PDA

View Full Version : Just took a peak at some Ravens boards

BillsWin
05-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Those morons actually think they can get Leodis McKelvin and a 2nd or 1st,

or

Jairus Byrd and picks.

Or a 1st and 2nd.

Some were more reasonable and thought a 2nd straight up, or mid round pick and McGee.

They seem to be thinking more along the lines of what we think here. CB depth and mid round pick.

but honestly, Leodis and a 2nd? Jairus Byrd and picks? a 1st and 2nd?

surrrrrrrrrre....... :db: :cp: :limpclap: :negrep:

The Spaz
05-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Dream on...

SeatownBillsFan21
05-07-2010, 11:58 PM
What would we as Bills fans want if it were the other way around??

BillsWin
05-08-2010, 12:04 AM

2nd straight up or a player (like McGee) and a mid round pick seems fair enough.

To even think you'll get a young, former first round pick who has shown promise and is currently a starter PLUS picks is stretching reality.

BertSquirtgum
05-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Those morons actually think they can get Leodis McKelvin and a 2nd or 1st,

or

Jairus Byrd and picks.

Or a 1st and 2nd.

Some were more reasonable and thought a 2nd straight up, or mid round pick and McGee.

They seem to be thinking more along the lines of what we think here. CB depth and mid round pick.

but honestly, Leodis and a 2nd? Jairus Byrd and picks? a 1st and 2nd?

surrrrrrrrrre....... :db: :cp: :limpclap: :negrep:

those damn fools thinking the bold must have been smoking peyote.

BertSquirtgum
05-08-2010, 12:16 AM
the smart ones would be hoping for a 2nd and a depth player but realisiticly know it wouldn't happen....and would be happy with a mid round pick(5th) and mcgee or yourbooty. if i was thinking as a ravens fan i would rather have youboty because he is younger.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2010, 12:21 AM
to be 100 % fair, youboty and a 3rd, or a 2nd straight up would be ideal...

OpIv37
05-08-2010, 12:31 AM
The homers or the sensible ones? There are people on this board who thought we could get a 2nd for Lynch or Parrish. It's not necessarily that they don't understand trade values, but they completely overrate our players.

The one thing that concerns me is Schecter's comments that the Bills want him "bad." If that's true and the Ravens know it, they will do their best to jack us. I just hope Nix is smart enough to play hardball with them.

BertSquirtgum
05-08-2010, 12:46 AM
they didn't jack us with the magahee trade. what makes you think they will try to pull that **** with a better f.o.?

Buffalogic
05-08-2010, 12:52 AM
lol yeah right

Mr. Pink
05-08-2010, 01:23 AM
McKelvin, in a trade wouldn't hold much value. He's been an injury liability and hasn't shown much, to be honest, when he's healthy.

It's not out of the realm of possibility to think McKelvin and a 3rd for Gaither.

And to the mocking of what their fans want...we just saw Youboty + a 3rd in this thread? Youboty is garbage and worth nothing.

Or people who were saying before to ship Lynch or Whitner there? Neither of those two would even make a contribution in Baltimore.

Prov401
05-08-2010, 01:46 AM
I'll be honest. I'm not high up on either Mcgee or McKelvin. If we were to trade one, I wouldn't mind. I believe our best defensive back, as far as coverage goes, is Drayton Florence. I know he isn't exaclty the youngest CB we have, nor the one with the highest ceiling. However, I believe right now, he is our best coverage corner, and I wouldn't have the slightest issue with dealing one of our Mc's, and a draft pick to the Ravens for a franchise LT.

Historian
05-08-2010, 04:36 AM
McKelvin has the fastest closing speed Ive seen since Darrell Green.

If he ever gets the pro game down he could be deadly.

YardRat
05-08-2010, 05:06 AM
They're not going to give Gaithers away.

What did we get in exchange for Peters again? A first and fourth last year, and a sixth this year? Baltimore is going to be looking for a starter and a pick, at least.

clumping platelets
05-08-2010, 05:10 AM
They can have McGee, Parrish, and Youboty

Luisito23
05-08-2010, 05:33 AM

McGee + a 3rd...Parrish + a 2nd....Youbouty + a 2nd...A 2nd. + a 4th. or 5th...Other than that I'm not really interested!

