PDA

View Full Version : A prediction on our QB situation

X-Era
05-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Heres my prediction on what may happen with our QB situation:

1) Trent Edwards- still is young and can still be developed. Has the upside that a new coach, with a new scheme, and a track record of developing quarterbacks may look for. Trent, like Brohm, has to seize the opportunity. Unlike Brohm, Trent has to show he still can be molded and prove to Chan that he can becomes Chan's guy. If he sticks to his same old play, same old tendencies, Chan may keep him only as a backup. Trent makes the final roster, IMO. But, It may not be as a starter.

2) Brian Brohm- Raw, unproven guy who again has upside. He was a 2nd round pick, and has had little chance to show the Bills what he can do on the field. A team with no real starter will give a guy like that a full look. If he can manage to seize the opportunity and show he can play in this league, the Bills may just go with the youth movement and start him. Preseason games and training camp will be his audition. They can keep either Trent or Fitz as a veteran backup if Brohm faulters. On a rebuilding team, there's no reason to cut a young guy with upside and a chance to become good.

3) Levi Brown- Like Brohm, he is a raw prospect. Unlike Brohm, he, at this point, has had no experience in the NFL. He was drafted by the Bills and they will keep him. He will make the final roster. I don't see him getting the reigns early, but if our play on the field is crappy, and if all our other options seem to be guys that can never be the starter, the Bills may turn to him late in the year.

4) Ryan Fitzpatrick- Ryan is likely to be cut. He has no upside, has shown he cant handle starting duties, and on a rebuilding team with no real shot at the playoffs, it makes little sense to keep him. Especially when you have a much younger vet in Trent Edwards who is no worse than Fitz. I really think Ryan will be cut. The bigger question is when. I could see Chan and Buddy realizing half way through training camp that they arent in a very strong situation at QB and making another move. They could trade for, or sign another vet and release Fitz during or even before training camp.

5) Unknown QB- I think there is still a real chance that we trade for or sign a quarterback and release Trent or Fitz... I think it will be Fitz. Who? I have no idea. Guys like Bulger, Culpepper, or Vick come to mind. It could even be someone that's a surprise... maybe someone like Matt Leinhart, or Brady Quinn... each has competition (Anderson, and Skelton, Quinn has Orton and Tebow). I see this as a real possibility.

In the end I could see our depth chart looking like this at quarterback:

1) Brohm
2) Edwards
3) Brown

Night Train
05-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Not a bad guess at all.

Edwards needs to petition the NFL for a medical waiver, then just bomb himself with Xanax prior to eack kickoff. He's a poster child for anxiety and panic disorder.

Ever since that hit against the Cardinals in 2008, he's been ruined. I have little to no confidence in his future and would love to be wrong.. but I also dislike how I caught him throwing coaches and teammates under the bus last year, when some of his poor throws/ INT's were all him not reading the coverage while under little to no pressure.

justasportsfan
05-07-2010, 08:01 AM
I think Trent starts and Fitz is cut.

better days
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM
I pretty much agree with you, but even if Trent were to win the starting job, he would have to prove he can stay healthy.

Ron Burgundy
05-07-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm not sold on Fitzpatrick being cut, although it certainly could happen. His big thing is that he's a smart dude and is a decent backup and sounding board. If he isn't the number 2, though, I'd imagine he's a goner.

A lot of it will have to do with how Edwards and Brohm look during the season. Gotta give everybody their shot.

If I had to guess, I'd think either Fitz or Brohm gets cut, and Brown's the 3. If Brohm surprises, then Brown is probably bound for the practice squad.

Most likely:
Edwards: starts
Fitzy: number 2
Brown: number 3
Brohm: odd man out

The King
05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Here's my prediction... it wont be good.

trapezeus
05-07-2010, 10:56 AM
my two cents on the subject:

1. if brohm wins the job, then we have a shot.
2. if edwards gets it, brohm will be a perenial backup. Edwards will get injured during the year. regardless of how he plays, he'll prove he can't last a full season with or without a line.
3. Fitz is cut....too expensive
4. Brown, barring a major miracle, will be a PS with aspirations to move up based on how good/bad brohm is. He'll be the number 2 guy the following year after edwards contract is up and the bills part way with him. Then you have the #1 draft pick next year, brohm and brown. If brohm is mediocre, he'll find himself cut and brown will be promoted to backup.

feldspar
05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I also think that Fitzpartrick will be cut. I happen to think that Edwards is a better option, and Fitzy has a lot bigger of a contract. We'll keep Fitz only if the staff doesn't like what they see in Brohm at all, and that probably won't be the case. They know Brown is a developmental guy, so I expect we won't expect that much from him anytime soon and they'll be less harsh with their criticisms.

