PDA

View Full Version : Some info on Aaron Schobel

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 03:03 PM
While it doesn’t automatically mean his career in Buffalo is over, I can confirm that Buffalo Bills defensive star Aaron Schobel has sold his Orchard Park home.

The Buffalo News listed the property on their transactions page (http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/10/1045626/erie-county-real-estate-transactions.html) Monday and I can confirm through a representative at the real estate firm that sold the house that the property belonged to Schobel and has been sold.

According to my source the house was put on the market in late December of 2009 and was purchased and closed on in early April of this year, even though it wasn’t listed in official transactions until today. The source also said that Schobel hasn’t asked about the availability of any homes in the area to purchase.

The same source who’s very close to Schobel insists that the Buffalo Bill truly still hasn’t decided if he’s going to play again or not in 2010.

“His wife and three kids lived in the Orchard Park home and are moving back to Texas. If Aaron plays the family is going to stay behind in Texas.”

The home sold featured three bedrooms and two baths over nearly 2,400 square feet.

This doesn’t mean for sure Schobel’s days playing for Buffalo are over. For the moment, it only signifies his days as a Western New York homeowner are finished.

Schobel has yet to announce whether he will continue playing or retire after being with the organization since being drafted in 2001. During that time he’s amassed 78 career sacks, second-most in franchise history. He also forced 21 fumbles and three interceptions.

Schobel has hinted at retirement before. His family lives in Texas where he was born and raised and he’s made no secret of his desire to move back home. He’s battled injuries in recent years and hasn’t commented publicly about the Bills schematic switch to a 3-4 defense this year.

If Schobel returns he’ll be moved to outside linebacker after spending the first nine years of his career at defensive end.

If he retires there will likely be a competition between Chris Kelsay and Chris Ellis to start alongside Aaron Maybin this season.

Sources I spoke to insist they don’t know if Schobel plans on playing or retiring, but admit the recent real estate transaction doesn’t look bode well for his future as a Buffalo Bill. Of course, he can still continue playing and rent a home during the season.

Schobel is under contract through 2013 and will earn $6.025 million in salary next season if he plays, which is fully guaranteed.

BloFan4Life
05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I didn't need a source and I could have told you all that. In an interview back in December someone asked him if putting his house for sale had anything to do with him retiring and he said no, his family had planned to move to Texas for quite sometime now. Stop acting like you have a source or any new information. This info has been available since December.

hydro
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Pretty sure he said he would be living in TX full time whether he came back or not.

Jaybird
05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Pretty sure he said he would be living in TX full time whether he came back or not.

He Did

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I didn't need a source and I could have told you all that. In an interview back in December someone asked him if putting his house for sale had anything to do with him retiring and he said no, his family had planned to move to Texas for quite sometime now. Stop acting like you have a source or any new information. This info has been available since December.

LOL.. yeah because players never change statements or minds over a FIVE MONTH period.

And for everyone of you that "already knew" there are hundreds that don't. I didn't post this story for BloFan4Life.

Forward_Lateral
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Pat, this was news 4 months ago.

hydro
05-10-2010, 03:22 PM
LOL.. yeah because players never change statements or minds over a FIVE MONTH period.

And for everyone of you that "already knew" there are hundreds that don't. I didn't post this story for BloFan4Life.

Whether or not he changed his mind has nothing to do with this. He had planned on selling his house and living in Texas. This had no bearing on him playing football this season.

YardRat
Thanks for the memories, enjoy your family and retirement.

Forward_Lateral
I don't mean to bust balls, but you've been reaching lately Pat. Wayyy reaching. There's nothing wrong with no news, but when you post garbage like this, it makes you look like a hack.

tampabay25690
I think if you are guaranteed $6.5 million I think he will come back 1 more year....

ddaryl
05-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Schobel.... Make a decision and make it now...

I take his silence as a strong indication that he should just retire... If you have to think about it then your heart is just not in it.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't mean to bust balls, but you've been reaching lately Pat. Wayyy reaching. There's nothing wrong with no news, but when you post garbage like this, it makes you look like a hack.
Did you know his house was actually sold and when it was sold? and I did speak with someone both connected to the house sold and Schobel himself about if he's made a decision as recently as this morning.

And for the record; not everything published is intended to be 60 Minutes Documentary worthy.

BTW, not directed to you personally.

