• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Boston fans don't react well to losing

Just a little part of the following article...

From what I hear, it was not shown on TV that Bruins fans were throwing rally towels and beer cups on the ice. It happened on several occasions, including during the final two scrums of the third period and DURING PLAY. If it wasn't shown on TV, the proof is below. It was pretty classless in my opinion, and I'm sure this would have been all over TV if the game was in Philadelphia and fans threw [stuff]. Rask left the ice pretty fast at the conclusion of the game, probably because he was angry and BECAUSE HE WAS GETTING STUFF THROWN AT HIM BY HIS OWN FANS IN A SERIES WHERE THE BRUINS ARE STILL UP A GAME.
    Unless I'm mistaken, this isn't the first time something like this has happened this year, right?

D & S Sports

• DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Boston fans don't react well to losing

Maybe Boston thought they should've been handed the Cup last week

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
      Just a little part of the following article...

Unless I'm mistaken, this isn't the first time something like this has happened this year, right?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,240255
      I hate when one or two fans have to represent the entire fanbase. The Bruins got booed pretty heavily in FEB-MAR but I havent seen to many instances of the fans throwing stuff.

As for throwing condoms... it was one fan who threw one condom... this IMO is significantly better than the numerous stories I have read about fights and hospital visits regarding visiting fans seems like almost once a year at the Ralph and Giants Stadium.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RockStar36
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
        I hate when one or two fans have to represent the entire fanbase. The Bruins got booed pretty heavily in FEB-MAR but I havent seen to many instances of the fans throwing stuff.

As for throwing condoms... it was one fan who threw one condom... this IMO is significantly better than the numerous stories I have read about fights and hospital visits regarding visiting fans seems like almost once a year at the Ralph and Giants Stadium.
        I guess that's the way it goes sometimes.

A Phillies fan pukes on a little girl a week or so ago and it was big news because of the lack of class from Philly fans, yet it was one person out of how many thousand?

The thing I got from the article was just how bi-polar Boston fans are.

I also read over the weekend about everyone walking out of Cavs/Celts during game 3 and then selling their game 4 tickets. Awful quick to hop off the wagon it seems.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

A Phillies fan pukes on a little girl a week or so ago and it was big news because of the lack of class from Philly fans, yet it was one person out of how many thousand?

I also read over the weekend about everyone walking out of Cavs/Celts during game 3 and then selling their game 4 tickets. Awful quick to hop off the wagon it seems.
          Really? Bandwagon Boston fans? Who would've thought?

Boston fans stand by the Red Sox no matter what. When it comes to the Bruins, Patriots and Celtics, they stand by a winner and jump off the bandwagon like nobody's business.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

It's playoff time... the bandwagons are chuck full.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

As for the fans, as one Twitterer put it last night, "Pink Bear Nation." Maybe there's something to that. After all, what better time for peripheral fans to show up than a possible clincha in order to say they were there?
              It was all

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

I'm a Celtic fan, but Boston is the one of the biggest bandwagon cities when it comes to their sports teams.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

As for the fans, as one Twitterer put it last night, "Pink Bear Nation." Maybe there's something to that. After all, what better time for peripheral fans to show up than a possible clincha in order to say they were there?
                  I read that somewhere else today, but I still don't get it. What am I missing?

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I read that somewhere else today, but I still don't get it. What am I missing?
                    I met a Boston fan in a bar during the Bruins/Sabres series who referred to the bandwagon Caps fans as "pink hats." It's a reference to bandwagon jumpers who haven't been following the team for very long. At first I thought the reference was to the Caps' colors, since pink is a lighter version of red. But if they're using it for bandwagon Bruins fans too, then it probably originated from the "pinkos." It's a Cold War term for people who weren't full fledged Communist, but were leftists and were sympathetic to some of their views.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      I met a Boston fan in a bar during the Bruins/Sabres series who referred to the bandwagon Caps fans as "pink hats." It's a reference to bandwagon jumpers who haven't been following the team for very long. At first I thought the reference was to the Caps' colors, since pink is a lighter version of red. But if they're using it for bandwagon Bruins fans too, then it probably originated from the "pinkos." It's a Cold War term for people who weren't full fledged Communist, but were leftists and were sympathetic to some of their views.
                      I never would've figured that out.

Maybe I need to adopt that term. I'm getting tired of saying bandwagon.

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Pink Hats I believe originated in Boston with Sox fans.
                        It was all

Comment

• RockStar36
                          • Sep 2004

Pink Hats I believe originated in Boston with Sox fans.
                          I thought about that possibility too, but wouldn't that be targeting the female fans? I don't think I've seen a male wear a pink hat before.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                            • May 2005

I thought about that possibility too, but wouldn't that be targeting the female fans? I don't think I've seen a male wear a pink hat before.
                            You must have forgot the picture I posted a while back in Bedard's "how do I imagine Zoners" thread for a certain somebody.... I'll go ahead and dig it back up again!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                              • May 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X