PDA

View Full Version : Hawks harpoon Canucks 5-1

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-11-2010, 11:58 PM
VANCOUVER -- If General Motors Place served as the neutral venue for the rest of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Chicago officials could start planning for a Stanley Cup parade down Michigan Avenue right now. It doesn't, but the Blackhawks will happily leave Vancouver for San Jose to begin preparations for the Western Conference Final.

The Shark Tank is where the Blackhawks wanted to be all along, but before they could get there they had to win again at GM Place. For the third straight time they looked as comfortable as an old man lounging on his worn-in couch inside the Vancouver Canucks' home building, this time coasting to a 5-1 series-clinching victory in Game 6.

The victory came one year to the day that the Blackhawks knocked the Canucks out of the playoffs with a 7-5 win at the United Center in Game 6. It also left the Canucks winless in three home games against Chicago in the series after they posted the best home record in the Western Conference during the regular season.

"Obviously they are a very good team, and elite team, improving" Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said. "For whatever reason, where we had been real good this year at home, we didn't play real well, and we lost the series."

Chicago erupted for two early goals in the second period, then got a key shorthanded goal for insurance purposes just before intermission. Vancouver got one back early in the third, but Chicago scored twice in 25 seconds to put the game away -- wiping away the taste of Sunday's 4-1 loss at home in Game 5.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2009030246

G Wolly
05-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Yes.

DMBcrew36
05-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Now my hopes are on Montreal. It's sad the Nucks couldn't push it to 7. Chicago could barely get 12,000 people in their building until a year or two ago - their games weren't even on TV. Their hockey fanbase is even more pathetic than Boston. It's hard for me to root for a team that plays for a bunch of fairweathers.

RockStar36
05-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Now my hopes are on Montreal. It's sad the Nucks couldn't push it to 7. Chicago could barely get 12,000 people in their building until a year or two ago - their games weren't even on TV. Their hockey fanbase is even more pathetic than Boston. It's hard for me to root for a team that plays for a bunch of fairweathers.

Seeing that you cheered for Buffalo and then Vancouver, can you please root for Pittsburgh tonight for the sake of jinxing them?

DMBcrew36
05-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Seeing that you cheered for Buffalo and then Vancouver, can you please root for Pittsburgh tonight for the sake of jinxing them?

Well, Vancouver and Buffalo are my two teams. I'm obviously a born and bred Sabres fan. I've been a fan of Vancouver since lock-out due to the Sedin twins. I probably rock Vancouver gear more than I rock Sabres gear.

Now that my teams are both out, I don't really care as much, other than I generally lean towards the most deserving city/fanbase - which currently would be Montreal or Philadelphia (yeah, I know).

If I wanted to be selfish, I would root for Pittsburgh, because through our business I would likely be invited into a luxury suite at Mellon for a game in the finals (as I have been the past two years).

RockStar36
05-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, Vancouver and Buffalo are my two teams. I'm obviously a born and bred Sabres fan. I've been a fan of Vancouver since lock-out due to the Sedin twins. I probably rock Vancouver gear more than I rock Sabres gear.

Now that my teams are both out, I don't really care as much, other than I generally lean towards the most deserving city/fanbase - which currently would be Montreal or Philadelphia (yeah, I know).

If I wanted to be selfish, I would root for Pittsburgh, because through our business I would likely be invited into a luxury suite at Mellon for a game in the finals (as I have been the past two years).

I'm the same way, I was joking.

I desperately want Pittsburgh to lose tonight...or pretty much whenever they play.

don137
05-12-2010, 11:12 AM

sorry, but I disagree about Philly fans. They, along with Boston fans, are the rudest most obnoxious fans in all of sports. They do not deserve anything. Plus they have the Phillies who won the World Series a couple years ago so IMO let some other city win. The only difference between a Philly and Boston fan is Philly fans are knowledgable.

DMBcrew36
05-12-2010, 11:21 AM
sorry, but I disagree about Philly fans. They, along with Boston fans, are the rudest most obnoxious fans in all of sports. They do not deserve anything. Plus they have the Phillies who won the World Series a couple years ago so IMO let some other city win. The only difference between a Philly and Boston fan is Philly fans are knowledgable.

I know Philly fans are a-holes. I'm speaking about dedication. Flyers fans are some of the most dedicated in the NHL - especially if you're just talking about U.S. teams. The Flyers fan base is right there with Minnesota and Buffalo.

A-holes or not, I think they deserve it more than Boston fans because they actually stick with their Flyers through thick and thin.

rbochan
05-12-2010, 02:57 PM
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/images/uploads/rlc.png

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm hoping that the Sharks take care of the Hawks,

The Sharks are my third favorite team ever since they came into the league in 1992 as an expansion team, and yes I know they have Sabres killer Heatley but he's not in the Eastern Conference anymore so why still hate him :idunno:. Oh and Marleau is going to be an UFA this offseason. I can't go for the Hawks because of Kane I don't want to see him lift the Cup over his head my brother lives in South Buffalo he's a firefighter and he says that everyone in South Buffalo hates Patrick Kane he says that they are all Tim Kennedy fans.

G Wolly
05-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I can't go for the Hawks because of Kane I don't want to see him lift the Cup over his head my brother lives in South Buffalo he's a firefighter and he says that everyone in South Buffalo hates Patrick Kane he says that they are all Tim Kennedy fans.

I always hear negative stories about Pat Kane. My one friend told me a story recently that when he just got drafted he was at a banquet or something here in the city and i;m not sure of the connection to my friend, but him and his son asked Kane for an autograph and he blatantly said "no."

I don't care for Pat Kane, or his mullet.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Heatley isn't only a Sabre killer.

Nighthawk
05-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Patrick Kane is a great player...I'd love to have him in Buffalo.