Historian
05-08-2010, 05:49 AM

...as well as Lynch, Fitzpatrick, Russ Brandon, Hojonowski the equipment guy, and the rights to Bill Cowher!

Luisito23
05-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Don't forget Whitner!

WeAreArthurMoates
05-08-2010, 07:31 AM
I'd hate to give up McKelvin but lets be honest, if it lands a top notch LT it's worth it. I hope we don't but couldn't get to mad if we did.

X-Era
05-08-2010, 07:34 AM
I'd hate to give up McKelvin but lets be honest, if it lands a top notch LT it's worth it. I hope we don't but couldn't get to mad if we did.

I could.

That would almost guarantee a early round pick on another corner in upcoming years.

Jan Reimers
05-08-2010, 07:35 AM
I've seen Ravens' fans up close.They are some of the biggest red neck A-holes I have ever encountered. Too much in-breeding.

tomz
05-08-2010, 08:06 AM
They're not going to give Gaithers away.

What did we get in exchange for Peters again? A first and fourth last year, and a sixth this year? Baltimore is going to be looking for a starter and a pick, at least.

How many pro bowls (deserved or not) has Gaither been to? He's promising, not proven and they (Baltimore) are willing to move him to right tackle. The Ravens' asking price was a 2nd and nobody bit, right?

And for Fun Times Yay, it is ridiculous to say he's shown nothing. His return skills are excellent and he was showing clear ability as a CB before injury. As a small-school rookie, his first year was partly an adjustment but by mid-season he was definitely playing well. By all accounts, there are no lingering injury questions with him.

A second straight up seems about right, though somewhat steep for someone not particularly proven.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-08-2010, 08:12 AM
I could.

That would almost guarantee a early round pick on another corner in upcoming years.

Yes but franchise LT's are much harder to find the CB. I love McKelvin and hope we don't do it but let's get real, LT hold much more value especially to us. I don't think it would come to that though. I could see McGee def being the guy to be jetison but I could also see whitner(that's my ideal player).

psubills62
05-08-2010, 09:52 AM
The Ravens fans really think they can get a 1st rounder PLUS other picks or players?

Do they even realize that he was assigned an RFA tender of just a first round pick? That means we could sign him to an offer sheet and if Baltimore doesn't match it, we'd give up a first round pick. So obviously that will be THE maximum Buffalo would give up.

If he's truly on the trading block, he's there for less than what he was tendered for, that's for sure.

Billz_fan
05-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Mckelvin would most likely IMO flourish on the Ravens team. With there better defense and Ed Reed and the boys to take him in he would instantly become better.

THATHURMANATOR
05-08-2010, 12:01 PM
No way should they trade Leodis in this deal. NO WAY

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Its reported from what i read that its youboty and a 2nd in 2011...

feldspar
05-08-2010, 12:55 PM
The thing about the Ravens fans on that board is that they don't want to deal unless they totally take advantage of us. What they don't understand is that this is the last year of Gaither's contract, and if Oher is playing LT, Gaither will play RT and walk next year and they'll get nothing in return...maybe a late round compensatory pick. He'll make a hell of a lot of more money playing LT than RT, and that's a fact.

Some think that they are poised to win the Superbowl and Gaither is crucial on the other side...anyway, Gaither wants a big deal at LT. Maybe we'll get Brown instead. We should get somebody, though.

feldspar
05-08-2010, 12:57 PM
No way should they trade Leodis in this deal. NO WAY

They are talking about Leodis and Bryd mostly, but you are right: no way they touch our best secondary guys.

LOL. One guy wanted McKelvin, Bryd, AND a third round pick.

Mr. Pink
05-08-2010, 05:55 PM
How many pro bowls (deserved or not) has Gaither been to? He's promising, not proven and they (Baltimore) are willing to move him to right tackle. The Ravens' asking price was a 2nd and nobody bit, right?

And for Fun Times Yay, it is ridiculous to say he's shown nothing. His return skills are excellent and he was showing clear ability as a CB before injury. As a small-school rookie, his first year was partly an adjustment but by mid-season he was definitely playing well. By all accounts, there are no lingering injury questions with him.

