PDA

View Full Version : What Adam Schefter told me about Gaither

patmoran2006
05-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Via email, I spoke to Adam Schefter regarding this Joe Logan site rumor about this trade being agreed upon. I don't have any sources or inside info about Gaither and a possible trade, but Adam Schefter, who first reported the story about Gaither, supposedly does.

Anyway. Regarding this "Bills Beat" report, he told me, and I quote.

"Not happening now. Maybe one day in future, but not now."

So take it for what it's worth.

DraftBoy
05-08-2010, 02:00 PM
That's all he told you?

patmoran2006
05-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Yes.. Word for word that's all he said.

DraftBoy
05-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes.. Word for word that's all he said.

Great...he told you the same thing he told some random person on Twitter.

I was hoping he would of at least given you a little more info.

Oh well, time to play the waiting game.

patmoran2006
05-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Great...he told you the same thing he told some random person on Twitter.

I was hoping he would of at least given you a little more info.

Oh well, time to play the waiting game.

I really don't think there is anything more to say regarding the subject. He's said the Bills "badly" want Gaither and a trade could happen before the season. The only thing he's saying right now is disputing this Bills Beat report's validity.

Per him, this "trade" hasn't happened. And regarding the story's author, I have never heard of Jimmy Mack or seen him at any game, practice or press conference. I have no idea who he is and if he's a legit reporter or some hack who'll report anything to get website hits. Dont know, don't know him.

DraftBoy
05-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I really don't think there is anything more to say regarding the subject. He's said the Bills "badly" want Gaither and a trade could happen before the season. The only thing he's saying right now is disputing this Bills Beat report's validity.

Per him, this "trade" hasn't happened. And regarding the story's author, I have never heard of Jimmy Mack or seen him at any game, practice or press conference. I have no idea who he is and if he's a legit reporter or some hack who'll report anything to get website hits. Dont know, don't know him.

Who gives a **** about Bills Beat? Its clearly crap, you know that and I know that. Schefter certainly shouldnt be wasting his time with them.

My questions are more about are the Bills more interested in Gaither or Brown. I dont give a **** about Joe Logan's stupid ass. How inclined are each team to make a move and what he thinks the cost of each would be.

patmoran2006
05-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I'll see if I can find out anything further, that's a good point.

X-Era
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Pat, this is not to question what Adam told you. But, here's what CB said at BB.com:

"There’s been widespread speculation that Gaither will be moved to another team soon via trade. Buffalo is one of the team’s reportedly interested (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/07/report-bills-want-gaither/) in the 24-year old left tackle."

I realize that its mere speculation, and even second hand speculation. But Brown makes it seem as if something could be happening soon. That seems to be a bit different than Shefters story.

In your opinion, would you say Shefter is leading you to think he wont be traded anytime soon?

Or is it simply something he didn't address... the timetable.

patmoran2006
05-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't know to be honest, I'm just passing along what the "insider" who first reported the Bills interest in Gaither said.

I have no idea who's right. I have attempted to find out more information through a direct source and to this point, I've gotten nowhere.

X-Era
05-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't know to be honest, I'm just passing along what the "insider" who first reported the Bills interest in Gaither said.

I have no idea who's right. I have attempted to find out more information through a direct source and to this point, I've gotten nowhere.

And I'm not trying to call anyone into question or play the game of this guy vs. that guy. It was more a question as to whether Adam was implying a trade would be a ways off, or if he simply hadn't heard anything at that point.

Actually, I think somethings brewing with Gaither. It could be hes disgruntled, or a trade is coming, and it may or may not be the Bills. But thats all speculation.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2010, 02:33 PM
remember this wasnt joe logan who reported it, it was someone named jimmy mack (which sounds like a fake name) ...lol i d k what to believe....

PromoTheRobot
05-08-2010, 03:29 PM
And yet this report has Schefter quoted saying Gaither is being held out of practice because of a pending trade. http://www.examiner.com/x-2962-Baltimore-Ravens-Examiner~y2010m5d8-Gaither-vs-Ravens-Let-the-battle-begin

Which is it, man??

PTR

patmoran2006
05-08-2010, 03:32 PM
And yet this report has Schefter quoted saying Gaither is being held out of practice because of a pending trade. http://www.examiner.com/x-2962-Baltimore-Ravens-Examiner~y2010m5d8-Gaither-vs-Ravens-Let-the-battle-begin

Which is it, man??

