PDA

View Full Version : Vegas: Bills least favored to win AFC, most to land Russell

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Nearly all of the media and even the Buffalo Bills fans think the team contending in 2010 is a long shot. Las Vegas completely agrees.

Vegas Insider.com (http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/) has its 2010 NFL odds out and Buffalo is listed at 120/1 to be crowned Super Bowl XLV champions. Only the St. Louis Rams are a bigger underdog, listed at 150/1.

The Bills are a 60/1 long shot to win the AFC championship, the least-favored team in the conference.

Indianapolis is the betting pick to win the Super Bowl at 13/2. Dallas and New Orleans are tied for second at 8 to 1.

In sticking with the Vegas odds theme, bodog.com (http://sports.bodog.com/sports-betting/football-player-props.jsp) has the Bills co-favored with the Arizona Cardinals at 7/ 2 to sign recently released quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

(We’ll bet against that)

TigerJ
05-10-2010, 09:34 AM
My bet is that JaMarcus Russell will be bagging groceries when the $37 million runs out.

FlyingDutchman
05-10-2010, 09:35 AM
only 60 to 1? wow thats better than i thought

cocamide
05-10-2010, 09:45 AM
only 60 to 1? wow thats better than i thought

Seriously. If we were able to play this next season sixty times, there's no way that we win the Super Bowl in one of them.

jamze132
05-10-2010, 09:53 AM
I'll take that bet on Russell.

Cleve
05-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Oh great. I"m amazed the team is such a joke from a competitive standpoint, given our "Hall of Fame" owner and all.

RockStar36
05-10-2010, 10:17 AM
People shouldn't even make jokes about Russell. I can't even put into words how awful that decision would be.

OpIv37
05-10-2010, 10:18 AM
If we land Russell, I will puke. And I don't mean that in a figurative sense. I will literally feel so physically ill that my body will respond by forcibly expunging the contents of my stomach.

ptd86
05-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I don't want Russell either, but does it even matter if we sign Russell and cut Fitz? I think it would make no difference to this team.

OpIv37
05-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't want Russell either, but does it even matter if we sign Russell and cut Fitz? I think it would make no difference to this team.

Honestly, no.

But if this FO were to sign Russell in any capacity, it would destroy whatever little faith I have in them. It should be obvious at this point that he's damaged goods. One Raider reject per off-season is more than enough.

ddaryl
05-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Seriously. If we were able to play this next season sixty times, there's no way that we win the Super Bowl in one of them.

WTF?

How do you figure....If in 60 years we haven't pulled ourselves out of this funk with a better team the team won't be residing anywheres close to Buffalo in 5 years...

We might not be very competitive this year in transistion, but I do not subscribe to this belief. In fact if I ever did post this, it would be my last post ever as a fan of the Buffalo Bills.I couldn't possibly be a fan of a team that I do not believe can get its crap together eventually

The Spaz
05-10-2010, 10:42 AM
The Bills will not sign Russell and I don't think any team will until they see that he is dedicated to the NFL.

ddaryl
05-10-2010, 10:47 AM
The Bills will not sign Russell and I don't think any team will until they see that he is dedicated to the NFL.

I agree. I laugh at these reports about the Bills being a destination for Russel because we didn't draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2 this year :bike:

cocamide
05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
WTF?

How do you figure....If in 60 years we haven't pulled ourselves out of this funk with a better team the team won't be residing anywheres close to Buffalo in 5 years...

We might not be very competitive this year in transistion, but I do not subscribe to this belief. In fact if I ever did post this, it would be my last post ever as a fan of the Buffalo Bills.I couldn't possibly be a fan of a team that I do not believe can get its crap together eventually

I was merely saying that we wouldn't win one Super Bowl if we were able to replay the next season sixty times. I wasn't saying that the Bills won't win a Super Bowl within the next sixty years. See the distinction?

FlyingDutchman
05-10-2010, 10:50 AM

yeah i think even if it was a dollar to win 1 thousand, i would still have a tough time parting ways with that dollar

ddaryl
05-10-2010, 10:53 AM
I was merely saying that we wouldn't win one Super Bowl if we were able to replay the next season sixty times. I wasn't saying that the Bills won't win a Super Bowl within the next sixty years. See the distinction?

Yes I understood you... and I say the Bills will be able to beat this seasons schedule eventually and win a superbowl.

Now if you wanted to balance out your thoughts you could say the Bills can play St Louis, Detroit, and all the worst teams in the league this season and still not win the superbowl then I can agree. This years team is not ready for primetime....

BUT if the coaching turns out to be an improvement, and Nix finds guys that want to play and stay in Buffalo we'll be capable of going to the Superbowl playing the hardest schedule in the league in 3-7 years. :bullseye:

I just took your post as this team will suck for 60 years

Philagape
05-10-2010, 11:07 AM

Fitz >>>>>>>>>>>>> Russell

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I will burn all my Bills jerseys and merchandise right on YouTube and send it to Ralph if we sign Russell.