We'll go into the season with Edwards, Brohm, and Brown...that's my prediction. I think that Edwards will probably start even if that does piss a lot of people off.

mybils
05-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Brohm starts
Trent #2
Brown #3
Fitz cut

NOT THE DUDE...
05-07-2010, 11:30 AM
i agree with this mostly, the key thing is having brohm or edwards turn the corner....

BertSquirtgum
05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I also think that Fitzpartrick will be cut. I happen to think that Edwards is a better option, and Fitzy has a lot bigger of a contract. We'll keep Fitz only if the staff doesn't like what they see in Brohm at all, and that probably won't be the case. They know Brown is a developmental guy, so I expect we won't expect that much from him anytime soon and they'll be less harsh with their criticisms.

We'll go into the season with Edwards, Brohm, and Brown...that's my prediction. I think that Edwards will probably start even if that does piss a lot of people off.

i concur

BillsWin
05-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I agree, and I have this feeling that Brohm beats out Edwards. Just a hunch, and beating out Captain Checkdown for a spot on the depth chart really isn't saying much.

X-Era
05-07-2010, 01:04 PM
I agree, and I have this feeling that Brohm beats out Edwards. Just a hunch, and beating out Captain Checkdown for a spot on the depth chart really isn't saying much.

If for no other reason than they are in full blown rebuild mode and know what they have in Edwards. At that point, why not see what you have in Brohm? From their strand point, they may end up feeling like Brohm has a higher upside if they think Trent is not going to get much better. Its a question of who could become better, and Brohm may win that battle only because they may not know what they have and may want to find out.

TacklingDummy
05-07-2010, 02:10 PM
My bold prediction.

They all suck.

X-Era
05-07-2010, 02:23 PM
My bold prediction.

They all suck.

Thats not very bold.

bflojohn
05-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Frankly, any time a franchise has an open competition for the starting QB position, it's generally NOT too good. However, the potential of Brohm and Brown changes the equation slightly because you may have something lurking under the surface. Hope springs eternal!!! The whole matter is nothing but a HUGE question mark?!?!

X-Era
05-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Frankly, any time a franchise has an open competition for the starting QB position, it's generally NOT too good. However, the potential of Brohm and Brown changes the equation slightly because you may have something lurking under the surface. Hope springs eternal!!! The whole matter is nothing but a HUGE question mark?!?!

Its simply a year long tryout to see if we need to go all in next off season for a franchise QB...

I hope.

bflojohn
05-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I know that it is a year long quest to see IF "the guy" is here already. Personally, I hope he is and we can devote the 2011 draft picks to other pressing matters like a pass rush, stopping the run, finding a bonified #1 reciever and so forth!!!!

billz83
05-07-2010, 04:43 PM
my prediction is all our QBz will be GARBAGE like last year and we will continue to release players a year or 2 LATE..like always..Edwards confidence and mentality are SHOT he is no longer that QB that impressed fans..Fitz nothing to say he just sucks..and Brohm is nothing more then a backup..we SHOULD HAVE gotten a real NFL QB..

Johnny Bugmenot
05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
my prediction is all our QBz will be GARBAGE like last year and we will continue to release players a year or 2 LATE..like always..Edwards confidence and mentality are SHOT he is no longer that QB that impressed fans..Fitz nothing to say he just sucks..and Brohm is nothing more then a backup..we SHOULD HAVE gotten a real NFL QB..
And just how do you expect to do that? And who do you have in mind? The people out there that are available are available for a reason, and I'm sorry, but Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are under what effectively are lifetime contracts and will never be available.

tampabay25690
05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Edwards STARTS
Brohm
Brown

Fitz gets cut or traded.....
I think he doesnt fit in the plans for the Bills at all......

Prov401
05-08-2010, 01:51 AM
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind Brohm or Edwards will be the starter.

