X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Maybe this will make you feel better about Maybin

If your favorite team selected a pass rusher early in the 2010 draft, don't expect much production this season. Recent history doesn't show a pretty picture when it comes to rookie sack stats.

I like many wanted Orakpo, but since we switched to the 3-4 maybe it will work out in the end. It effing better....
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Maybe this will make you feel better about Maybin

In the end it can work out...

but this was a bad pick up last year with so many other players at positions of need being available who could of started for us almost immediately

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

yeah missing out on Oher is still a kick in the nuts

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
        In the end it can work out...

but this was a bad pick up last year with so many other players at positions of need being available who could of started for us almost immediately
        The logic of what you're saying escapes me. Pass rush was the highest priority last year. If Maybin turns out to be a good pressure player for us he was a good pick. If he doesn't, he was a bad pick, just that simple. It's not like it really mattered whether he was a beast last year or not, let's say he was, would we have been a playoff team? Er.....no. So who really gives a **** what he did or didn't do last year? If he's productive this year all is well.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

i think maybins first step on the wide rush along with his strength gain will help him on the pass rush... operating in space will really help him because he will be in a position where his speed and pursuit matters... i think he is perfect for the 34... he reminds me a lot of cornelius bennett...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Can't say I'm optimistic about the guy.

Hope he proves me wrong but I thought it was a terrible pick then and just as terrible of a pick now.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

I have to say, FD, I don't think anything will make people feel better about Maybin until he proves his worth on the field.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                My IQ Test results came back negative
                • Oct 2002

dude sucked his rookie year..hes a bust..cut him. Bills suck....

thats pretty much what 90% of this board says. Dont even try to change them it wont work.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                  The logic of what you're saying escapes me. Pass rush was the highest priority last year. If Maybin turns out to be a good pressure player for us he was a good pick. If he doesn't, he was a bad pick, just that simple. It's not like it really mattered whether he was a beast last year or not, let's say he was, would we have been a playoff team? Er.....no. So who really gives a **** what he did or didn't do last year? If he's productive this year all is well.

How can this basic common sense logic escape you.

last year we needed an immediate impact player at DE or LT

Orakpo and Oher were on the board and both went on to have significant impacts for the teams that drafted them.

instead we picked up a sophmore who was a 1 year wonder who barely could get on the field and when he did get on the field he looked completley out of place. It is this type of drafting decision that has kept the BIlls in the tooilet the last 10 years. You do not make this type of a reach pick when you haven't sniffed the playoffs in a decade and have screaming needs all over your team

How was that difficult to understand.

When your desperate for impact players, and the Bills were you take ther player ready to make that impact. Maybin is not the pick a team liek the Bills needed to make in 2009. Not with Orakpo and Oher sitting there.

Maybin was a mistake even if he does work out in the end. He may end up being a solid player but he should have NEVER been drafted by the Bills at #11 in 2009...
                  Last edited by ddaryl; 05-14-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Certainly he's got all kinds of potential. This year will be critical. If he does little this year, it begins to look like he never will amount to much.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Orakpo and Oher were on the board and both went on to have significant impacts for the teams that drafted them.

instead we picked up a sophmore who was a 1 year wonder who barely could get on the field and when he did get on the field he looked completley out of place. It is this type of drafting decision that has kept the BIlls in the tooilet the last 10 years. You do not make this type of a reach pick when you haven't sniffed the playoffs in a decade and have screaming needs all over your team

When your desperate for impact players, and the Bills were you take ther player ready to make that impact. Maybin is not the pick a team liek the Bills needed to make in 2009. Not with Orakpo and Oher sitting there.

Maybin was a mistake even if he does work out in the end. He may end up being a solid player but he should have NEVER been drafted by the Bills at #11 in 2009...

Absolutely correct ! A player you take at#11 in the draft is someone who can step in and make a difference now,today not next year. Save the projects for the late rounds.

I just hope he turns out ok. Another wasted 1st rounder insn't needed.
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Jan 2010

Orakpo doesnt have the unique skill set as a pure pass rusher like maybin does... maybins whole problem was power... that wont matter as much with him getting stronger and playing wolb in the 34 rushing the passer... maybin has an electric first step and acceleration off the snap that orakpo doesnt have, thats why maybin was taken ahead of him... once maybin develops counter moves, he will take off... patience is the key... i say this year his talent alone gets him 7-8 sacks... next year i think he becomes all pro!

Comment

• starrymessenger
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                          Orakpo doesnt have the unique skill set as a pure pass rusher like maybin does... maybins whole problem was power... that wont matter as much with him getting stronger and playing wolb in the 34 rushing the passer... maybin has an electric first step and acceleration off the snap that orakpo doesnt have, thats why maybin was taken ahead of him... once maybin develops counter moves, he will take off... patience is the key... i say this year his talent alone gets him 7-8 sacks... next year i think he becomes all pro!
                          You don't pick a project player with #11. You pick a player you are confident will contribute immediately, even though you may wind up being wrong about that player (M. Williams).

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I'm rooting like hell for Maybin to step up, but no way in hell should he be compared to Biscuit.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

I agree with you 100% BUT that was a mistake by our past regime and it is in the PAST. No need to dwell on it. He is a Bill right now no matter where he came from or what pick he was. If he is going to do something for us now then he will be a good player for us NOW. If he turns into and allpro rushing LB then its a plus for our CURRENT organization PERIOD!

Comment

Working...
                              X