PDA

View Full Version : Ellis glad to get jump start

The Spaz
05-11-2010, 09:21 AM
It’s been two NFL years of sporadic playing time on the defensive side of the ball for Chris Ellis. The former third-round draft pick discovered that getting regular snaps was easier said than done. With 10 career games and eight career tackles, Ellis clearly wants to be a bigger contributor.

Improving one’s game in the offseason is always on the agenda for any young NFL player, but mastering a new position in a new defensive scheme is also on the docket for Ellis and several other defensive players. The defensive end turned outside linebacker however, is taking the transition as a positive.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Ellis-glad-to-get-jump-start/886ecaaa-6210-4272-8d28-7e428ac7c2c4

psubills62
05-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Ah, this quote might clear up the "why were third-year players allowed at the recent minicamp?"

With just two NFL seasons under his belt Ellis was eligible to participate in this past weekend’s rookie minicamp

Seems to me like they aren't officially counted as third-year players yet.

OpIv37
05-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Ah, this quote might clear up the "why were third-year players allowed at the recent minicamp?"

Seems to me like they aren't officially counted as third-year players yet.

I think it was probably just so obvious that Chris Ellis needed the extra practice so the NFL granted him a waiver.

Pinkerton Security
05-11-2010, 10:16 AM
I think it was probably just so obvious that Chris Ellis needed the extra practice so the NFL granted him a waiver.

:roflmao: goodell probably just saw who it was and said "eh who gives a s*** he sucks"

madness
05-11-2010, 10:25 AM
It's the coach's decision on who he wants at minicamp, not the league's.

The Spaz
05-11-2010, 10:26 AM
It's the coach's decision on who he wants at minicamp, not the league's.

Actually I think it's the players decision. Anyone can participate within the parameters the league the sets.

madness
05-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Actually I think it's the players decision. Anyone can participate within the parameters the league the sets.

Yes, it's voluntary but the coach decides on the level of participation. Gailey gets three minicamps for being a new coach and only one can be mandatory.

The Spaz
05-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Yes, it's voluntary but the coach decides on the level of participation. Gailey gets three minicamps for being a new coach and only one can be mandatory.

I guess but I would think Gailey would want as many to participate as possible. I hardly doubt he's telling people no you can't come.

madness
05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
I guess but I would think Gailey would want as many to participate as possible. I hardly doubt he's telling people no you can't come.
In a normal minicamp... yes, but this was designated as a rookie minicamp and is geared more towards the younger players. If experienced veterans showed up it would only take away attention from the players that need it. Actually, there were vets like McGee there getting a head start on the season but they did not participate.

Interesting side note in the CBA...

There is no limitation on the number of minicamps a Club may hold for rookie players.

Jan Reimers
05-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Hardy was elligible for this camp, too, as he has played only 2 years. Given his lack of progress to date, I'm really sorry he had something more important to do.

Raptor
05-12-2010, 07:43 AM
At rookie minicamps players can attend with two or less years in the league per the NFL

jamze132
05-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Hardy was elligible for this camp, too, as he has played only 2 years. Given his lack of progress to date, I'm really sorry he had something more important to do.
Well Gailey made it sound like his absense was approved and understood.

Lexwhat
05-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Chris Ellis?

Who???