I, for one am off the Edwards train. I'm hoping Brohm shows up, and proves to be a literal steal.

jamze132
05-08-2010, 05:41 AM
My prediction, and this one is actually the way its going down. I have a rich friend who knows a guy.

Brown is the 3rd QB.

Edwards is the starter.

Its between Fitzdouchetrick and Brohm for the backup roll. Now by readin this you would think that Brohm has no chance against the vet, but what upside does Fitz bring to the table? Is he the QB of the future? No. Nix and Gailey know that we aren't doing **** this year so there is no reason in keeping a crappy vet QB on the roster when the other guys have youth and upside.

Fitzdouchetrick is not on the 53 man team. Take it to the bank.

Historian
05-08-2010, 05:59 AM
I like your first post, X.

I think TE is the starter going into camp simply beause he has some experience.

I think they will give Brohm every chance to beat him out for the job. It won't happen.

What'll happen, is Edwards will get knocked out of a game early in the season, and then it will essentially be Brohm's team. They'll IR Edwards, and eventually do an injury settlement with him.

Fitz is out and Levi backs up.

X-Era
05-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I like your first post, X.

I think TE is the starter going into camp simply beause he has some experience.

I think they will give Brohm every chance to beat him out for the job. It won't happen.

What'll happen, is Edwards will get knocked out of a game early in the season, and then it will essentially be Brohm's team. They'll IR Edwards, and eventually do an injury settlement with him.

Fitz is out and Levi backs up.
Thinking about it more this morning, I had another thought. Maybe the Bills intend to build the team first so that they don't throw a rookie into a tough situation. Then the QB can grow without pressure to do it all which could backfire and kill the youngsters career. Many of us thought the new coach, on the usual 3 year leash would want to add his guy at QB right away to hopefully show the fruits of his labor by year 3. However, maybe we have this plan to build the team into a solid group first.

That approach has had some merit with teams like Rivers in SD, Flacco in Bal, and Sanchez in NY. And the flip side has also been true where young QB's go to bad teams and never develop. Russell in Oak, Alex Smith in SF to name a few.

My approach would have been different only because I think it takes several years to develop a QB on the field. I'm impatient and want that process to start now.

But, looking at it from this different perspective, maybe its lessens the risk to build a solid team first so as to ease the growing pains and give the rookie or young guy a better chance to get wins and have success.

Albany,n.y.
05-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Anyone who seriously thinks that Ryan Fitzpatrick won't be on the team is clueless. Fitzpatrick is the only QB on the roster who has shown any ability to be the #2 QB on an NFL team. The way rosters are put together, there's no way the team is going into the season with an unproven backup. This team will not enter the season with both Brohm & Brown on the roster unless Brohm is the starter. If Brohm is the starter, it will mean Edwards is off the team, not Fitzpatrick. The only possible Depth Chart scenarios are as follows & every one includes Fitzpatrick:

Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm or Brown
if Edwards is the starter, Fitz is definitely 2nd string-especially with Edwards' injury history. If Brohm can't win the starting job, he's in a battle for 3rd string with Brown

Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Brohm or Brown
if Fitzpatrick is the starter, he isn't off the team.

Brohm, Fitzpatrick, Brown
If Brohm is the starter, they are not going to rely on injury prone Trent Edwards as a backup over the more durable Fitzpatrick.

More reasons Fitzpatrick is 2nd stringer at worst among the QBs on the roster: Fitzpatrick was the QB for the majority of the game in 5 of the team's 6 wins last year. He's also the only QB (with the possible exception of Brown when he signs) who is under contract beyond 2010.
He may not look pretty on the field to some of you, which is clouding your judgement, but there's no way, barring injury, that Fitzpatrick is not on the roster next September. I repeat, anyone who thinks otherwise has no clue how a roster and QB depth chart is put together.

PromoTheRobot
05-08-2010, 12:57 PM
#1 - Brohm
#2 - Fitz
#3 - Brown
cut - Edwards

PTR

better days
05-08-2010, 02:03 PM
My prediction, and this one is actually the way its going down. I have a rich friend who knows a guy.

Brown is the 3rd QB.

Edwards is the starter.

