X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

The 2-3 Win Prediction Folks Better Not Be Rooting For Trentative Or Fitz At QB

If the Bills are supposedly going to suck as bad as many of you are preaching, then they have nothing to lose in starting Brohm or even Brown at QB. That goes for most starting positions where old guard marginal players with zero upside are starting.

Start a youth movement since Gailey gets at least 3-4 years anyhow. He's got nothing to lose and Nix/Wailey need to build this thing right, once and for all.

Agree or Disagree ? Discuss...
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: The 2-3 Win Prediction Folks Better Not Be Rooting For Trentative Or Fitz At QB

Originally posted by Night Train
    If the Bills are supposedly going to suck as bad as many of you are preaching, then they have nothing to lose in starting Brohm or even Brown at QB. That goes for most starting positions where old guard marginal players with zero upside are starting.

Start a youth movement since Gailey gets at least 3-4 years anyhow. He's got nothing to lose and Nix/Wailey need to build this thing right, once and for all.

Agree or Disagree ? Discuss...
    Gailey will get canned if the team gets 2 or 3 wins this year... even Fewell could win 2 games with that mess of a squad.

the question you should be asking is... if this team at BEST can only win 7 games should they start Brohm or Brown to see what they have. I'd say yes... however... a 7 win team will be "in the chase" into november, maybe even december so it will never happen.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• wmoz11
      • Sep 2008

Re: The 2-3 Win Prediction Folks Better Not Be Rooting For Trentative Or Fitz At QB

I still believe that Trent can salvage something from his career with a competent offensive head coach/OC. Who knows? Maybe he lights it up for whatever reason; he's got the tools.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
        Gailey will get canned if the team gets 2 or 3 wins this year... even Fewell could win 2 games with that mess of a squad.

the question you should be asking is... if this team at BEST can only win 7 games should they start Brohm or Brown to see what they have. I'd say yes... however... a 7 win team will be "in the chase" into november, maybe even december so it will never happen.
        I dunno. I think 2 or 3 wins is realistic.

Take an honest look - there is no NT. One DE in Edwards and he is average. No OLBs. ILB should be OK. Solid DBs.

No OTs. Perhaps the best OL will be out for the start of the season. An average center. One starting WR. Hopefully one starting TE. 2 or 3 starting RBs. And no QB.

Tell why 2 or 3 wins is not what should be expected?
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
          I dunno. I think 2 or 3 wins is realistic.

Take an honest look - there is no NT. One DE in Edwards and he is average. No OLBs. ILB should be OK. Solid DBs.

No OTs. Perhaps the best OL will be out for the start of the season. An average center. One starting WR. Hopefully one starting TE. 2 or 3 starting RBs. And no QB.

Tell why 2 or 3 wins is not what should be expected?
          Because Dick Jauron was able to win 7 with this team and he is a worse coach then Gailey. The offense will be better, just because Gailey is running it. The defense could be OK, but we have to see...the switch to a 3-4 is a big one, but the Broncos did it last year with less talent. Granted, they had Nolan running it, so that has to mean something, but do not overlook Gailey's effect on this team and specifically the offense.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

i'm thinking it's going to be a 6-10 year again. who should i be rooting for?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2010

Trent will get one more chance......

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

2-3 wins is not realistic.

The bills have finished with 3 or fewer wins only one time in the last 24 years. Qb'd by Van Pelt and coached by Williams.

So those predicting a 2-3 win season are predicting the second one in a quarter of a century. Great odds.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Gailey isn't getting canned if we go 1-15 this year. But a poor performance in 2011 will put him in the hot seat. Any by poor performance, I mean under .500. Yeah, I'm not really shooting for the stars just yet.

I think 4-12 is realistic and anything less I will be disapointed. But if we just get beat, than I completely understand. But what I can't tolorate is the boneheaded mistakes and piss poor time management we are currently known for.
                  Last edited by jamze132; 05-13-2010, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Gailey isn't getting canned if we go 1-15 this year. But a poor performance in 2011 will put him in the hot seat. Any by poor performance, I mean under .500. Yeah, I'm not really shooting for the stars just yet.

