PDA

View Full Version : thebillsbeat.com: Bills and Ravens agree in principle (2nd round pick for Gaither)

BillsWin
05-08-2010, 12:28 PM
http://thebillsbeat.com/Buffalo_Bills_News_Detail.aspx?article=40

The Bills Beat has learned that the Buffalo Bills and the Baltimore Ravens have agreed in principal to a deal that would send Jared Gaither to the Buffalo Bills for a second round draft choice in the 2011 NFL draft.

Never heard of thebillsbeat.com before.

BILLSROCK1212
05-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Joe Logan??? Or did we just have the best offseason in the past decade???

BillsWin
05-08-2010, 12:32 PM
There is talk that Pat Kirwan said on Sirius NFL radio: Youboty and a pick.

I didn't hear it with my own ears, so I won't say he said it.

New Ro's Greatest
05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
There is talk that Pat Kirwan said on Sirius NFL radio: Youboty and a pick.

I didn't hear it with my own ears, so I won't say he said it.

Maybe Youboty and the 2nd? GO BILLS:bad:

BillsWin
05-08-2010, 12:35 PM
I am wary of any website that doesn't know the difference between "principal" and "principle".

wmoz11
05-08-2010, 12:36 PM
It's Joe Logan's site. That should be enough for you to be wary about.

SquishDaFish
05-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh man I hope so. Lets GO!! Come ON!!

BILLSROCK1212
05-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Joe Logan??? Or did we just have the best offseason in the past decade???
Alright, I subconsciously must have known that this site actually is Joe Logan's. This is his opportunity to redeem himself because personally I don't think he was bull****ting us.

Stewie
05-08-2010, 12:38 PM
if this is true, it means Gaithers contract extension is being negotiated right now

sauce
05-08-2010, 12:44 PM
If not true lets find this Joe Logan character and beat him down

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2010, 12:45 PM
hopefully we only gave up one high pick and one player...

Dr. Lecter
05-08-2010, 12:52 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/05/gaither-not-on-field-in-balt.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fbillboard+%28BillBoard%29

Offensive tackle Jared Gaither was not on the field today in Baltimore, at the second day of minicamp practices with the Ravens, the Baltimore Sun reported on its webstie. Gaither was switched from left tackle, where he started the past two seasons, to right tackle at the start of minicamp on Friday. Second-year OT Michael Oher traded places with Gaither, going to the left side. Gaither has been the subject of trade speculation for months, although indications Friday were that no deal was imminent. He could be upset about his position switch or trade talks could be significantly heating up or he's ill or injured.

wmoz11
05-08-2010, 12:58 PM
If the two teams have agreed in principle, then they're probably just trying to see if they can agree on a contract extension since Gaither hasn't signed his tender yet.

BillsWin
05-08-2010, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't rule out Jammal Brown to Buffalo just yet...

Buffalogic
05-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Let's get some more linemen up in here!

mikemac2001
05-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Should get gaither and jamaal brown

CAbills
05-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Adam_Schefter

RT @rmsmylie: Some blogs reporting Gaither to the Bills for a 2nd is done pending a contract extension. Can you confirm? ... Not true.

Michael82
05-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Did you guys happen to see who his agent was?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Jared-Gaither-gets-firstround-tender.html

Gaither hired agent Drew Rosenhaus last year, who has expressed interest to team officials in eventually working out a long-term deal.

wmoz11
05-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Better Rosenhaus than Parker. We actually have a decent relationship with Rosenhaus.

Buffalogic
05-08-2010, 01:14 PM
How about we just draft Oher at 11 last yr and don't choke by picking Maybin? Instead we now have to scramble to give up another draft pick for a guy Oher made expendable. Gotta love the bills.

wmoz11
Adam_Schefter

RT @rmsmylie: Some blogs reporting Gaither to the Bills for a 2nd is done pending a contract extension. Can you confirm? ... Not true.