Jan Reimers
05-10-2010, 01:28 PM
We could have had Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy, a couple of bright kids with at least the potential to succeed in the NFL. Why the Hell would we take a lazy, stupid slug who doesn't give a crap?

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I agree. I laugh at these reports about the Bills being a destination for Russel because we didn't draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2 this year :bike:

They would laughable, but I haven't seen any reports linked to Russell. Those were simply "Vegas Odds" people can bet on right now.

jamesiscool
05-10-2010, 01:47 PM
We could have had Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy, a couple of bright kids with at least the potential to succeed in the NFL. Why the Hell would we take a lazy, stupid slug who doesn't give a crap?

same reason he got drafted first overall, because he can throw a ball 70 yards from his knees. duh!

Jan Reimers
05-10-2010, 01:49 PM
same reason he got drafted first overall, because he can throw a ball 70 yards from his knees. duh!
With our O-line, that would be a great attribute.

trapezeus
05-10-2010, 02:04 PM
bringing russell in will totally discredit all the good work buddy nix and co have done to this point.

LtFinFan66
05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Seriously. If we were able to play this next season sixty times, there's no way that we win the Super Bowl in one of them.it's 120-1 to WIN the SB not 60-1

OpIv37
05-10-2010, 02:20 PM
bringing russell in will totally discredit all the good work buddy nix and co have done to this point.

I agree it would discredit them, but what good work?

Going into this off-season, we had huge holes at QB, OT, NT, and WR, and secondary holes at 3-4 DE and LB.

Now, I realize we're in a full-fledged rebuilding mode and it would have been damn near impossible to address all the holes and build a contender. But they didn't properly address ANY of the 4 biggest needs. Even if you accept Troup as the starting NT, one NT won't get us through a season, and right now Troup is the only one on the roster.

trapezeus
05-10-2010, 03:08 PM
they could have taken a reach at 9 and we would be sitting here 6 months from now wondering why we took some reach of an OT when spiller was sitting there at our pick.

This front office made the first right decision in 9 years and admitted, "we aren't that good. we aren't one player away."

I also wonder if the bills are highly ranked to take russell only because everyone else is set. if there isn't a category of "out of the league" then it makes sense that the bills are high on the list to take him. if there is a out of the league option, i would guess that would be the leading money position.

OpIv37
05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
they could have taken a reach at 9 and we would be sitting here 6 months from now wondering why we took some reach of an OT when spiller was sitting there at our pick.

This front office made the first right decision in 9 years and admitted, "we aren't that good. we aren't one player away."

I understand that argument. I just don't understand the complete lack of attention to the 4 biggest holes in both the draft and FA. At DE and ILB, he saw the holes and brought in some stopgaps in Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis- I just don't understand why he didn't do the same thing for OT, NT and WR (I'll give him a pass on QB due to limited options).

YardRat
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
What are the odds to make the playoffs?

trapezeus
05-10-2010, 04:33 PM
What are the odds to make the playoffs?

none, vegas, when i was there last time, did not have a "make the playoffs" bet available at most desks. it was either win the superbowl or win the AFC East. and last couple years it was 80-1 odds, so even though we go rid of a GM by committee and a top 5 most losing-est coach in league history, the odds have gotten worse.

I understand that. but i'm more bullish on this team than i have been for years simply because the Front office now seems to be operating from a real plan.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Vegas is wrong.
The Bills aren't interested in JaMarcus Russell.

alnilla
05-10-2010, 05:13 PM
where do you see you can bet on Russel going to the bills i cant find it???

starrymessenger
05-10-2010, 05:48 PM

You are right. Jamarcus, Fitz and a stuffed toy animal - bottom line they are all the same.

TheBrownBear
05-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I'd drop a Benjamin on the Bills. Help pay off a nice chunk of student loans. :)

Historian
05-12-2010, 12:21 PM
It's come to this....us and the St Louis Sheep are the joke of the NFL.

They must have missed the Jauron 7-9 trifecta.

Man, this hurts.

better days
05-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I understand that argument. I just don't understand the complete lack of attention to the 4 biggest holes in both the draft and FA. At DE and ILB, he saw the holes and brought in some stopgaps in Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis- I just don't understand why he didn't do the same thing for OT, NT and WR (I'll give him a pass on QB due to limited options).

Wait until training camp is over. I think you will see more players brought in before the season starts.

mightysimi
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
I read that Cincy is looking at him. Ocho Cinco put I'll see you at mini camp Jamarcus on Twitter. Now who knows if there is any truth to that but if there is one team that will take rejects, it's the Bengals.