PDA

View Full Version : AP Awards Cushing DROY (again)

Ingtar33
05-12-2010, 01:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5183620

that's too funny. all this and the sports writers just voted him DROY again. What a joke, but i'm not surprised. it's pretty much assumed in football circles (though the press would never publicly write about it, they certainly know about it) that every single player in the NFL is Roided up in some way.

Brian Cushing - 18
Jairus Byrd - 13
Clay Matthews III - 10
Brian Orakpo -3
James Laurinaitis -1

Mr. Miyagi
05-12-2010, 01:44 PM
He should not have been qualified in the first place.

Oh well who cares.

T-Long
05-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I would like to know who in the hell voted for James Laurinaitis

methos4ever
05-12-2010, 01:55 PM
5 people, one of which being Chris Mortensen, abstained. Wow.

Cntrygal
05-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Pathetic.

wmoz11
05-12-2010, 02:00 PM
It would have been nice for Jairus to win it, but I couldn't care less about this award.

Mindbender
05-12-2010, 02:03 PM
5 people, one of which being Chris Mortensen, abstained. Wow.

Cowardly.

ddaryl
05-12-2010, 02:18 PM
looks like those who cheat are rewarded

I think its time for the rest of us to realize that honesty gets you know where in this world, and those who are crooks, dishonest, manipulate and cheat are the one who have been rewarded the most in life.

Should we revists the whole banking and financial melt down....

Italian Stallion
05-12-2010, 02:19 PM
who cares....honestly.

If anything, Byrd winning the award would spark a holdout from his agent to rework his contract and then we'd end up trading him for a mid round pick in 2012...all while Chris Brown says "it had to be done to avoid distraction in Chan's locker room"

I'm bored.

acehole
05-12-2010, 02:21 PM
>Bills get screwed again what a surprise.

that's too funny. all this and the sports writers just voted him DROY again. What a joke, but i'm not surprised. it's pretty much assumed in football circles (though the press would never publicly write about it, they certainly know about it) that every single player in the NFL is Roided up in some way.

Brian Cushing - 18
Jairus Byrd - 13
Clay Matthews III - 10
Brian Orakpo -3
James Laurinaitis -1

Buffalogic
05-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Good motivation for Jairus..

Shafted once without public knowledge of Cushing cheating.

Shafted twice with public knowledge of Cushing cheating.

What a slap in the face! Add that to the fact everyone pronounces his name wrong (it Jair - us, it's not Jair - e - yus) He's gonna be angry this year!!

SquishDaFish
05-12-2010, 03:21 PM
So just tell our kids its ok to cheat. What bull****

ServoBillieves
05-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Good motivation for Jairus..

Shafted once without public knowledge of Cushing cheating.

Shafted twice with public knowledge of Cushing cheating.

What a slap in the face! Add that to the fact everyone pronounces his name wrong (it Jair - us, it's not Jair - e - yus) He's gonna be angry this year!!

It's also continually spelled Jarius. Yeah, so the Jerry-us/Jye-rus debate would piss me off too. My name isn't spelled Tym or pronounced Time. GET IT RIGHT

Mr. Pink
05-12-2010, 03:29 PM
So just tell our kids its ok to cheat. What bull****

Yeah, because baseball hasn't taught them that either or anything.

Face it, if a Bills player wasn't on the ballot for this no one here would care.

TheBrownBear
05-12-2010, 03:30 PM
it's pretty much assumed in football circles (though the press would never publicly write about it, they certainly know about it) that every single player in the NFL is Roided up in some way.

I don't think that's true. If so, you'd see a lot more of these suspensions (or none at all if the NFL was turning a blind eye to it). It was true in baseball because there was no testing until a few years back.

That's not to say that some of these guys don't game the system and run a cycle immediately following a random test, and thus are never caught. But I knew a lot of D-1 football players in college, and steroids were far less endemic to football than they are/were to baseball.

dplus47
05-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Weak, but it's to be expected. Our society simply doesn't care about fair play, except in baseball. I guess society had to pick up the slack in baseball's case since MLB as an organization didn't care about fair play.

I think Byrd should have won the award. It's been a while since Buffalo has had a guy on D who instilled some kind of fear in the opponent. Byrd had a huge season just in that respect alone.

tampabay25690
05-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Shame on the stupid voters..........
Cheating is OK i guess

X-Era
05-12-2010, 04:22 PM

Brian Cushing - 18
Jairus Byrd - 13
Clay Matthews III - 10
Brian Orakpo -3
James Laurinaitis -1

What a bunch of idiots.

The official value of the DROY award is: :2cents:

Philagape
05-12-2010, 04:23 PM
According to AP ...