Joe Logan vs. Adam Schefter Part II.

mikemac2001
Did you guys happen to see who his agent was?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Jared-Gaither-gets-firstround-tender.html

Ya i would say that is a plus

he is a pain but seems like all of his players havent had an issue signing here

Thief
05-08-2010, 01:17 PM
I am wary of any website that doesn't know the difference between "principal" and "principle".Or, more importantly, the fact Oher was named the starting LT not RT.

The Spaz
05-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Apparently Gaither has multiple injuries and isn't working out today, or something is place and they are being secretive about it.

Buffalogic
05-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Apparently Gaither has multiple injuries and isn't working out today, or something is place and they are being secretive about it.That's a bogus excuse. They are just saying that because he's about to get traded. He was fine yesterday.

The Spaz
05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Ravens OT Jared Gaither was not in attendance at Ravens minicamp practice Saturday morning.

The team claims he was in the training room, but the Baltimore Sun is reporting that Gaither had no known injuries that he was dealing with and practiced fully on Friday.

UPDATE: I’m hearing that Gaither’s foot might be sore and that’s what he was getting treatment on in the Ravens training room.

There’s been widespread speculation that Gaither will be moved to another team soon via trade. Buffalo is one of the team’s reportedly interested in the 24-year old left tackle.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/08/gaither-not-at-ravens-practice/

DraftBoy
05-08-2010, 01:39 PM
While Gaither would clearly be the best OT on our team (by a long long long long way). Id prefer if a deal was a player (Youboty, Whitner, Parrish, Lynch) and a mid round pick for Gaither, as opposed to a 2nd for him, as the rumors have thus floated.

Just my opinion, Id love Gaither but I want the price to be right as well.

Michael82
05-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking he's going to get the same kind of money Peters got. He's not worth top 5 tackle money. I don't even see top 10 tackle money for him yet....

<TABLE class="shsTable shsGriddedTable" cellSpacing=1><TBODY><TR class=shsTableTtlRow><TD colSpan=10>Career Offensive Line Stats</TD></TR><TR class=shsColTtlRow><TD style="WIDTH: 9%" class=shsNamD>Year</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 9%" class=shsNamD>Team</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 9%" class=shsNumD>G</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 9%" class=shsNumD>GS</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 9%" class=shsNumD>Pen</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 9%" class=shsNumD>Yds</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 10%" class=shsNumD>False Start</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 9%" class=shsNumD>Holding</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 9%" class=shsNumD>Sacks Allwd</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 9%" class=shsNumD>Yds</TD></TR><TR class=shsRow0Row><TD class=shsNamD>2007</TD><TD class=shsNamD>Bal</TD><TD class=shsNumD>6</TD><TD class=shsNumD>2</TD><TD class=shsNumD>2</TD><TD class=shsNumD>10</TD><TD class=shsNumD>2</TD><TD class=shsNumD>0</TD><TD class=shsNumD>1.50</TD><TD class=shsNumD>12.00</TD></TR><TR class=shsRow1Row><TD class=shsNamD>2008</TD><TD class=shsNamD>Bal</TD><TD class=shsNumD>16</TD><TD class=shsNumD>15</TD><TD class=shsNumD>10</TD><TD class=shsNumD>56</TD><TD class=shsNumD>6</TD><TD class=shsNumD>2</TD><TD class=shsNumD>3.00</TD><TD class=shsNumD>35.00</TD></TR><TR class=shsRow0Row><TD class=shsNamD>2009</TD><TD class=shsNamD>Bal</TD><TD class=shsNumD>11</TD><TD class=shsNumD>11</TD><TD class=shsNumD>7</TD><TD class=shsNumD>49</TD><TD class=shsNumD>3</TD><TD class=shsNumD>4</TD><TD class=shsNumD>5.00</TD><TD class=shsNumD>31.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://sports.cbs2chicago.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8516&team=33

Buffalogic
05-08-2010, 01:44 PM
It's always better to get rid of a trashy player than give up what probably will amount to an early second.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2010, 01:49 PM
get this done obd, im going crazy!!!!!!!!!!

jamze132
05-09-2010, 02:55 AM
I really don't hope we overpay for him. I would love to have him on the roster but a 2nd next year seems steep unless we can somehow get a 2nd back somewhere, but I just don't see that from anyone on our roster.