MikeInRoch
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Was it "known" before today that it was actually sold? No. Therefore, it's news.

hydro
05-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Was it "known" before today that it was actually sold? No. Therefore, it's news.

Sure but it is irrelevant to his status with the team. So why do we care?

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
The home sold featured three bedrooms and two baths over nearly 2,400 square feet.
That's a very modest home for a multi-millionaire and his family.

MikeInRoch
05-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Are you kidding? It's the NFL. EVERYTHING is relevant!

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 03:41 PM

Nothing pleases everybody, I'm aware of that.

I heard months ago he was going to sell his house as well, but until now I didn't know that he actually did.

It's odd because it wasnt listed until today in transactions, but I found out that his house actually closed on April 1. He put it on the market in December of 2009.

And a person very close to him who was involved in the transaction claims Schobel still doesn't know if he's going to play, which is definitely not breaking news of any sort-- but it is at least note-worthy as its as recent as today.

Philagape
05-10-2010, 03:49 PM

Since the board has a heart attack because Jared Gaither has a sore foot, anything is fair game. He's not even a Bill.

Selling the house is news, but more like an "oh by the way" update brief.

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2010, 03:50 PM
And a person very close to him who was involved in the transaction claims Schobel still doesn't know if he's going to play, which is definitely not breaking news of any sort-- but it is at least note-worthy as its as recent as today.
Favre Jr.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Favre Jr.

Honestly, I think in essence that's what he is doing too. Maybe I'm in the minority and I PROMISE that I haven't gotten anything "inside" from anyone I've spoken with, but at the end of the day I do think he's going to end up playing, after missing as much of the workout and camp stuff as the team will allow.

Thief
05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Schobel is under contract through 2013 and will earn $6.025 million in salary next season if he plays, which is fully guaranteed.Do you have a link on that? I believe you are wrong.

SquishDaFish
05-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I didnt even know the house was up for sale. So thank you Pat for the news. Ignore the haters

NOT THE DUDE...
05-10-2010, 04:17 PM
its time for aaron maybin to step up, its his 2nd year and we are counting on him to be our #1 pass rusher... time to move on and see what we have in the younger guys...

SquishDaFish
05-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Yea but Schobel and Maybin on the OLB position would be nice.

TrEd FTW
05-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Schobel.... Make a decision and make it now...

I take his silence as a strong indication that he should just retire... If you have to think about it then your heart is just not in it.

Brett Favre had to think about it a year ago. All he did was come back and throw 33 TDs.

If Schobel actually walks away from over $6 million, he's truly a rare breed. I don't see him retiring.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Like Miyagi said on here earlier, my gut feeling right now is that he's pulling a Favre on the Bills.

That's just a complete gut feeling at this time.

camelcowboy
05-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I forgot schobel was on the team

Thief
05-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Like Miyagi said on here earlier, my gut feeling right now is that he's pulling a Favre on the Bills.

That's just a complete gut feeling at this time.Since you chose to ignore my question, I will just tell you that I believe you miss read this rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2297) article. I was not hating on you, I just thought since you were writing articles you may want to be accurate.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Since you chose to ignore my question, I will just tell you that I believe you miss read this rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2297) article. I was not hating on you, I just thought since you were writing articles you may want to be accurate.
He was already paid his $2 million roster bonus and is scheduled to make the $6.025 salary in 2010. What is inaccurate about it?

BillsWin
05-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Well, we already knew his family was moving back to Texas no matter what his decision was. He said that following the 2009 season if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks none-the-less Pat. BTW, they do NOT like you over at BBMB. One poster in a thread (not even related to you, or your sources or even a rumor in general went as far as to say Joe Logan has more credibility than you. Which is laughable.) Morons.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Well, we already knew his family was moving back to Texas no matter what his decision was. He said that following the 2009 season if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks none-the-less Pat. BTW, they do NOT like you over at BBMB. One poster in a thread (not even related to you, or your sources or even a rumor in general went as far as to say Joe Logan has more credibility than you. Which is laughable.) Morons.
Comes with the territory, not a big deal to me.

BloFan4Life
05-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Comes with the territory, not a big deal to me.