Its between Fitzdouchetrick and Brohm for the backup roll. Now by readin this you would think that Brohm has no chance against the vet, but what upside does Fitz bring to the table? Is he the QB of the future? No. Nix and Gailey know that we aren't doing **** this year so there is no reason in keeping a crappy vet QB on the roster when the other guys have youth and upside.

Fitzdouchetrick is not on the 53 man team. Take it to the bank.

I agree, unless Fitz somehow wins the starting job. He would be the highest paid QB if on the roster, no point in that unless he is the starter.

Albany,n.y.
05-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I agree, unless Fitz somehow wins the starting job. He would be the highest paid QB if on the roster, no point in that unless he is the starter.
Another clueless "Ralph is too cheap to keep ..." response. Really, that's all the people who think Fitz is gone have-an imaginary boogie man in Ralph's wallet.
Here's the deal-Ralph is not nearly as cheap as you think. Also, Fitz won't be the highest paid QB NEXT year, when his job will be to mentor a hot-shot rookie-something that Edwards, Brohm & Brown are unqualified to do. Fitzpatrick is the best QB insurance policy this team has. Who else on the roster had a winning record in games he played the majority of NFL snaps with? Nix & Gailey know that, however the Ralph is cheap crowd continues with their clueless bashing of Ralph & their latest mantra involves our QBs.

better days
05-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Another clueless "Ralph is too cheap to keep ..." response. Really, that's all the people who think Fitz is gone have-an imaginary boogie man in Ralph's wallet.
Here's the deal-Ralph is not nearly as cheap as you think. Also, Fitz won't be the highest paid QB NEXT year, when his job will be to mentor a hot-shot rookie-something that Edwards, Brohm & Brown are unqualified to do. Fitzpatrick is the best QB insurance policy this team has. Who else on the roster had a winning record in games he played the majority of NFL snaps with? Nix & Gailey know that, however the Ralph is cheap crowd continues with their clueless bashing of Ralph & their latest mantra involves our QBs.

If you go through my posts you will not find one that I call Ralph cheap. The fact is Fitz was the highest paid QB last year & if he is on the roster will be again this year.

I am no fan of Trent but he & Brohm are both much cheaper & this year is not about winning games it is about rebuilding for the future which will include a new QB (unless Brohm surprises).

The Bills can no doubt pick up a vet that would be a better mentor to a rookie QB next year than Fitz.............just about any vet except Trent Edwards would be better than Fitz for the job.

Albany,n.y.
05-08-2010, 06:13 PM
If you go through my posts you will not find one that I call Ralph cheap. The fact is Fitz was the highest paid QB last year & if he is on the roster will be again this year.

I am no fan of Trent but he & Brohm are both much cheaper & this year is not about winning games it is about rebuilding for the future which will include a new QB (unless Brohm surprises).

The Bills can no doubt pick up a vet that would be a better mentor to a rookie QB next year than Fitz.............just about any vet except Trent Edwards would be better than Fitz for the job.
OK, Sorry to lump you in with the Ralph is Cheap crowd. I just don't see why Fitzpatrick's contract will have anything to do with it. If anything, the fact he's the only one they're sure will be here (if they want him) in 2011, should work in his favor.
As far as bringing in another vet to mentor the chosen one in 2011, which would you rather have, a guy who is new to the team with the rookie, or a guy who has had a year in the system. I think too many people don't like the way Fitz's throws look and discount his value to the team. He's probably the most valuable QB on the roster, because right now he's the only one you have who can help the others during games. Since he's the most valuable, he deserves to get paid the most.
If the Bills really thought he was as bad as the fans around here, they would have released him before free agency & signed one of the other vets off the scrap heap. However, those vets cost more than Fitzpatrick. He's not a high priced option as a backup, it's just that the other QBs are so unproven, their salaries are so low. Overall, at the price Fitz is being paid to possibly come off the bench and start, the fact that he was involved in 5 wins with that horrible O-line last year has probably endeared him to the new coaches as they watch the films. He's the perfect backup, a guy who can win games when called upon, has a bunch of NFL starts, doesn't cost too much-in relation to the league's other backups, not our band of losers, and under the right circumstances, is content being a 2nd stringer.

