PDA

View Full Version : Not just 'no'...'HELL NO !!!'

YardRat
05-09-2010, 11:34 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/389770-jamarcus-russell-could-be-worth-a-look-at

The Bills could be a team to take a look at Russell since they do not have a franchise quarterback.

http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/3562.html

The Buffalo Bills could be a destination for the former LSU star. Buffalo is starving to get a starting caliber signal caller, featuring a mix on that unit that is uninspiring.

Ingtar33
05-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Since when is Russell a "starting caliber" or "franchise" QB (lord knows i thought he was the worst QB to go in round 1 in decades when he was drafted)... considering our LT position he might be a "starting caliber" LT maybe, but QB?

That's both hilarious and sad.

THATHURMANATOR
05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Ing so you were very low on him coming out?
Couldn't remember if he was highly rated and just lost drive and focus or if he was just a reach.

FlyingDutchman
05-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Couldn't remember if he was highly rated and just lost drive and focus or if he was just a reach.

he was never a dominating force in college, although he was good (obviously). He was a big guy with a big arm and it was believed he had the physical tools to be something special. His workouts closer to the draft is what put him number 1. The kid could throw 70 yards from a knee. Id guess id say reach just bc he def wasnt the best player available but was taken bc it was a need. kinda how i feel about Bradford

Novacane
05-09-2010, 11:51 AM
We have enough bad QB's.

Dr. Lecter
05-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Meh.

Bring him in on a deal with no guaranteed money. If he does not put in the effort, cut him.

No risk and it is not like the team shouldn't take a long shot on him. Fitz, Trent and Brohm are not the answer.

FlyingDutchman
05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
also this is the bleacher report, just some dudes opinion...and i like how he says the bills could use a starting caliber QB...agreed, but when did Russell become starting caliber? last time i checked this guy is the biggest bust in NFL history

SquishDaFish
05-09-2010, 01:27 PM
If it was for league minimum and make him earn his money Id be all for it.

psubills62
05-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah, we really need an inaccurate QB that can't read defenses. Maybe he could hit Lee on an 80-yard bomb every third game.

That really worked out well the last time we had a QB like that, right?

Night Train
05-09-2010, 02:10 PM
the bleacher report..good freakin' God.

Why don't you just quote my kid saying " No " , after I find the cookie jar empty and crumbs all over her face.

No credibility at all.

YardRat
05-09-2010, 02:20 PM
lol...I knew tbr would get some negative feedback so I included the Raider one also.

Coach Sal
05-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Since when is Russell a "starting caliber" or "franchise" QB (lord knows i thought he was the worst QB to go in round 1 in decades when he was drafted)... considering our LT position he might be a "starting caliber" LT maybe, but QB?

That's both hilarious and sad.

Totally agree.

JaMarcus will always be considered a "bust" because he was the #1 overall pick and got paid so much, but the reality is the Raiders were the bust. This kid should have NEVER been drafted #1 overall. He was nothing close to an NFL franchise QB coming out of college.

Lane Kiffin was right (he wanted Calvin Johnson). Al Davis was wrong. I'm not throwing a pity party for JaMarcus, but he was never worthy of the situation he was put in in the first place.

Ingtar33
05-09-2010, 02:27 PM

I was stunned when he went in round 1 (let alone 1st overall) not round 3... he was never an impressive QB in college.

I thought leading into that draft that all the talk of Russell going in round one was just the talking heads spouting stupidity... because i couldn't remember a single game where i saw him play and thought "that's a pro QB"

I was stunned that year.

My 10 biggest surprises for 1st round QBs (since i started working in football) were

1) JaMarcus Russell
2) Tim Tibow
3) Kyle Boller
4) Akili Smith
5) Cade McNown
6) JP Losman
7) Rex Grosman
8) Carson Palmer* (i really blew that call... i thought he'd be a titanic bust)
9) Aaron Rodgers (I'm not willing to admit this was a blown call yet... i'm surprised he's been as successful as he's been though)
10) Mark Sanchez (I believe he'll be a disaster, we'll see)

(surprises as in i really didn't believe they would go in round 1 because i thought no NFL exec was drunk enough to take them in round 1)

HAMMER
05-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Not going to happen, stop wasting your breath, Nix and Gailey aren't dumb.

Scumbag College
05-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Bring him in!

THRILLHO
05-09-2010, 05:52 PM
lol...I knew tbr would get some negative feedback so I included the Raider one also.
Haha, I just adopted the policy in my signature yesterday, and I had to act on it already. I did notice the raider one however.

tampabay25690
05-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Imagine how much more weight he would gain in Buffalo............

DUFFS watch out..............

Slim
05-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Haha, I just adopted the policy in my signature yesterday, and I had to act on it already. I did notice the raider one however.

Yay for -1 rep power!

Mr. Miyagi
05-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Pure media garbage. This is as sure as Jimmy Clausen going to the Bills in Round 1. Totally manufactured by speculations.

THRILLHO
05-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Yay for -1 rep power!
Haha, hush. Its the principle.

jamze132
05-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Meh.

Bring him in on a deal with no guaranteed money. If he does not put in the effort, cut him.

No risk and it is not like the team shouldn't take a long shot on him. Fitz, Trent and Brohm are not the answer.
Like a scrub who just raped Oakland for millions and millions would ever come and play for a non-gauranteed contract.

**** him anyways, I don't want him on our team.

trapezeus
05-10-2010, 07:21 AM
if russell wants to be anyone in this league, he can't join a has been, non relevent team like buffalo. he needs to go to a team like indy and sit behind a great and shake off some of the negative vibes being thrown his way. if he goes to a bad team and is expected to be good, he'll continue to get hammered in the press and he'll go no where.

i dont think he has the tools to turn around in indy or a good team, but he'll buy himself some years on a good team. if he signs with a bad team, that will be his last stint in the NFL.

ddaryl
05-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Laughing my ****ing ass off...

internet journalism at it's best

buffalobillsfan95
05-10-2010, 10:34 AM
bring him in we need as much left tackles we can get.....

HHURRICANE
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/389770-jamarcus-russell-could-be-worth-a-look-at

http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/3562.html

Gailey thinks he has his starter for this year on his roster. No way Russell shows up here.

The media keeps putting QB as a "high priority" for the Bills even though we have continually said the opposite.