It should be a big deal to you. Do you understand how reporters make it? They rely on fans just like sports and players do. If no one is reading your stories, you will be on the unemployment line. By you making your own site and trying to rely on that for money, you need people to like you so they visit your site and you get hits. The more hits the more money to be made on ads. By people hating you, your site will go no where. Just a little FWI

SquishDaFish
05-10-2010, 05:15 PM
It should be a big deal to you. Do you understand how reporters make it? They rely on fans just like sports and players do. If no one is reading your stories, you will be on the unemployment line. By you making your own site and trying to rely on that for money, you need people to like you so they visit your site and you get hits. The more hits the more money to be made on ads. By people hating you, your site will go no where. Just a little FWI

Sorry to burst your hating bubble but he is getting hits and most like and appreciate his work. You are in a minority HATER

SquishDaFish
05-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Now get off his nuts

Thief
05-10-2010, 05:17 PM
He was already paid his $2 million roster bonus and is scheduled to make the $6.025 salary in 2010. What is inaccurate about it?It is not "guaranteed".

Oaf
05-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Did you know his house was actually sold and when it was sold? and I did speak with someone both connected to the house sold and Schobel himself about if he's made a decision as recently as this morning.

And for the record; not everything published is intended to be 60 Minutes Documentary worthy.

BTW, not directed to you personally.
Besides, I didn't know this, and it's not like I've been living under a rock as a Bills fan or anything.

Would Schobel consider not retiring for a different team (i.e. trade value)?

tomz
05-10-2010, 05:38 PM

Wow, that is ridiculous. Is there something wrong with your life?

I am sure that he knows all that. He is just trying to put stuff out there. Better than many of the threads that come through.

Get over yourself, smart guy.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 05:40 PM

I'm not going to get into this on a public thread because it's about Billszone and the threads on it, not what I do for a living. I'll just assure that I have a solid understanding of business aspect of things.

I'd be glad to pick up this conversation in an email or PM or something else though, but I'm not going to get into things like that on this message board, it's disrespectful.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 05:41 PM
It is not "guaranteed".
And you know this how? Do you have a link?

I"m not saying you're wrong, maybe I am. But I have heard and read from places other than rotoworld that his base salary is guaranteed.

If you're correct, I'll glady edit it.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
This wasn't news to a lot of people, but evidently it was to enough to make it to ESPN.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/13587/still-silent-schobel-sells-buffalo-area-home

Although I honestly am not ready to think he's retiring just yet. I do agree he said he was selling his house some time ago. Just didn't learn he actually did it until now.

I'm pretty sure I'm with most of ya when saying one or the other, just make a damn decision.

SquishDaFish
05-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Maybe BloFan4life can go complain to ESPN that everyone already knew this? :lmao: What a clown

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 06:22 PM
I will admit very openly and honestly that there are people in here who know far more about the Bills going-ons than I do.

I didn't know he sold his house until I got a tip, and Im not talking about the Bflo News transaction page because that was inaccurate on two accounts (price and date sold)

jimbohastle51
05-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I will admit very openly and honestly that there are people in here who know far more about the Bills going-ons than I do.

I didn't know he sold his house until I got a tip, and Im not talking about the Bflo News transaction page because that was inaccurate on two accounts (price and date sold)

truth be told at the end of the day he is playing. owning a house or not he is playing. he is not walking away from over 6 million guaranteed. your right that he is just going to miss as much as they let him before he reports. he will show up probably half way threw camp and make a easy 6 million. and ya know what? he is the only player on this team that has done anything to warrant that respect, not too mention that he is the best available option at his position. the ball is in schobels court and a cant blame him for dribbling it before he shoots.

TacklingDummy
05-10-2010, 07:03 PM
According to a post on the BBMB, Schobel just sold his house in OP.

CTBills broke this story at 2:02 today. Way to run with it. :clap:

Thief
05-10-2010, 07:11 PM
And you know this how? Do you have a link?

I"m not saying you're wrong, maybe I am. But I have heard and read from places other than rotoworld that his base salary is guaranteed.

If you're correct, I'll glady edit it.I don't care if you re-write it. If you don't care your article is inaccurate, why would I? I was just trying to help you. Do the math. If you're right, basically his entire contract is guaranteed. But here is a link. I guess you don't know me from Eve, so I don't mind you not believing me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2990278

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't care if you re-write it. If you don't care your article is inaccurate, why would I? I was just trying to help you. Do the math. If you're right, basically his entire contract is guaranteed. But here is a link. I guess you don't know me from Eve, so I don't mind you not believing me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2990278

I never said I don't believe, and anyone can be right or wrong.

