• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The Gaither trade possibility

So we jettisoned a show-me-the-unreasonably-massive-amount-of-money-because-I-had-one-good-year-so-I'm-the-greatest-thing-in-mankind-since-sliced-bread-otherwise-I'm-going-to-hold-out left tackle, and then trade for another show-me-the-unreasonably-massive-amount-of-money-because-I-had-one-good-year-so-I'm-the-greatest-thing-in-mankind-since-sliced-bread-otherwise-I'm-going-to-hold-out left tackle?

Is that how this works?
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: The Gaither trade possibility

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
    So we jettisoned a show-me-the-unreasonably-massive-amount-of-money-because-I-had-one-good-year-so-I'm-the-greatest-thing-in-mankind-since-sliced-bread-otherwise-I'm-going-to-hold-out left tackle, and then trade for another show-me-the-unreasonably-massive-amount-of-money-because-I-had-one-good-year-so-I'm-the-greatest-thing-in-mankind-since-sliced-bread-otherwise-I'm-going-to-hold-out left tackle?

Is that how this works?

but think if we can get a first for peters and get gaither for whitner and like a 3rd im ok with that

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I don't see what other people are seeing. Gaither has some negatives, primarily a reportedly poor work ethic and some injuries.

However, where are people getting that he'll be demanding 10-11 million per year if he's traded? People seem to be assuming this.

I just can't see what evidence you're basing any of the "show-me-the-unreasonably-massive-amount-of-money-because-I-had-one-good-year-so-I'm-the-greatest-thing-in-mankind-since-sliced-bread-otherwise-I'm-going-to-hold-out left tackle" assumptions.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Who is to say we wouldnt have kept Peters if Nix was running the show.

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
          • Jan 2010

if we got Gaither would our oline look like this?
          Gaither-Levitre-Hangartner-wood-wang?
          “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• wmoz11
            • Sep 2008

Put Cornell Green in place of Wang, and I think that would be pretty accurate.

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by wmoz11
              Put Cornell Green in place of Wang, and I think that would be pretty accurate.
              oh yah i forgot about him
              “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• Thief
                • Sep 2009

Can I get a link showing what this dude is demanding please?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Thief
                  Can I get a link showing what this dude is demanding please?
                  There is no link...or talk of it outside of message boards. It is speculation from a fan base that was jilted by an over-achieving, greedy, **** head LT in the recent past, that doesn't want to "rebuild," again, in two years.

This thing is turning into a monster...there is no real reports about what Baltimore might accept in return, nor anything concrete from Gaither. The reality of a cheap LT is about as likely as Edwards spawning testicles. A good LT, which some think is the corner stone of an entire team, is not a cheap commodity. There are 31 other reasons they are not going to sign below the money. So, yes, if we get Gaither, and wish to retain him, it is going to take a big check to do so.

We could trade let him play his last year, then tag him...that will give him a big raise without our tying our boat to him for 5-6 years. It also lets us get a 2 year sample size of his work ethic and potential. If not all we lose is Roscoe and a 10th round pick, right?

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                    • Jan 2010

Pat Kirwin of Sirious Satellite NFL radio said that it involves youboty, agreed in principle

Comment

• bigfish2112
                      • Aug 2009

BILLS ARE CLOSE TO DEAL WITH BALTIMORE FOR JARED GAITHER

Written by JOE LOGAN on 5/8/2010 11:30 AM

The Bills Beat has learned that the Buffalo Bills and the Baltimore Ravens have agreed in principal to a deal that would send Jared Gaither to the Buffalo Bills for a second round draft choice in the 2011 NFL draft.
                      Gaither is probably aware that his stock will lower drastically if he plays out the final year of his contract at right tackle instead of the left side where has been a starter for the past two seasons.
                      Buffalo has a gaping hole at left tackle and Gaither would most likely get a huge contract and become the immediate starter at that position. Our Baltimore source has said that Gaither's agent has told him to stay off the field while he negotiates a contract extension. Apparently Gaither is at the Ravens facility getting treatment today but not on the field.
                      The Bills currently only have rookie Ed Wang and Demetrius Bell vying for left tackle, both of whom would have trouble protecting whomever starts at QB for Buffalo this year.
                      The Ravens are apparently comfortable that they can replace Jared Gaither at the right tackle position after former first round pick Michael Oher officially was named the Ravens right tackle on Friday.
                      We will keep you up to date on the latest for this and other stories as we cover the Bills mini-camp this weekend.

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
                        Pat Kirwin of Sirious Satellite NFL radio said that it involves youboty, agreed in principle
                        When was this said? GO BILLS

Comment

• wmoz11
                          • Sep 2008

If PK said it, then it's true!

Comment

• cpearl
                            • Mar 2005

Why is Whitner thrown in to every trade possibility? Whitner is going to be good in this new defense, especially next to a more seasoned Byrd.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              Will not tolerate vandalism.
                              • Apr 2006

Another fifth-rounder? Ugh. Pass. Give me someone who isn't from the dregs of the draft. Please?

Comment

Working...
                              X