• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Bills Need CB McKelvin to Emerge

LINK

Everyone knows that the defensive bright spot for the Buffalo Bills last season was the secondary. Opposing quarterbacks finished with a 61.8 quarterback rating; the Bills also finished second in the NFL to the Jets in allowing 184 passing yards per game. Moreover, the Bills finished second in the NFL with 28 interceptions. Quarterbacks had an average yard per attempt of six yards, which was also second in the league (sense a pattern here?). So it's safe to say that our cornerbacks and safeties were pretty impressive last season.
    I am The Batman.
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Bills Need CB McKelvin to Emerge

CB depth = check
    Safety depth = check
    Jauron's job is complete.

Screw the rest of the team.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I still maintain that many aren't going to be as impressed with our secondary after this season as they are right now.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
        I still maintain that many aren't going to be as impressed with our secondary after this season as they are right now.

of course not. our secondary is filled with "ideal" Tampa 2- zone defense cornerbacks and safeties.

A lot of them won't be able to adjust to a more physical man to man defense that they'll be required to play... and their int numbers and pass defense will go down as a result. That and the pass defense numbers were boosted a little bit by the really crappy QB play we faced last year.

I'm not saying they weren't a good secondary... they were pretty good.. clearly top 10 maybe top 5... but they weren't the 2nd best secondary in the league last year, reguardless what the stats say.
        Last edited by Ingtar33; 05-12-2010, 07:39 PM.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
          of course not. our secondary is filled with "ideal" Tampa 2- zone defense cornerbacks and safeties.

A lot of them won't be able to adjust to a more physical man to man defense that they'll be required to play... and their int numbers and pass defense will go down as a result. That and the pass defense numbers were boosted a little bit by the really crappy QB play we faced last year.

I'm not saying they weren't a good secondary... they were pretty good.. clearly top 10 maybe top 5... but they weren't the 2nd best secondary in the league last year, reguardless what the stats say.
          You're 100% correct and the author addresses this at the bottom of the article. McGee in particular is singled out for not being a man corner.

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
            You're 100% correct and the author addresses this at the bottom of the article. McGee in particular is singled out for not being a man corner.
            I think McGee will end up playing in Baltimore if we can agree on the compliment pick to go with him for Gaither.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33

McKelvin is a great CB for this system.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

That site is garbage...I cannot stomach the so-called "articles" that are written over there.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

i think our secondary was actually always made for man to man... they all have to much talent... i was always pissed we didnt play more man to man... now we finally will play my kind of d...

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2010

just play man to man with byrd playing center field....

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

I think Mcgee is going to turn out to be our worst CB when its all said and done this season. He is MUCH better when he safety help over the top. He's not going to have the as much as last year.

Comment

Working...
                      X