To my knowledge his salary this year is guaranteed, if he plays. I remember asking around because a few months ago I was looking to find out what kind of savings would be had if he were to be dealt.

Mike in Syracuse
05-10-2010, 07:46 PM

It was reported early this morning on another message board.

patmoran2006
05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
A transaction was, nothing else. And it was inaccurate at that; both the selling price and when the house was sold. It was listed in transactions May 10, the house was closed and official on April 1st, and it also sold for less than what is listed.

SquishDaFish
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Dont bother explaining yourself to the Haters Pat

TacklingDummy
05-10-2010, 08:40 PM
It was reported 2 hours earlier on THIS message board also.

BertSquirtgum
05-10-2010, 09:07 PM
i wish he would ****ing retire already. let us move on with our youth movement.

BloFan4Life
05-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Sorry to burst your hating bubble but he is getting hits and most like and appreciate his work. You are in a minority HATER

Hahahaha, getting hits, where???

http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.buffalosportsdaily.com

I think I get more hits on my facebook page, lol.

He generates 5.44 a day. Nice, I could return bottles for more.

Speaking of getting off people's nuts, I think you are the one all over Moran's testicular region.

Spiderweb
05-10-2010, 11:49 PM

Pat, the issue is that your post inferred this was something new. All it was was a the end of what he said months ago.

Your scoops have become less and less so as time goes forward.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2010, 04:24 AM

Speaking of getting off people's nuts, I think you are the one all over Moran's testicular region.

:roflmao: Your pathetic. We call people like you jealous stalkers.

jamze132
05-11-2010, 05:39 AM
:popcorn:

patmoran2006
05-11-2010, 10:21 AM

LMAO.. C'mon dude.

First of all, I get a lot more than 1,237 visitors per day, I get that in 4 hours. I also notice that google page was last updated 185 days ago, which is nearly 6 months. I've only been around for 9 months.

Secondly, I dont depend on Google Ads to make money, We sell direct packages to local clients.

Thanks for your concern though.

BTW, your post sounds very BBMB'ish to me.. This is Billszone my man. Let's stick to talking football.

BlackMetalNinja
05-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Now get off his nutsThis is the funniest post I've read in days

RockStar36
05-11-2010, 11:07 AM
This is the funniest post I've read in days

Irony at it's finest.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Irony at it's finest.

And your a Mod?? Wow

RockStar36
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
And your a Mod?? Wow

So is BMN, what's your point?

SquishDaFish
05-11-2010, 03:09 PM
My point exactly

RockStar36
05-11-2010, 03:23 PM
My point exactly

I had no idea that pointing out irony was against TOS.

I'll go turn myself in right now.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Just forget it Rockstar you guys are immune and are allowed to say and do what you want.

hydro
05-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Just forget it Rockstar you guys are immune and are allowed to say and do what you want.

As they should. I believe that is a right.

BloFan4Life
05-11-2010, 10:37 PM
LMAO.. C'mon dude.

First of all, I get a lot more than 1,237 visitors per day, I get that in 4 hours. I also notice that google page was last updated 185 days ago, which is nearly 6 months. I've only been around for 9 months.

Secondly, I dont depend on Google Ads to make money, We sell direct packages to local clients.

Thanks for your concern though.

BTW, your post sounds very BBMB'ish to me.. This is Billszone my man. Let's stick to talking football.

Wow, you think I am dumb or something.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x235/doggy2080/buffalosportsdaily.jpg

Ads by google in the bottom corner.

I highly doubt you get more than 1,000 vistors per day. I know a lot of buffalo sports fan and they have no idea your website even exists. Stop lying because I will just check it.

SquishDaFish
05-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Blofan4life get a damn life you stalker

BlackMetalNinja
05-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Just forget it Rockstar you guys are immune and are allowed to say and do what you want.You should really get the sand out of there, it could cause an infection or something...

hydro
05-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Wow, you think I am dumb or something.

Ads by google in the bottom corner.

I highly doubt you get more than 1,000 vistors per day. I know a lot of buffalo sports fan and they have no idea your website even exists. Stop lying because I will just check it.

Are you dense or something? He said that he DOESN'T RELY ON THEM. He didn't say he didn't have google ads. HE DOESN'T RELY FINANCIAL ON THEM! Now stop with the petty fued you have with Pat because it just makes you look like a bumbling fool.

jamze132
05-12-2010, 09:26 AM
This is better than watching videos of INS being blown up by Hellfire missiles!