PTR

He denied saying that.

New Ro's Greatest
05-08-2010, 04:15 PM
The only people that really know what is going on with this issue is OBD and the Ravens front office. Period! GO BILLS:crazy:

Buddo
05-08-2010, 04:54 PM
It could well be that Gaither is not practising due to the trade issue, but it could be his agent holding him out, in case something develops, as opposed to the Ravens saying don't practise in case you get hurt.
There are all sorts of possibilities.
Could be that almost everyone is right... Gaither isn't practising because his agent told him not to, the Ravens are ok with that, as they are going to trade him. The Bills and Ravens could have agreed in principle to a 2nd rounder next year, for the trade to take place. But, the Ravens desperately want help at the CB position, and are eyeing what CBs we have, in trying to improve their roster, but also being prepared to take a slightly lower pick, but nobody can find an acceptable combination of player/pick for that to occur.
It could all also be wildly off the mark. ;)

patmoran2006
05-08-2010, 05:09 PM
It could well be that Gaither is not practising due to the trade issue, but it could be his agent holding him out, in case something develops, as opposed to the Ravens saying don't practise in case you get hurt.
There are all sorts of possibilities.
Could be that almost everyone is right... Gaither isn't practising because his agent told him not to, the Ravens are ok with that, as they are going to trade him. The Bills and Ravens could have agreed in principle to a 2nd rounder next year, for the trade to take place. But, the Ravens desperately want help at the CB position, and are eyeing what CBs we have, in trying to improve their roster, but also being prepared to take a slightly lower pick, but nobody can find an acceptable combination of player/pick for that to occur.
It could all also be wildly off the mark. ;)

well everyone can't be right because this Jimmy Mack guy wrote that the Bills have already agreed to principle in a trade for Gaither.

Prov401
05-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Wow, some of these Raven fans are dillusional. One thing I can say about us here on this site is we definitely have our homers and realists. But, most of us are very logical.

Most of these Raven fans are saying Gaither is worth McKelvin, Hardy, a 2nd and 6th. The common theme is McKelvin, but many of these dillusionalists are including a 2nd player. I saw Whitner and McKelvin with a 3rd for Gaither. Some even want our first and McKelvin.

Wow.

Buffalogic
05-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Yeah, they are idiots. It's ok

YardRat
05-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Schefter's name should be banned from the boards, or any posts related to him moved immediately to Spam. He's no more credible than patti.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2010, 08:12 PM
hey coach sal, u got anything??

Ebenezer
05-08-2010, 08:20 PM
If Baltimore wants to trade Gaither and the Bills want him then why is it taking so long?? Why? Because it is not happening. The longer this goes the less I believe it will happen.

Bosco
05-08-2010, 08:25 PM
If the Bills are interested, they most likely are trying to get a new contract in place before they make the trade.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
id be happy with either brown, bushrod, or gaither...

Nighthawk
05-08-2010, 08:35 PM
The more certain people's "sources" tell them something is going on, the less I believe it. I'll wait until somebody who has concrete evidence states something before getting excited about this situation.

YardRat
05-08-2010, 08:36 PM
If Baltimore wants to trade Gaither and the Bills want him then why is it taking so long?? Why? Because it is not happening. The longer this goes the less I believe it will happen.

I don't think you can completely dismiss the negotiating process.

Maybe they want McKelvin, but we would rather give up Corner or Youboty.
Maybe they want a first, but we want to give a second or third.

Also, Gaither most likely would have to be signed long term before the deal is consummated, and those details haven't been completely hammered out.

These things don't always happen overnight, if ever, unless you are in the middle of the draft.

jamze132
05-09-2010, 01:21 AM
And regarding the story's author, I have never heard of Jimmy Mack or seen him at any game, practice or press conference. I have no idea who he is and if he's a legit reporter or some hack who'll report anything to get website hits. Dont know, don't know him.

:scratch:

jamze132
05-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Just to quell some rumors about Gaither being held out of practice due to an impending trade...

Notes
Offensive tackle Jared Gaither did not practice Saturday, one day after being shifted to the right side. Oneil Cousins took the first-team snaps in his place. Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron said Gather was in the training room being treated for a variety of injuries. ... Also, offensive tackle Ramon Harewood, Baltimore's sixth-round pick, was carted off the field with a right knee injury. He described it as tissue damage and predicted he'd be back in three to four weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5173565

I have rich friends too...