A second straight up seems about right, though somewhat steep for someone not particularly proven.

And how many probowls has McKelvin been to? Somewhat similar situation, he's promising but with injury concern and not proven.

Compare the two positions and there is a much larger priority for LTs in this league than CBs.

And then compare the teams...we need a LT a hell of a lot more than they need corner. Their corners are weak but our tackles aren't even what I would call NFL caliber.

tomz
05-08-2010, 06:05 PM
And how many probowls has McKelvin been to? Somewhat similar situation, he's promising but with injury concern and not proven.

Compare the two positions and there is a much larger priority for LTs in this league than CBs.

And then compare the teams...we need a LT a hell of a lot more than they need corner. Their corners are weak but our tackles aren't even what I would call NFL caliber.

No argument there on the comparison between Gaither and McKelvin. You have a good point.

I was mostly referring to the flawed comparison between Peters and Gaither, implying that a 1st, 4th and 5th would be appropriate compensation for Gaither, made by another poster in my 'pro-bowl' comment.

YardRat
05-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I could.

I'll guarantee right now that one of our first two picks in 2011 is a corner, regardless of whether or not we deal one for Gaither.

YardRat
05-08-2010, 08:48 PM
No argument there on the comparison between Gaither and McKelvin. You have a good point.

I was mostly referring to the flawed comparison between Peters and Gaither, implying that a 1st, 4th and 5th would be appropriate compensation for Gaither, made by another poster in my 'pro-bowl' comment.

Slow down there, dude, and reread my post. I said a starter and a pick, at least. Take the post for what it actually says, not what you think it means.

psubills62
05-08-2010, 10:30 PM
I'll guarantee right now that one of our first two picks in 2011 is a corner, regardless of whether or not we deal one for Gaither.

Really? You don't think they'll take a QB?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2010, 11:16 PM
The ravens fans can ***** all they want about wanting mckelvin, it aint happening... 3rd and youboty or a 2nd and thats what ur getting... deal with it!

BertSquirtgum
05-09-2010, 12:46 AM

what the f**k? that's one of the most ridiculous quotes i've read on this message board in the past 3 weeks. you do realize dick jauron is not on the pay roll anymore, correct?

jamze132
05-09-2010, 01:13 AM
what the f**k? that's one of the most ridiculous quotes i've read on this message board in the past 3 weeks. you do realize dick jauron is not on the pay roll anymore, correct?
Why is that such a bad idea to draft a CB early? McGee isn't getting any younger and Corner and Youboty are more suited for the nickle spot or the bench. We are going to need another CB who can play on an island.

You can never have enough CBs, I do believe that, especially if we are going to eventually be successful, meaning leading games late and having to hold onto the lead. The other team will be passing so we need to keep the 4-7 DBs that will be on the field late in the game, fresh.

Another reason we could use a lockdown CB is so that we can let them play man on the outside which frees LBs for blitz.

Buddo
05-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Something else that seems to be escaping the Ravens fans, is that there is very viable, and actually a more 'proven' alternative out there in Jamaal Brown.
This drives down the asking price all round, whether it be in contract, pick(s)/player.
Mind you, they may also be trying to gain something back on us for stiffing them in the McGahee trade. ;)
I have to admit I did find it pretty hilarious that they think we would give up a first round pick +, when the compensation is only that of a first round pick.

YardRat
05-09-2010, 05:32 AM

We'll see next year around this time, won't we?

Lexwhat
05-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Those morons actually think they can get Leodis McKelvin and a 2nd or 1st...

I am wary of any website that doesn't know the difference between "principal" and "principle".

I am wary of any Thread Starter that doesn't know the difference between "peek" and "peak."

:-)

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Something else that seems to be escaping the Ravens fans, is that there is very viable, and actually a more 'proven' alternative out there in Jamaal Brown.
This drives down the asking price all round, whether it be in contract, pick(s)/player.
Mind you, they may also be trying to gain something back on us for stiffing them in the McGahee trade. ;)
I have to admit I did find it pretty hilarious that they think we would give up a first round pick +, when the compensation is only that of a first round pick.

dude we got trent edwards and chris ellis basically , its not like we ripped them off, it was pretty equal....

Ground Chuck
05-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Give em Whitner and a 4th