I think 4-12 is realistic and anything less I will be disappointed. But if we just get beat, than I completely understand. But what I can't tolerate is the boneheaded mistakes and piss poor time management we are currently known for.
                    I disagree. He was not loved when the Bills picked him (for good reason), there is almost no coach in the league with enough clout to survive a 1-15, 2-14 season and few who can survive a 3-13 season. I know Ralph is cheep but if the Bills stumble to a 1-15 season with this roster the coach HAS to go, and no matter how senile Ralph might be, i doubt he'd disagree with me.

4-12 is on the low side of realistic... you probably could have a corpse coach the bills to a 4 win season with this roster and the schedule we have. 7 wins is probably on the high side of realistic... and yeah... i'm sorta expecting a 5 or 6 win season right now.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                      Because Dick Jauron was able to win 7 with this team and he is a worse coach then Gailey. The offense will be better, just because Gailey is running it. The defense could be OK, but we have to see...the switch to a 3-4 is a big one, but the Broncos did it last year with less talent. Granted, they had Nolan running it, so that has to mean something, but do not overlook Gailey's effect on this team and specifically the offense.
                      Don't forget that this team is actually WORSE than what Jauron had last year. On O, we lost Butler, Reed and TO, and have yet to replace any of them with someone equal or better. On D, we didn't really lose anyone of note, but we are worse simply by virtue of the switch to the 3-4 and the lack of the proper personnel. Brown or Brohm might get us 3 wins, Trent or Fitzy might get us 5.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

I disagree. He was not loved when the Bills picked him (for good reason), there is almost no coach in the league with enough clout to survive a 1-15, 2-14 season and few who can survive a 3-13 season. I know Ralph is cheep but if the Bills stumble to a 1-15 season with this roster the coach HAS to go, and no matter how senile Ralph might be, i doubt he'd disagree with me.

4-12 is on the low side of realistic... you probably could have a corpse coach the bills to a 4 win season with this roster and the schedule we have. 7 wins is probably on the high side of realistic... and yeah... i'm sorta expecting a 5 or 6 win season right now.
                        The roster really sucks, especially for a 3-4 defense.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

On the other hand... you could throw Brohm or Brown to the wolves, then have another career destroyed before it even started (e.g. Edwards) due to getting battered by the opposing DEs. It goes both ways. Try to develop them, or save them for when they have a better line to play behind. If they're tanking this season, I'd much rather see the latter.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                            2-3 wins is not realistic.

The bills have finished with 3 or fewer wins only one time in the last 24 years. Qb'd by Van Pelt and coached by Williams.

So those predicting a 2-3 win season are predicting the second one in a quarter of a century. Great odds.
                            The odds of having a 2-3 win season have nothing to do with what's happened over the last quarter century. They have to do with who's on the roster now.. And with the current roster and coaches, 3 wins is a lot more realistic than 10.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Don't forget that this team is actually WORSE than what Jauron had last year. On O, we lost Butler, Reed and TO, and have yet to replace any of them with someone equal or better. On D, we didn't really lose anyone of note, but we are worse simply by virtue of the switch to the 3-4 and the lack of the proper personnel. Brown or Brohm might get us 3 wins, Trent or Fitzy might get us 5.
                              Butler played only two games last year. Cornell Green is a push at RT, I'd say.

The offense lost TO but gained Spiller's playmaking ability, and it's in much better hands with Gailey than AVP.

The 3-4 is an unknown, but an unknown is better than proven horrendous, as last year's team was against the run. Poz, Maybin and Ellis may actually be better suited for the 3-4 than 4-3. A lot will depend on Troup and Carrington, but again, hard to imagine being worse than last year.

The secondary is the same at worst, probably better with the return of McKelvin.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X