PDA

View Full Version : what will our starting dline look like?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-13-2010, 08:33 PM
i say

carrington
troup
edwards

backups

stroud
williams
johnson

harvey

dasaybz
05-13-2010, 09:12 PM
No way Stroud is a backup. They will cut him before he is backing anyone up.

Prov401
05-13-2010, 09:21 PM
i say

carrington
troup
edwards

backups

stroud
williams
johnson

harvey

Exactly what you have right there my friend.

Carrington is going to be a monster.

Pinkerton Security
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
id say:

to begin the year - Stroud - Williams - Edwards with Troup and Carrington rotating in

then as the year goes on Troup and Carrington may crack the starting lineup

BillsWin
05-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Stroud will start off the year as a starter, but Carrington will be getting a lot of playtime.

jamze132
05-14-2010, 05:40 AM
Stroud will obviously be out there on run downs. So therefore by that logic, Stroud will more than likely be starting.

ddaryl
05-14-2010, 12:48 PM
were not starting a bunch of rookies to begin the year IMO

Night Train
05-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I say Smerlas in the Middle, Sherman White & Ben Williams at DE.

Man, these exelon chiclets are delicious !

ServoBillieves
05-14-2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.math.toronto.edu/%7Edrorbn/Gallery/Symmetry/Tilings/2S22/BrickWall.jpg

DesertFox24
05-14-2010, 01:44 PM
were not starting a bunch of rookies to begin the year IMO

I know it is your opinion, but why not. Buddy and Chan have pretty much declared that they do not think they are a playoff team this year, but are building towards the future.

Therefore, why not play all of our rookies.

Personally I agree with the Edwards, Troup, Carrington lineup, and yes I agree Stroud would probably be the one gone. Oh there will be some surprises this cut season people.

Also I really want Moats to beat out Mitchell and Davis for the other starting ILB, but I doubt that will happen, hopefully he will get some playing time at the end of the year or at least on oblivious passing downs.

I would also like to see Calloway and Hang battle it out for RG with wood moving to center.

I would also like to see Easley, Johnson, Hardy winner as the other outside guy. Throw in Chad Jackson as a dark horse, we shall see about him but I am not optimistic.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-14-2010, 01:58 PM
dont forget about danny batten at slb...

tampabay25690
05-14-2010, 02:12 PM
OMG

Stroud
Kyle Williams
Edwards

Rotating
TROUP
Carrington
Spencer Johnson

ServoBillieves
05-14-2010, 02:44 PM
I say Smerlas in the Middle, Sherman White & Ben Williams at DE.

Man, these exelon chiclets are delicious !

With Phil Hansen rotating in, we can't lose.

Spiderweb
05-17-2010, 02:12 AM
id say:

to begin the year - Stroud - Williams - Edwards with Troup and Carrington rotating in

then as the year goes on Troup and Carrington may crack the starting lineup

This is the odds on favorite based upon conventional wisdom. However, if Gailey truly means each job will be had based upon competition and performance, we may get a surprise or two.

If Schobel comes back, I'd bet he'll still get some rotations as DE...

DraftBoy
05-17-2010, 07:42 AM
I know it is your opinion, but why not. Buddy and Chan have pretty much declared that they do not think they are a playoff team this year, but are building towards the future.

Therefore, why not play all of our rookies.

Personally I agree with the Edwards, Troup, Carrington lineup, and yes I agree Stroud would probably be the one gone. Oh there will be some surprises this cut season people.

Also I really want Moats to beat out Mitchell and Davis for the other starting ILB, but I doubt that will happen, hopefully he will get some playing time at the end of the year or at least on oblivious passing downs.

I would also like to see Calloway and Hang battle it out for RG with wood moving to center.

I would also like to see Easley, Johnson, Hardy winner as the other outside guy. Throw in Chad Jackson as a dark horse, we shall see about him but I am not optimistic.

You dont just play rookies for the stunted growth factor. Not every guy (or even most guys) are ready to just play from Day 1 in any professional league. Its rare that you have a Day 1 starter. If there was ever a surer way to screw up a kids development phyiscally and mentally its with playing him too much too early.

David Carr is the perfect example, and there are hundreds more.

For the thread the starting DL will be;

Stroud-Harvey-Edwards

dannyek71
05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Stroud
Jeff Wright
Kyle Williams

CoolBreeze
05-17-2010, 10:24 AM
off topic, but David Carr had a rough career. I thought he was going to thrive in this league too. Guess he picked the wrong year to enter the draft. The Texans doomed him