better days
05-08-2010, 06:40 PM
OK, Sorry to lump you in with the Ralph is Cheap crowd. I just don't see why Fitzpatrick's contract will have anything to do with it. If anything, the fact he's the only one they're sure will be here (if they want him) in 2011, should work in his favor.
As far as bringing in another vet to mentor the chosen one in 2011, which would you rather have, a guy who is new to the team with the rookie, or a guy who has had a year in the system. I think too many people don't like the way Fitz's throws look and discount his value to the team. He's probably the most valuable QB on the roster, because right now he's the only one you have who can help the others during games. Since he's the most valuable, he deserves to get paid the most.
If the Bills really thought he was as bad as the fans around here, they would have released him before free agency & signed one of the other vets off the scrap heap. However, those vets cost more than Fitzpatrick. He's not a high priced option as a backup, it's just that the other QBs are so unproven, their salaries are so low. Overall, at the price Fitz is being paid to possibly come off the bench and start, the fact that he was involved in 5 wins with that horrible O-line last year has probably endeared him to the new coaches as they watch the films. He's the perfect backup, a guy who can win games when called upon, has a bunch of NFL starts, doesn't cost too much-in relation to the league's other backups, not our band of losers, and under the right circumstances, is content being a 2nd stringer.

You make a good argument for keeping Fitz, I will not hate it if you are right & they keep him.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-08-2010, 09:03 PM
I am afraid that if you took the numbers off their backs, and did not pay attention to the different physical attributes they have, it might be very difficult to tell any one of these guys from the others. None are legitimate starting NFL QBs at this point. The good news is that there really aren't many legitimate starting QBs available out there, period...so we can go with the "known evil is easier to handle than unknown evil" approach. So if we can muddle through this season and each of these guys play a few games and prove they don't have "it", maybe we'll have a chance to get a real QB next year. My prediction is that we will have 3 QBS starting at least 3 games this year. You've heard the saying "if you have 2 QBs, you don't have any." What happens when you don't have any Qbs to begin with? Does that mean you have 2? Good Lord.

jamze132
05-09-2010, 01:03 AM

No one has experience in the "system" as its a totally new regime with new coaches, plays, and terminology. He is not a QB I want mentoring other QBs on the roster for a couple of reasons; (1) he sucks (2) and if what we heard about him throwing Brohm under the bus is true, I do not want any "individual" on our team.

Why would they dump one sorry vet for another sorry vet? I do not understand this logic at all. Fitzpatrick is a career backup and I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to keep him on a rebuilding roster when every other QB on the roster is younger and has more upside. Fitz has peaked, you know what you are getting with him.

Albany,n.y.
05-09-2010, 12:07 PM
No one has experience in the "system" as its a totally new regime with new coaches, plays, and terminology. He is not a QB I want mentoring other QBs on the roster for a couple of reasons; (1) he sucks (2) and if what we heard about him throwing Brohm under the bus is true, I do not want any "individual" on our team.

Why would they dump one sorry vet for another sorry vet? I do not understand this logic at all. Fitzpatrick is a career backup and I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to keep him on a rebuilding roster when every other QB on the roster is younger and has more upside. Fitz has peaked, you know what you are getting with him.
1) What did you allegedly hear Fitzpatrick say about Brohm & do you have any links to back it up? The QBs of 2010 will not be in a totally new system in 2011 (we all hope).

2) Since there are 3 QB spots on the roster, by definition, 2 of the 3 players are backups. A proven career backup is needed on a winning team-just look at the playoff teams-most have proven backups so that when the main guy goes out for a game or 2, they are still competitive. How much more proof do you need of Fitzpatrick's worth as a backup than the 5 wins he contributed to in 2009? Just because you can say the 3 other guys have more "upside" doesn't mean they'll ever produce squat. Upside is a good term for -hasn't proven to be a total flop yet, but could if given enough rope to hang himself. The term upside should have a caveat with Gary Marangi's photo attached. Everyone loved Marangi's upside until Joe Ferguson went down with an injury, he quickly played his way off the Bills & out of the NFL. Most players cited for their upside, end up upside down.

jamze132
05-10-2010, 01:21 AM
1) What did you allegedly hear Fitzpatrick say about Brohm & do you have any links to back it up? The QBs of 2010 will not be in a totally new system in 2011 (we all hope).