YardRat
05-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Dallas might be in the mix also...

The Buffalo Bills are known to be extremely interested in Gaither due to their inadequate tackle situation, and he has also been linked to the Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders and the Washington Redskins.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/spo/2010/05/09-14/Questions-expand-on-Raven-line.html

Novacane
05-09-2010, 08:02 AM
I really don't hope we overpay for him. I would love to have him on the roster but a 2nd next year seems steep unless we can somehow get a 2nd back somewhere, but I just don't see that from anyone on our roster.

A 2nd for a starting LT is not a steep price to pay.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 08:20 AM
to be 100% fair to ravens fans...

a 2nd and a 6th along with ashton youboty would be optimal... he is a pro bowl lt... hes 24 with no serious injuries... hes a top 8 lt... also a 2nd and reggie corner would be fair...

Michael82
05-09-2010, 10:01 AM

a 2nd and a 6th along with ashton youboty would be optimal... he is a pro bowl lt... hes 24 with no serious injuries... hes a top 8 lt... also a 2nd and reggie corner would be fair...

He's never made the Pro Bowl. I don't know WTF you are getting that one from...

2nd and Reggie Corner is definitely overpaying! Corner is a good player and gives us solid depth at CB. Don't forget that both McGee and Florence are getting up there in age.

better days
05-09-2010, 10:12 AM
He's never made the Pro Bowl. I don't know WTF you are getting that one from...

2nd and Reggie Corner is definitely overpaying! Corner is a good player and gives us solid depth at CB. Don't forget that both McGee and Florence are getting up there in age.

Not only did he never make the Pro bowl, but the Ravens thought so little of him, they drafted Oher to replace him.

psubills62
05-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Dallas might be in the mix also...

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/spo/2010/05/09-14/Questions-expand-on-Raven-line.html

Maybe it's just me, but that looks like an attempt by the team or agent to make it seem like Gaither is in high demand. Dallas will be trading for Barron, Washington drafted their LT of the future already, and Oakland drafted a couple of OT's this year.

I don't see any of those teams being interested enough to battle the Bills for Gaither.

YardRat
05-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Maybe it's just me, but that looks like an attempt by the team or agent to make it seem like Gaither is in high demand. Dallas will be trading for Barron, Washington drafted their LT of the future already, and Oakland drafted a couple of OT's this year.

I don't see any of those teams being interested enough to battle the Bills for Gaither.

Could very well be true...

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 11:39 AM
gaither isnt at practice again today, and nbc sports is saying a trade is very likely...

go bills!

Ingtar33
05-09-2010, 11:42 AM

what are you talking about?

he's not a probowl LT.

patmoran2006
05-09-2010, 11:47 AM
This is the latest from this "Jimmy Mack".

One thing is for certain, if Bills GM Buddy Nix denies their interest and moreover that the deal with the Ravens was not agreed to in principal we have the goods to let people know that he isn't being straight with the fans.
http://thebillsbeat.com/Buffalo_Bills_News_Detail.aspx?article=41

This guy better know something no one else does

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 11:48 AM
what are you talking about?

he's not a probowl LT.

i thought he was a pro bowl alternate?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 11:55 AM
i swear to ****ing god if buffalo doesnt want to pay gaither top dollar i will be pissed!!!!!! LTS make great money buffalo, pay the man!!!!!!!!!!!

FlyingDutchman
05-09-2010, 11:59 AM

he better be out with the goods if this deal doesnt happen, otherwise this site will lose any shred of credibility it had

mikemac2001
05-09-2010, 12:23 PM
he better be out with the goods if this deal doesnt happen, otherwise this site will lose any shred of credibility it had

Haha Jimmy Mack and Joe Logan :chat:

If this happens ill be so excited about the direction of this team, if it doesnt i am still excited but feel we still have a hole that won't help young qb's

Either way these guys are making it entertaining and yes i want to know the goods

mikemac2001
05-09-2010, 12:25 PM
http://thebillsbeat.com/Buffalo_Bills_News_Detail.aspx?article=42

SOURCE: Gaither deal "..all in Russ's hands now"
Written by JIMMY MACK on 5/9/2010 1:15 PM

Source says that the deal is all in Russ Brandon's hands right now.

