PDA

View Full Version : Whitner finally makes a nice Tweet...

BILLSROCK1212
05-07-2010, 06:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/07/whitner-thinks-the-league-should-take-away-cushings-award/

Whitner thinks the league should take away Cushing's award

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 7, 2010 7:34 PM ET
One of the best (and some would say worst) parts about Twitter is immediacy.

The moment Brian Cushing's suspension was announced, writers, fans, teammates, and other players around the league had their say.

More than one media member said they've heard rumors about Cushing's use before.

Texans safety Dominique Barber summed up the reaction from Houston: "F*****kkkkkk"

The most interesting comment came from Bills safety Donte Whitner, who reacted angrily. "B. Kushing suspended for sterods! I don't respect guys that CHEAT! . . . They should take his Defensive rookie of the year away!"

It's not a crazy notion. MDS mentioned the "Shawne Merriman rule," which means that Cushing won't be allowed to win any awards or go to the Pro Bowl this year.

But it's fair to deduce based on the timeline of Cushing's failed appeal that performance enhancing drugs helped him in 2009.

In the Olympics, they take away your medal for a failed test. The NFL should do the same. Jairus Byrd: come collect your gold.

Night Train
05-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I was hoping his tweet would say

" Just got the word. I'm going to Baltimore for Gaither "

theanswer74
05-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Marcus Stroud may not appreciate this.

DraftBoy
05-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Whitner is stupid as hell.

BillsWin
05-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Can't argue with Whitner on this one. You cheat, you should face the consequences.

more cowbell
05-08-2010, 12:11 AM
why is donte whitner still on the team?

Prov401
05-08-2010, 01:43 AM
I just wish he spelt Cushing's name right, as well as the word steroids.

Buddo
05-08-2010, 04:31 AM
In this particular instance, I'm glad Modrak didn't get his way. I felt all along that Oher should have been the pick instead of Maybin, but Maybin at least is 'clean'.

jamze132
05-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Whatever Whitner says, sucks.

Beebe's Kid
05-08-2010, 11:45 AM
That is hilarious that he got pinched. When that picture was floating around, I wish I remember who it was, some blow hard was posting something like, "People that think he's on steroids have never lifted a weight in their lives, you can do this all natuarally...."

You know what, I agree with Whitner. I like DW as a safety...sorry I know he was picked too high for a lot of people to realize he is a good player, but his comments are usually a little much. He is right on in this instance.