17 voters stayed with Cushing
19 switched from Cushing ... among those, 9 switched to Byrd, 8 to Matthews, 2 to Orakpo
Two who voted for Cushing before abstained this time
One changed from Byrd to Orakpo (David Elfin, Washington Times)
One changed from Orakpo to Matthews
One changed from Orakpo to Laurinaitis (Howard Balzer, Fox Sports Net)
One changed from Byrd to Cushing (Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)

Buffalogic
05-12-2010, 04:26 PM
How do you vote for Byrd before the Cushing suspension and then change it to Cushing after he gets popped for a banned substance?? That Ed Bouchette is a fool.

wmoz11
05-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Ed Bouchette is pretty well regarded around Pittsburgh. What the hell makes him switch his vote from Byrd to Cushing?

Kind of funny, actually.

Thief
05-12-2010, 04:40 PM
I guess Bryd should have taken roids.

Buddo
05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Ed Bouchette is pretty well regarded around Pittsburgh. What the hell makes him switch his vote from Byrd to Cushing?

Kind of funny, actually.

The whole thing has become a travesty tbh. There are probably guys who still voted for Cushing, because they didn't think they should redo the vote, at all. Bouchette could well have changed his vote, in respect of a 'protest'. Similarly those who abstained.

As others have said, Cushing is a cheat who is being rewarded. The bottom line is that you are recognising someone who isn't playing the game in the right way. This is an appalling example to anyone who might think that 'juicing' is ok.
As far as I'm concerned, the guys who voted for Cushing, have lost the right to be sanctimonious about anything. Hypocrisy rules in the media.

trapezeus
05-12-2010, 04:43 PM
the question is why did they chose to revote if so many of them knew they were going to hold the same positions?

like others have said, perhaps this is a blessing and keeps the Byrdman's salary down for another year.

Michael82
05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
like i said on my facebook.....Thanks for wasting everyone's time, AP! What the **** was the point of revoting if the cheater is still eligible? :ill:

Lexwhat
05-12-2010, 05:31 PM
...every single player in the NFL is Roided up in some way.

Well, it sure ain't helpin the Bills get to the Playoffs...

Ron Burgundy
05-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Absolute comedic gold. I love it. Well played, AP!

Some of the posters in this and the other thread look like total ****ing ******s, too.

You know who you are. Good work. :up:

Nighthawk
05-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Why would this joker even be a choice on the ballot? That in itself makes it an utter useless process.

mikemac2001
05-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Who cares BYRD IS STILL THE WORD!!!!

steriods will ruin a career (wether it is health wise or suspensions)

hopefully cush gets off them and can show it was a mistake

Michael82
05-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Why would this joker even be a choice on the ballot? That in itself makes it an utter useless process.

EXACTLY!

Night Train
05-12-2010, 06:56 PM
All the Cushing voters received a free GNC lifetime membership.

Bravo82
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
I would like to know who in the hell voted for James Laurinaitis

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz27/Savior_Spiller/bravho.jpg

jamze132
05-13-2010, 04:49 AM
This really is ridiculous but whatever.

X-Era
05-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Friggin hanging chads, I demand a re-vote:

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/nm_hanging_chad_091125_mn.jpg

X-Era
05-13-2010, 05:51 AM
BTW, it turns out some of the guys that still voted for Cushing were actually voting against the re-vote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/12/writers-voted-against-process-not-for-cushing/

Maybe another poll item labeled, "Do you think we should re-vote ?". Anyone here wanna head over to the AP and help them with setting up polls?

billz83
05-13-2010, 12:58 PM
it pays to cheat!! thas the message the NFL JUST sent..so screw the BS rules and all the nonsense everyone on the BILLS roster should be doin sum roids..end of story **** the BS NFL RULES!

methos4ever
05-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I love the press conference Cushing just had - he essentially said the NFL was wrong and that he may or may not have had a tumor, which he has yet to look into.

Cntrygal
05-13-2010, 02:22 PM
BTW, it turns out some of the guys that still voted for Cushing were actually voting against the re-vote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/12/writers-voted-against-process-not-for-cushing/

Maybe another poll item labeled, "Do you think we should re-vote ?". Anyone here wanna head over to the AP and help them with setting up polls?

What idiots.

TheBrownBear
05-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Cushing is such a liar. Dude just needs to come clean already. Everyone around the USC program knew that Cushing was a roider (and apparently still is).

Ingtar33
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Cushing is such a liar. Dude just needs to come clean already. Everyone around the USC program knew that Cushing was a roider (and apparently still is).

you probably could throw darts at the USC roster and find a "Roider," which is part of the budding NCAA investigation into the program that Carroll skipped out on.

Dicknoze69
05-13-2010, 03:21 PM
I love the press conference Cushing just had - he essentially said the NFL was wrong and that he may or may not have had a tumor, which he has yet to look into.

That was a pretty pro press conference. I especially liked the "I don't know how that got there officer" defense. If he had a genuine reason for the HCG to be there, don't you think he would have given it during the press conference?