Since Russ Brandon was involved in letting Jason Peters get away he seemingly has the ability to make it right.

More as we receive it

X-Era
05-09-2010, 12:32 PM
GET THIS DONE!

FlyingDutchman
05-09-2010, 01:02 PM
what would Brandon have to do with anything? i thought he doesnt really have anything to do with personnel now?

mikemac2001
05-09-2010, 01:09 PM
what would Brandon have to do with anything? i thought he doesnt really have anything to do with personnel now?

Im pretty sure jimmy mack and joe logan are just fishing for Web Hits for Ad's and hoping they are right so then they can say WE WERE right and get more ad hits the next rumor

Thief
05-09-2010, 01:12 PM
what would Brandon have to do with anything? i thought he doesnt really have anything to do with personnel now?We would need an extension worked out.

BTW, does anyone think Jimmy Mack is Joe Logan. Afterall, Logan did take a lot of flack for the Cowher thing. Maybe he created a pen name to take the sting away if he is wrong again. And Jimmy Mack is a pretty bad a** pen name.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 01:13 PM
i read on the ravens message board that ozzie said the team hasnt received fair compensation yet, i dont have a link...so i dont know if its true...

FlyingDutchman
05-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Im pretty sure jimmy mack and joe logan are just fishing for Web Hits for Ad's and hoping they are right so then they can say WE WERE right and get more ad hits the next rumor

yeah dude i wouldnt doubt it. if you throw enough $*** at the wall, eventually something will stick

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 01:32 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/05/newsome_no_trade_offer_worthy_of_serious_consideration.html

cpearl
05-09-2010, 01:34 PM

There are so many things wrong with that statement. First, is "Jimmy Mack" going to go "on the record" with a most likely "off the record" statement? Moreover, is he going to "out" his "contact?" And most importantly, Buddy Nix doesn't have to be straight with the fans. We have no right to know what happens behind the scenes.

This Logan site, or whatever it is, is a ****ing joke.

cpearl
05-09-2010, 01:37 PM
http://thebillsbeat.com/Buffalo_Bills_News_Detail.aspx?article=42

SOURCE: Gaither deal "..all in Russ's hands now"
Written by JIMMY MACK on 5/9/2010 1:15 PM

Source says that the deal is all in Russ Brandon's hands right now.

Since Russ Brandon was involved in letting Jason Peters get away he seemingly has the ability to make it right.

More as we receive it

Maybe from a contract standpoint. If they are right, the contract is agreed to, the only stumbling block with be a long term contract. And that is where Russ, possibly, would be involved.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 01:42 PM
6 years 50 milllion 25 million up front guaranteed...

mikemac2001
05-09-2010, 01:45 PM

can you please stop posting crazy posts on the ravens board

they are gonna think all billsfans are insane

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 02:00 PM

how is anything i said over there insane????? that was random.................

HAMMER
05-09-2010, 02:51 PM
how is anything i said over there insane????? that was random.................

Most of what you post is a stretch or exaggeration.

YardRat
05-09-2010, 02:54 PM

He's not posting polls over there is he?

Lexwhat
05-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Where is Blame Canada when you need him (her)?

mikemac2001
05-09-2010, 03:49 PM
He's not posting polls over there is he?

No but he is trying to negoitate trades on the forum

And he is talking like its madden

but to be honest the raven fans are kinda nutz themself

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 04:49 PM
No but he is trying to negoitate trades on the forum

And he is talking like its madden

but to be honest the raven fans are kinda nutz themself

ive been so fair man, i mean they wont take a 2nd a 5th and corner... wtf..

they want mckelvin or byrd plus a 1st... wth is that?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 04:50 PM
just let them lose gaither for nothing... i cant wait until we trade for him without giving up a first...lol

Luisito23
05-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I can't believe some of those idiots over at the Ravens' board, talk about homerism...

raphael120
05-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I'd laugh my ass off if they sign Gaither for a bigger deal than Jason Peters wanted.

