• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Some info on Aaron Schobel

While it doesn’t automatically mean his career in Buffalo is over, I can confirm that Buffalo Bills defensive star Aaron Schobel has sold his Orchard Park home.

The Buffalo News listed the property on their transactions page Monday and I can confirm through a representative at the real estate firm that sold the house that the property belonged to Schobel and has been sold.

According to my source the house was put on the market in late December of 2009 and was purchased and closed on in early April of this year, even though it wasn’t listed in official transactions until today. The source also said that Schobel hasn’t asked about the availability of any homes in the area to purchase.

The same source who’s very close to Schobel insists that the Buffalo Bill truly still hasn’t decided if he’s going to play again or not in 2010.

“His wife and three kids lived in the Orchard Park home and are moving back to Texas. If Aaron plays the family is going to stay behind in Texas.”

The home sold featured three bedrooms and two baths over nearly 2,400 square feet.

This doesn’t mean for sure Schobel’s days playing for Buffalo are over. For the moment, it only signifies his days as a Western New York homeowner are finished.

Schobel has yet to announce whether he will continue playing or retire after being with the organization since being drafted in 2001. During that time he’s amassed 78 career sacks, second-most in franchise history. He also forced 21 fumbles and three interceptions.

Schobel has hinted at retirement before. His family lives in Texas where he was born and raised and he’s made no secret of his desire to move back home. He’s battled injuries in recent years and hasn’t commented publicly about the Bills schematic switch to a 3-4 defense this year.

If Schobel returns he’ll be moved to outside linebacker after spending the first nine years of his career at defensive end.

If he retires there will likely be a competition between Chris Kelsay and Chris Ellis to start alongside Aaron Maybin this season.

Sources I spoke to insist they don’t know if Schobel plans on playing or retiring, but admit the recent real estate transaction doesn’t look bode well for his future as a Buffalo Bill. Of course, he can still continue playing and rent a home during the season.

Schobel is under contract through 2013 and will earn $6.025 million in salary next season if he plays, which is fully guaranteed.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • BloFan4Life
    • Dec 2009

Re: Some info on Aaron Schobel

I didn't need a source and I could have told you all that. In an interview back in December someone asked him if putting his house for sale had anything to do with him retiring and he said no, his family had planned to move to Texas for quite sometime now. Stop acting like you have a source or any new information. This info has been available since December.

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Pretty sure he said he would be living in TX full time whether he came back or not.
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by hydrosmak
        Pretty sure he said he would be living in TX full time whether he came back or not.
        He Did

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BloFan4Life
          I didn't need a source and I could have told you all that. In an interview back in December someone asked him if putting his house for sale had anything to do with him retiring and he said no, his family had planned to move to Texas for quite sometime now. Stop acting like you have a source or any new information. This info has been available since December.
          LOL.. yeah because players never change statements or minds over a FIVE MONTH period.

And for everyone of you that "already knew" there are hundreds that don't. I didn't post this story for BloFan4Life.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Pat, this was news 4 months ago.

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              LOL.. yeah because players never change statements or minds over a FIVE MONTH period.

And for everyone of you that "already knew" there are hundreds that don't. I didn't post this story for BloFan4Life.
              Whether or not he changed his mind has nothing to do with this. He had planned on selling his house and living in Texas. This had no bearing on him playing football this season.
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Thanks for the memories, enjoy your family and retirement.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

I don't mean to bust balls, but you've been reaching lately Pat. Wayyy reaching. There's nothing wrong with no news, but when you post garbage like this, it makes you look like a hack.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

I think if you are guaranteed $6.5 million I think he will come back 1 more year....
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Schobel.... Make a decision and make it now...

I take his silence as a strong indication that he should just retire... If you have to think about it then your heart is just not in it.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        I don't mean to bust balls, but you've been reaching lately Pat. Wayyy reaching. There's nothing wrong with no news, but when you post garbage like this, it makes you look like a hack.
                        Did you know his house was actually sold and when it was sold? and I did speak with someone both connected to the house sold and Schobel himself about if he's made a decision as recently as this morning.

And for the record; not everything published is intended to be 60 Minutes Documentary worthy.

BTW, not directed to you personally.
                        Last edited by patmoran2006; 05-10-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

Was it "known" before today that it was actually sold? No. Therefore, it's news.
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                            Was it "known" before today that it was actually sold? No. Therefore, it's news.
                            Sure but it is irrelevant to his status with the team. So why do we care?
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              The home sold featured three bedrooms and two baths over nearly 2,400 square feet.
                              That's a very modest home for a multi-millionaire and his family.

Comment

Working...
                              X