PDA

View Full Version : THN.com Playoff Blog: Penguins must trade Malkin

RockStar36
05-13-2010, 02:05 PM
First, I think there’s only one thing to be done in Pittsburgh: trade Evgeni Malkin. This is not a commentary on Malkin’s post-season – although chances are I wouldn’t be writing this if the Pens were still alive – and it’s not a new thought.

Jaroslav Halak did outplay Marc-Andre Fleury, especially in Game 7, but in a larger sense the Canadiens did exactly what they needed to do to the Pens – take away the center of the ice. And now Sidney Crosby, Malkin and No. 3 center Jordan Staal are taking heat. Not all the heat by any means, but heat nonetheless.

That Habs’ plan worked to the nth degree and exposed the Pens’ ugly underbelly. Take away those three guys and there’s basically nothing left up front to scare anyone. Pittsburgh’s best scoring options quickly become blueliners Sergei Gonchar – who will more than likely price himself out of Pittsburgh this summer – along with the still-maturing Kris Letang and Alex Goligoski.

And we all saw how well that worked.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/33579-THNcom-Playoff-Blog-Penguins-must-trade-Malkin.html

Michael82
05-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Why would you trade Malkin? Some people say he's better than Crosby!

RockStar36
05-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Read the article Mikey, read the article.

Nighthawk
05-13-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd take Malkin in a heartbeat! However...won't ever happen...takes more balls to make that kind of trade then this organization has combined.

DMBcrew36
05-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Malkin's best asset last season, and the season before, was his one-timer - especially on the powerplay. They need to make a better effort at making him trigger man on their powerplay. Their powerplay was worse than Buffalo's this year.

Ingtar33
05-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Why would you trade Malkin? Some people say he's better than Crosby!

I think he is better then crosby.

THATHURMANATOR
05-14-2010, 11:08 PM
I think he is better then crosby.
I don't agree with this at all. Crosby has clearly shown to be the better player.

DMBcrew36
05-15-2010, 01:34 AM
I don't agree with this at all. Crosby has clearly shown to be the better player.

Crosby definitely has a better motor

DraftBoy
05-15-2010, 07:52 AM
What would we have to move for Malkin though?

Vanek, 1st, and ?????

Ingtar33
05-15-2010, 07:59 AM
What would we have to move for Malkin though?

Vanek, 1st, and ?????

The idea of Vanek and Crosby together makes me ill (if Vanek had a center of that quality next to him he'll be a regular 50-65 goal scorer)... but what this author seems to be talking about is the need to save cap room. IF they're willing to move Malkin they might do it for something else... who knows.

DraftBoy
05-15-2010, 08:22 AM
The idea of Vanek and Crosby together makes me ill (if Vanek had a center of that quality next to him he'll be a regular 50-65 goal scorer)... but what this author seems to be talking about is the need to save cap room. IF they're willing to move Malkin they might do it for something else... who knows.

Well considering the idea floated in the article was the #1 overall pick, a solid defenseman and a good prospect, we'd have to match something like that.

Ingtar33
05-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Well considering the idea floated in the article was the #1 overall pick, a solid defenseman and a good prospect, we'd have to match something like that.

our 1st plus Myers and Ennis... they might go for that... i don't think i could go with that.

YardRat
05-15-2010, 07:56 PM
our 1st plus Myers and Ennis... they might go for that... i don't think i could go with that.

Ummmm...No deal.