Philagape
05-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I can't believe some of those idiots over at the Ravens' board, talk about homerism...

Yeah, there's none of that here! :insane:

psubills62
05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, there's none of that here! :insane:

Sorry, but considering Santonio Holmes was traded for a 5th round pick, I'd say the bar has been set pretty low as far as players being worth much when giving away draft picks.

While Bills fans are obviously being a little homeristic, I think when you consider some of the trades that happened around the league, we aren't that far off.

However, any Baltimore fan that demands more than a 1st round pick is being stupid, considering we could just sign him to an offer sheet and essentially trade our first rounder for him that way, at the maximum.

And asking for Jairus Byrd, a rookie who made the Pro Bowl despite not even playing all 16 games PLUS a 2nd round pick? That, to me, is like asking for a first and second rounder. Not even close to reasonable. Gaither is good, but he's not nearly as good as most people are making him out to be. He's simply an obvious upgrade for us because the rest of our LT's stink.

Philagape
05-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Sorry, but considering Santonio Holmes was traded for a 5th round pick, I'd say the bar has been set pretty low as far as players being worth much when giving away draft picks.

While Bills fans are obviously being a little homeristic, I think when you consider some of the trades that happened around the league, we aren't that far off.

However, any Baltimore fan that demands more than a 1st round pick is being stupid, considering we could just sign him to an offer sheet and essentially trade our first rounder for him that way, at the maximum.

And asking for Jairus Byrd, a rookie who made the Pro Bowl despite not even playing all 16 games PLUS a 2nd round pick? That, to me, is like asking for a first and second rounder. Not even close to reasonable. Gaither is good, but he's not nearly as good as most people are making him out to be. He's simply an obvious upgrade for us because the rest of our LT's stink.

All I was doing was pointing out the irony of a Bills board calling out homers. It was nothing about the specifics of the discussion.

Of course asking for Byrd or McLovin is insane. But there's enough homerism here in general that no one should be throwing stones.

psubills62
05-09-2010, 09:36 PM
All I was doing was pointing out the irony of a Bills board calling out homers. It was nothing about the specifics of the discussion.

Of course asking for Byrd or McLovin is insane. But there's enough homerism here in general that no one should be throwing stones.

Yeah, sorry I went off on you, it was directed at people in general who thought trade proposals by Bills fans were very unrealistic.

I agree, there is definitely homerism on here.

However, some of the people calling certain trade scenarios homeristic are also the people who think we'll win 1-2 games next year. Now that means that our picks in the 3rd and 2nd rounds will be that much more valuable. If we happen to choose first overall next year (like some people think we will, ahem FTY), then our 2nd rounder will be pick #33. Is Gaither really worth #33 plus a good player?

While Gaither is good, he has had injury issues and work ethic issues. Some guys drop 2-3 rounds in the draft for those kinds of issues.

Some people also mentioned the value of an LT vs. a value of say...a safety or CB. But haven't recent contracts shown that CB's are nearly as valued as LT's are in the league? I would say McKelvin has proven just as much as Gaither has, and at the most, it should be a one for one swap.

patmoran2006
05-09-2010, 09:49 PM

I agree about your points and sentiments.

But the Bills can't just simply sign him to an offer sheet. That time period has elapsed. Acquiring him at this point must come via trade.

better days
05-09-2010, 09:57 PM

But the Bills can't just simply sign him to an offer sheet. That time period has elapsed. Acquiring him at this point must come via trade.

It would be CRAZY to give up a #1 for him anyway. As others have said, it should be a HIGH pick. I think a 2nd rnd pick from the Bills (high as it will be) is more than enough compensation for Gaither.

BertSquirtgum
05-09-2010, 10:50 PM
if it cost more than a 4th and mcgee, youboty, or corner. i would rather go with what we already have. i could see a 2nd for gaither straight up but would rather not do that deal.

jamze132
05-10-2010, 01:30 AM
You are high as a ****ing kite! Are you Mitchell55?