2) Since there are 3 QB spots on the roster, by definition, 2 of the 3 players are backups. A proven career backup is needed on a winning team-just look at the playoff teams-most have proven backups so that when the main guy goes out for a game or 2, they are still competitive. How much more proof do you need of Fitzpatrick's worth as a backup than the 5 wins he contributed to in 2009? Just because you can say the 3 other guys have more "upside" doesn't mean they'll ever produce squat. Upside is a good term for -hasn't proven to be a total flop yet, but could if given enough rope to hang himself. The term upside should have a caveat with Gary Marangi's photo attached. Everyone loved Marangi's upside until Joe Ferguson went down with an injury, he quickly played his way off the Bills & out of the NFL. Most players cited for their upside, end up upside down.
The Buffalo Bills are not a winning team!!!! We are a rebuilding team!!!

Spiderweb
05-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Not a bad guess at all.

Edwards needs to petition the NFL for a medical waiver, then just bomb himself with Xanax prior to eack kickoff. He's a poster child for anxiety and panic disorder.

Ever since that hit against the Cardinals in 2008, he's been ruined. I have little to no confidence in his future and would love to be wrong.. but I also dislike how I caught him throwing coaches and teammates under the bus last year, when some of his poor throws/ INT's were all him not reading the coverage while under little to no pressure.

Couldn't agree more. Prior to the Cardinals game, he was playing so so most of the games but came alive in the 4th quarters. The game had appeared to be slowing down for him and he was making plays. In fact, he made a heck of a throw just before the sack and concussion for a completion. Stood tall, made the throw, and then fell totally apart.

One thing has always bothered me about Edwards and that is his throwing motion. Its like he forces, almost pushes, the ball instead of firing it. Since the hit, he's shown no confidence, and has become just another deer in the headlights.

Buffalogic
05-10-2010, 03:42 AM
Not a bad guess at all.

Ever since that hit against the Cardinals in 2008, he's been ruined. I have little to no confidence in his future and would love to be wrong.. but I also dislike how I caught him throwing coaches and teammates under the bus last year, when some of his poor throws/ INT's were all him not reading the coverage while under little to no pressure.Uggg I was at that cardinals game in the 6th row. That was such a downer, third play into the game and T-easy gets destroyed.

Then a little bit later Losman threw the best pass of his career to Evans and that was a really exciting play.

But I think Edwards will probably win the starting job.

Albany,n.y.
10-25-2010, 05:23 PM
To all those who hated him last spring-have you changed your minds?

X-Era
10-25-2010, 05:27 PM
To all those who hated him last spring-have you changed your minds?Hate is a strong word. I believe today the same as I believed on Saturday. Fitz is a decent backup, not the answer.

Albany,n.y.
10-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Hate is a strong word. I believe today the same as I believed on Saturday. Fitz is a decent backup, not the answer.
OK, how about: To those who thought Fitzpatrick should be cut or would be cut...

I said back in May that Fitzpatrick was the most valuable QB on the roster, most disagreed. They don't hate the guy, but they sure didn't want him around.

X-Era
10-25-2010, 05:44 PM
OK, how about: To those who thought Fitzpatrick should be cut or would be cut...

I said back in May that Fitzpatrick was the most valuable QB on the roster, most disagreed. They don't hate the guy, but they sure didn't want him around.I would want him as a backup, not the starter at this point. 0 and 6.

And my point then is still my point now, Fitz isn't taking us to the playoffs this year, and he's not the long term answer.

I mean if we want to get excited about a good game and feel good about what we saw... even though we still lost, I'm actually good with that. He made it fun yesterday. But thats a far cry from what we need to see to be convinced he can take us to and win a SB.

Albany,n.y.
10-25-2010, 06:01 PM
I would want him as a backup, not the starter at this point. 0 and 6.

And my point then is still my point now, Fitz isn't taking us to the playoffs this year, and he's not the long term answer.

I mean if we want to get excited about a good game and feel good about what we saw... even though we still lost, I'm actually good with that. He made it fun yesterday. But thats a far cry from what we need to see to be convinced he can take us to and win a SB.
I agree. As I said in earlier posts in this thread I thought he was the most valuable due to his ability to mentor the next guy & be a good backup when we are a Super Bowl contender. That job includes going in when needed & winning games, like Frank Reich was during the SB years. On a good team, with a young franchise QB, Fitz is the perfect backup. I hope he's here for years, just not as the starter.