Coach Sal
05-09-2010, 08:04 AM
hey coach sal, u got anything??

No. Just got home late last night from the State Track and Field Finals and started reading all this stuff.

I hadn't heard one thing before this. Not that it couldn't be true. It could.

And if Joe Logan or anyone else is right, I'll be the first one to say "Great Job!"

But I can promise all of you this:
I will never put a report out with my name on it unless I absolutely trust the source it is coming from and it adds something new to the discussion or story.

People who do otherwise make people like myself look horrible. We're not all the same, but in this medium, fans, bloggers, posters. etc. like to lump us all together, unfortunately.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2010, 08:17 AM
No. Just got home late last night from the State Track and Field Finals and started reading all this stuff.

I hadn't heard one thing before this. Not that it couldn't be true. It could.

And if Joe Logan or anyone else is right, I'll be the first one to say "Great Job!"

But I can promise all of you this:
I will never put a report out with my name on it unless I absolutely trust the source it is coming from and it adds something new to the discussion or story.

People who do otherwise make people like myself look horrible. We're not all the same, but in this medium, fans, bloggers, posters. etc. like to lump us all together, unfortunately.

its cool man...i understand...

Novacane
05-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Wow, some of these Raven fans are dillusional. One thing I can say about us here on this site is we definitely have our homers and realists. But, most of us are very logical.

Most of these Raven fans are saying Gaither is worth McKelvin, Hardy, a 2nd and 6th. The common theme is McKelvin, but many of these dillusionalists are including a 2nd player. I saw Whitner and McKelvin with a 3rd for Gaither. Some even want our first and McKelvin.

Wow.

Dillusional yes but there have been posters on this board with equally dillusional trade proposals going back to the Ravens. It's what many fans do. Overvalue thier players.

Philagape
05-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Soon we'll start hearing airport sightings.

Ed
05-10-2010, 11:40 AM
If the Bills are interested, they most likely are trying to get a new contract in place before they make the trade.
Exactly. The Bills aren't going to make a trade unless they have a long term contract in place. And we are all aware that contracts are complicated and negotiations can drag out. Plus, no trade can take place until Gaither signs his tender with the Ravens, and he's not going to do that unitl he knows a trade is in place and he has a long term contract waiting for him.

Things like this aren't going to happen immediately just because fans are impatient.

trapezeus
05-10-2010, 12:09 PM
should we care that the buffalo news quoted GM Ozzie Newsome as saying, "we have not had any serious trade offers for any of our players."?

i realize this could be a GM using the press to pass on to the other team that they want the price raised, but it sounds like this isn't really happening anytime soon.

jamze132
05-13-2010, 08:09 AM
We should be resigned to the fact that Bell, Merideth, and Wang will probably all share LT duties this year.

acehole
05-13-2010, 08:54 AM

I don't know...he has got a few things going for him.

1. He has got good size, good skill set and is young.
2. He can be gotten at a reasonable pick/player combo.
3. The Team we are trading with needs DB/CB which we have to spare.

Few things not.
1. Raven saw somthing in him they didnt want to build a future with or they would not have picked Oher.
2. He is rumored to have low work ethic and be lazy. (Opp of everything we just drafted.
3. He wants a big payday which is not usually not the bills MO.

I would think a 2nd and 5th is fine for a starting caliper LT.
I would think an incentive ladened deal would be the way
to go if said trade were to happen. Just because somthing
makes sense doent mean it will happen. I bet we get a pick
back anyway from a M Lynch deal.

I think it would make a statement to the fans and media that we want to build a winner and we are really really serious this time.

acehole
05-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Posturing? Me thinks?

Every GM/coach wants somthing vs nothing for a player they are going to lose anyway. I think the ravens blink here.

should we care that the buffalo news quoted GM Ozzie Newsome as saying, "we have not had any serious trade offers for any of our players."?

i realize this could be a GM using the press to pass on to the other team that they want the price raised, but it sounds like this isn't really happening anytime soon.

Mathja
05-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Didn't Jimmy Mack say he would "out" his source if this didn't happen? Not that i think it's a good idea to burn a bridge like that, but if you're going to put that in print on your website, you should back it up.

Mr. Miyagi
05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Didn't Jimmy Mack say he would "out" his source if this didn't happen? Not that i think it's a good idea to burn a bridge like that, but if you're going to put that in print on your website, you should back it up.
I can out his source right now.

Brian H.