This guy has not proved yet that he is an elite LT. Granted he's good and better than whatever we have on the team now, but lets be serious? Why would you even offer an unproven guy that type of money? He is 24 years old. I would offer him a 4 year deal worth about $25M. He'll be 28 when the deal end and will be in line for a monster pay day if he turns out elite.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-10-2010, 01:50 AM
You are high as a ****ing kite! Are you Mitchell55?

This guy has not proved yet that he is an elite LT. Granted he's good and better than whatever we have on the team now, but lets be serious? Why would you even offer an unproven guy that type of money? He is 24 years old. I would offer him a 4 year deal worth about $25M. He'll be 28 when the deal end and will be in line for a monster pay day if he turns out elite.

name 10 LTS better than gaither... u cant he is a top 5 lt already... pay the man!

jake long
dbrick ferguson
michael oher
joe thomas
ryan clady
michael roos
jason peters
jordan gross...

that means gaither is at least the 9th best lt... pay him......

jamze132
05-10-2010, 01:54 AM
name 10 LTS better than gaither... u cant he is a top 5 lt already... pay the man!

jake long
dbrick ferguson
michael oher
joe thomas
ryan clady
michael roos
jason peters
jordan gross...

that means gaither is at least the 9th best lt... pay him......

:sigh:

SquishDaFish
05-10-2010, 04:14 AM
:roflmao: John your crazy

BertSquirtgum
05-10-2010, 07:12 AM
john, you need to study more football man.

DraftBoy
05-10-2010, 07:35 AM

You can't cite Holmes as setting the bar for a number of reasons;
1. WR's Value v. LT Value aren't near the same
2. Holmes was facing a suspension and had strikes against him

Holmes and Marshall help set the bar for the WR market but it will have little bearing on the LT market. The last true LT traded was Peters, what the Eagles paid is probably a little over what we will have to pay. We got a 1st, 4th and 6th the following year for Peters. Now obviously Gaither is less proven but anybody thinking that because of that he's going to get trade for crap is fooling themselves, and that is homerism that is as bad as Ravens fans asking for the world in return for Gaither.

DraftBoy
05-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Can we finally stop posting Joe Logan crap? I think he's proven himself more times than enough now to being an idiot and just makes crap up.

better days
05-10-2010, 08:15 AM

Holmes and Marshall help set the bar for the WR market but it will have little bearing on the LT market. The last true LT traded was Peters, what the Eagles paid is probably a little over what we will have to pay. We got a 1st, 4th and 6th the following year for Peters. Now obviously Gaither is less proven but anybody thinking that because of that he's going to get trade for crap is fooling themselves, and that is homerism that is as bad as Ravens fans asking for the world in return for Gaither.

I think the biggest difference between Peters & Gaither as far as value is Gaither is in the last year of his contract. If the Ravens don't make a deal this year, they will get nothing but a comp pick next year.

psubills62
05-10-2010, 08:59 AM

I think Holmes was the bottom of the barrel bargain, period, but it was just one example of a very good player being traded for less than what would be expected. I'd also expect Scheffler to get more than a 4th round pick, but he was moved for a 4th rounder also. I think it's reflective of the trade market in general, not just WR value vs. LT value.

Gaither was out with injuries last year, and supposedly has an injury now. I would say that hurts Gaither almost as much as Holmes's suspension hurt him. Gaither was out for 5 games last year - Holmes will be out for 4 games this year. Where's the difference there?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not arguing that Gaither should be traded for a 5th rounder or anything like that. My argument is mainly saying that most of the offers I've heard from Bills fans are more realistic than the trade scenarios from the Ravens' fans. From immediate recollection, the lowest trade offer I've heard from Bills fans was a 3rd rounder (which, as I mentioned, will probably be a HIGH 3rd rounder) plus Whitner. I personally think that's 10x more reasonable than McKelvin + a (high) 2nd rounder.

psubills62
05-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Ah, thanks, I didn't realize that.

