.
              Ugly and Uglier
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• methos4ever
                • Apr 2004

And don't forget the brain freeze he had @ GB once he got into the competition for backup. Losing out to Flynn definitely wasn't a star on ye olde resume...

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

When all is said and done, I think Brohm will be the starter opening day. I watched Brohm play a lot at Louisville and have no doubt in my mind that he can play at this level.
                  I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

that would be ideal to get brohm to be the guy so that next year we don't need to add QB. imagine if we could pick a top LB or DE or WR.

If they have their QB on the roster right now...that expediates the rebuild by a year.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                      • Dec 2005

Makes sense. I'm hoping he is the guy as well hell i have been hoping for a guy since Kelly retired 14 years of this crap is enough.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

So everything got too complicated for him that a 7th round pick beat him out for the back up job?
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          So everything got too complicated for him that a 7th round pick beat him out for the back up job?
                          For a QB if your head isnt on straight nothing else is going to work right. Its not a huge surprise given his sturggles as a senior that he struggled in workouts, feel to Round 2 and struggled with Green Bay. QB is the most mentally taxing position on the field and you have to be 100% up top to make it all work together.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            that would be ideal to get brohm to be the guy so that next year we don't need to add QB. imagine if we could pick a top LB or DE or WR.

If they have their QB on the roster right now...that expediates the rebuild by a year.
                            Amen. I'm just not sure he'll be ready to do much in terms of numbers and efficiency this year. If he does win the job, all I ask is that he get's comfortable being a starter and shows progression as the season grinds on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

If Brohm was able to be an answer at QB I would be ELATED!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X