X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

CB Virgil set to show true colors

When he went down with a knee injury suffered in the first game of his senior campaign at Virginia Tech, it affected his stock so much that he wasn’t even selected in the 2010 NFL Draft. But cornerback Stephan Virgil was given his opportunity, signing as an undrafted free agent with the Buffalo Bills – after a host of teams passed him up.

He played with the injury last year, still offering up stingy defense in the Hokies’ secondary. En route to helping Tech finish 10-3 (6-2 in ACC play) last year, Virgil recorded 36 tackles in 10 games, proving himself a valuable and experienced corner even after being hobbled.

• zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Re: CB Virgil set to show true colors

“I feel pretty good covering the slot receiver,” he said. “I feel like I can cover anybody and everybody. Once I get comfortable with my playbook, and when that comes along, it’ll be great.

I bet he is not saying that when they line Spiller up in the slot.
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Some of the draft guides had Virgil rated pretty high. Scout.com, for instance, had him as a 4 star guy, and the 21st CB in the draft.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Griff
        • Jul 2008

if DJ was still the coach we would've picked him up in the 3rd round

Comment

• Raptor
          • Jan 2009

Camp fodder

Ran the 40 in 4.7's and was academically ineligible for VT's bowl game.

4.7 isnt going to cut it for CB on this level, if I were him I'd be looking to be moved to S and its almost as long a shot there

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

yeah i agree with raptor.. was never a playmaker at tech.. can't see him being one at this level. hope im wrong.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

Pretty sweet name though. Way better than McKelvin and McGee. Florence and Virgil would be a nice starting combo.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Well if he can make the squad over McKelvin, McGee, Florence, Corner, Youboty, Lankster, and Sargeant... Kudos.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
                  Well if he can make the squad over McKelvin, McGee, Florence, Corner, Youboty, Lankster, and Sargeant... Kudos.
                  And that's the real issue for this guy. On a very weak roster, we're fairly solid at CB. It's the only position on the team where he doesn't have a legit shot to make the roster.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Luisito23
                    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                    • Apr 2003

I really liked Virgil coming out, kid is going to be a good player, but unfortunately it probably won't be with this team.
                    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by zone
                      “I feel pretty good covering the slot receiver,” he said. “I feel like I can cover anybody and everybody. Once I get comfortable with my playbook, and when that comes along, it’ll be great.

I bet he is not saying that when they line Spiller up in the slot.
                      From reading that, I get the sense that the guy is a ******. Way to shoot for the stars being the 3rd CB on the field, then coming back and claiming he can cover anybody and everybody. Which one ******!

Comment

Working...
                      X