I still believe that a 1st rounder should be THE MAX that the Bills trade, especially since it should end up being a high 1st rounder. I also have a feeling that if the Bills did end up offering their 2011 first rounder, Baltimore would take that in an INSTANT.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 09:16 AM

I still believe that a 1st rounder should be THE MAX that the Bills trade, especially since it should end up being a high 1st rounder. I also have a feeling that if the Bills did end up offering their 2011 first rounder, Baltimore would take that in an INSTANT.
There's no way the Bills give up a 2011 first round pick for Gaither, not with this QB class coming out, and the very likelyhood of it being a pick in the Top 10 (maybe top 5)

B-DON
05-10-2010, 09:19 AM

We better not give up a first rder for gaither

psubills62
05-10-2010, 09:26 AM
There's no way the Bills give up a 2011 first round pick for Gaither, not with this QB class coming out, and the very likelyhood of it being a pick in the Top 10 (maybe top 5)

That's why I consider it the absolute maximum the Bills would ever offer. I don't actually think they'll offer a first rounder, and I'd be upset if they did. I'm just saying that the best realistic scenario for the Ravens is to get a 1st rounder. Even that's a little iffy.

better days
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
That's why I consider it the absolute maximum the Bills would ever offer. I don't actually think they'll offer a first rounder, and I'd be upset if they did. I'm just saying that the best realistic scenario for the Ravens is to get a 1st rounder. Even that's a little iffy.

A potential top 5 pick a little iffy, for a player with a questionable work ethic & injured, playing out the last year of his contract, you think?

PIZ
05-10-2010, 11:14 AM
A potential top 5 pick a little iffy, for a player with a questionable work ethic & injured, playing out the last year of his contract, you think?

How about a #1 pick, unless it is a top 10 pick. If the Bills pick 11-32, then the pick goes to Baltimore. If the Bills pick top 10, then Baltimore gets their high second round pick.

Philagape
05-10-2010, 11:29 AM
No first-rounder under any circumstances. Gaither has not achieved the level I want from a first-round LT.

better days
05-10-2010, 11:54 AM
No first-rounder under any circumstances. Gaither has not achieved the level I want from a first-round LT.

I agree, I would rather take my chances on a rookie 1st rnd pick than a player that has known problems & will want to be PAID now. Will his problems disappear after he is paid? I don't think so. I would give up no more than a 2nd for him.

SquishDaFish
05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Guys on Sirius nflradio were saying they wouldnt be surprised if Buffalo got him in a deal by end of today but that they think they are trying to get other teams in the bidding. And they were just throwing out ideas from Buffalo end and sayin Balt wants or prob wants 2 secondary guys. So they were saying how about Youboty and Whitner for him. I think I would do it in a heartbeat.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-10-2010, 04:04 PM
would u guys rather keep picks and give up whitner and youboty for gaither straight up?

i would...

NOT THE DUDE...
05-10-2010, 04:05 PM
starting secondary would be

mcklovin
mcgee
wilson
byrd

backups

florence
corner
lankster

scott
harris

SquishDaFish
05-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Id do it in a heartbeat

NOT THE DUDE...
05-10-2010, 04:14 PM
would whitner be their starting ss? im guessing youboty would be their nickel/dime back... whitner has great value because he can drop down and cover the slot wr...

to be fair we might have to throw in a 5th??

Philagape
05-10-2010, 04:22 PM
would u guys rather keep picks and give up whitner and youboty for gaither straight up?

i would...

If I'm the Ravens, no way would I do that

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Why would ANY team desire Ashton Youboty?

B-DON
05-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Why would ANY team desire Ashton Youboty?
Or whitner for that matter

NOT THE DUDE...
05-10-2010, 05:08 PM
then give them a 2nd and a 6th and a 4th in 2012...

acehole
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THAT CURTAIN....for I have spoken...

Prov401
05-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Since about 70% of you on here wanted us to draft a franchise LT with our first round pick this year, would any of you be willing to trade next year's first, for Gaither? Just a question. I wouldn't, I'm just asking those who wanted us to draft an LT this year. It'll be like drafting Gaither with next year's first.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-10-2010, 08:15 PM
no, gaither is worth a 2nd and probably another late round pick...