X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Gailey Believes in a Dolphins Type Turnaround

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- It's only spring, and the Buffalo Bills' 2010 season is already being written off as a disaster.

Look at just about any review of the Bills' offseason. The team has been pummeled for not making even a ripple, let alone a splash, in free agency. Its draft has drawn mostly low grades for failing to address one of two crucial needs -- quarterback and offensive tackle -- in the early rounds.

By most accounts, the rest of the AFC East improved while the Bills did no better than stand still. That isn't exactly a good thing for a team that finished 6-10 and hasn't made the playoffs for the last 10 years.

"They're looking at us to win only a couple of games," wide receiver Steve Johnson said. "That's like a slap in the face."

Click for more:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

• WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: Gailey Believes in a Dolphins Type Turnaround

Toughness and physicality is key, this is what we've lacked and sorely missed the last 4 years. From day one this was my biggest beef with Jauron, he formed soft passive teams.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Of course he believes in a miracle turnaround. He makes several million a year to believe in one.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

Wait, now he is looking for a quick turn around ? I thought he said this was gonna take time. Couple years to right the ship ? Build throgh the draft ? Gonna take more than one draft ?
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• homeslice5484
          • Jul 2008

He has always said you have to believe you can win every game...and play to WIN the game. He also said "I don't hope to win, I expect to win" and has said that since day one.

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

I guess it depends on what clip you saw.
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• homeslice5484
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Billz_fan
              I guess it depends on what clip you saw.
              I think you are refering to Nix saying its going to take years, every time I have heard Gailey talk, twice in person, he has restated what I wrote above.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

I guess I don't have to wait until 7pm now.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by homeslice5484
                  I think you are refering to Nix saying its going to take years, every time I have heard Gailey talk, twice in person, he has restated what I wrote above.

So does that mean it's ok to hold Gailey accountable this year if the team stinks ? Or if I or others call him on performance is everyone going to tell me this is only his first year and this is going to take time ? Just asking
                  The Polian Curse

Comment

• homeslice5484
                    • Jul 2008

So does that mean it's ok to hold Gailey accountable this year if the team stinks ? Or if I or others call him on performance is everyone going to tell me this is only his first year and this is going to take time ? Just asking
                    I honestly don't know what to think. Gailey I think has to say this for his team to believe...unlike Jauron who "hoped" to win every game and played down to the level of bad teams and was just manhandled by good teams to keep it close. Even Perry Fewell played like Jauron which was confirmed when Brohm said the gameplan vs Atlanta was to "keep it close" which obviously did not work.

I am just stating what I read and heard....this season is going to be interesting because I honestly do not know what to expect. I think we got better on defense through the draft and just scheme....but offense who knows.

I think we will see a different team in terms of toughness and detail, where as Jaurons team was just undisciplined and didn't look like they really played to win.

So I guess it depends on your expectations....I do not think based on paper its going to be a great year, but if Jauron could be 7-9 so can Gailey. Maybe even a game better..
                    Last edited by homeslice5484; 05-10-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

You obviously want to see some sort of progress this year. If our record is comparable to the pundits predictions then I'm not so sure that's what you call progress unless (as Nix stated) this team finally starts to gain an identity.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                        Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                        • Jan 2010

the real key is that bell and wood must be 100% healthy...

i really hope we can get gaither... that would make our oline a potential strength..

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Wait, now he is looking for a quick turn around ? I thought he said this was gonna take time. Couple years to right the ship ? Build throgh the draft ? Gonna take more than one draft ?
                          Our rookies must have made one hell of an impression at mini camp. That, or Brohm.

With a competent QB, we could surprise some people.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by madness
                            I guess I don't have to wait until 7pm now.
                            Chris Brown said it would be on at 7. He lied.
                            Chris Brown
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Prov401
                              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                              • Aug 2008

This season, for me, has the biggest question mark stamped on it of all the seasons this past decade.

I am expecting us to replicate what the Jets did last year in terms of game planning. This is why I believe we kept Lynch. We're going to run, run, and run some more. I think our QB is going to be asked to throw between 15-20 passes a game, and to protect the football. We know what we have in Evans (I for one believe he's a tad overrated by most, but still a good WR), and I expect either Johnson, Hardy, or Easly to step up. I'm hoping on Hardy being that guy on account of us spending a 2nd rounder on him, and he should be starting. Either way, I expect us to still be near the bottom of the leauge in passing categories, but I definitely expect us to be in the top 10 rushing the football.

I am excited about our defense more than anything. I think our line is going to be good with Edwards, Troup, and Carrington starting. If we can keep guys like Marcus Stroud, and Kyle Williams fresh, we should still be tough in the 4th quarter to run on. LB's I'm not that cofident in. Poz is a good LB, not great. Maybin is a ?, Mitchell is average, Davis is alright, Ellis is average, Schobel is ? Moats and Batten are good depth. So, I think we'll be decent at LB, but I'm still expecting a lot of slow play out of that position, especially in the middle.

Secondary is in good shape. I'm excited to see Byrd and Whitner play together in this new scheme. Hopefully McKelvin and McGee can stay healthy, and shut down some of these great WR's in our division.

Overall it's going to be a tough season. We're going to have a ton of growing pains, as I believe our division is the 2nd toughest in football (NFC East). Hopefully we can shock a few teams, and get to a respectable, though sickening, 7-9.
                              Last edited by Prov401; 05-10-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X