PDA

View Full Version : So, who will it be?

BillsWin
05-15-2010, 01:07 AM
LINK (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/14/bills-have-strong-college-fa-group/)

“I don’t know what has been here before, but I’ll say it’s one of the better group of college free agents that I’ve been around,” Gailey told Buffalobills.com. ”I think it’s a high quality group and if I don’t miss my guess, there will be guys that compete and be right there for jobs. If not top jobs, at least on the 53-man roster.”

Let's have a little fun.

Predict which undrafted free agents we have on roster that will compete, or win a starting job.

Make sure you say why you think so.

I'll bump this September 12, to see if anyone was right.

My guess is Antonio Coleman will see playtime but not start. I think this because he had a very successful college career in the best conference in football. He is a beast at rushing the passer, and has a lot of heart. (For example, he played with an injury most of last season and still posted double digit sacks).

I also think Roosevelt may make the roster, but I doubt he sees playing time. My reasoning is that he needs time to develop, but has talent and is a public relations goldmine. Hometown star gets shot with hometown team. Practice squad. For now at least...

Joique Bell is also a player I think can challenge for a practice squad spot. He could turn out to be more if we deal Lynch. Which, I think we should. Bell was a great player in college. Plus, Draft Boy has a man crush on him, and it wouldn't be a good college free agent thread without mentioning the object of DB's affection.

There may be a lineman or two who could make the practice squad as well.

Who do you think Gailey is talking about?

jamze132
05-15-2010, 04:52 AM
I think Parrish will lose his job to an UDFA. You pick, they are all probably better anyways.

YardRat
05-15-2010, 05:44 AM
I don't know any of them well enough to to predict based on their talent or ability at this point, but...

CB's Virgil or Destin have a shot at making the squad if one of the other corners are dealt.

Roosevelt's a possibility if we keep 6 or Parrish becomes expendable.

I'm expecting Coleman to make the squad, just because of the lack of experience at OLB.

Dr. Pepper
05-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Roosevelt makes the team.

Parrish and Johnson both get cut.

Night Train
05-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Coleman. He was a standout in his SEC games and you don't make 80 tackles in the backfield by accident. Seems the OLB position in the 3-4 was made for him. Built like a brick ****house and plays out of his mind on every snap.

Incredible that some team didn't use a Saturday pick on him.

I think the Bills went a long way to improve the D Front 7 this off-season (Edwards,Davis,Troup,Carrington,Moats,Batten,Coleman) in addition to switching Maybin and Ellis to OLB, which would seem to fit their skills sets perfectly. Can't wait to see who can excel in this D.

DraftBoy
05-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Antonio Coleman
Donald Jones
Joique Bell (Naturally)
Sean Allen
Dominique Harris

scartown
05-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Donald Jones
Antonio Coleman

ServoBillieves
05-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Will Croner
Naaman Roosevelt if we cut Parrish/Jackson

Aliceinchainsbills15
05-15-2010, 01:25 PM
LINK (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/14/bills-have-strong-college-fa-group/)

Let's have a little fun.

Predict which undrafted free agents we have on roster that will compete, or win a starting job.

Make sure you say why you think so.

I'll bump this September 12, to see if anyone was right.

My guess is Antonio Coleman will see playtime but not start. I think this because he had a very successful college career in the best conference in football. He is a beast at rushing the passer, and has a lot of heart. (For example, he played with an injury most of last season and still posted double digit sacks).

I also think Roosevelt may make the roster, but I doubt he sees playing time. My reasoning is that he needs time to develop, but has talent and is a public relations goldmine. Hometown star gets shot with hometown team. Practice squad. For now at least...

Joique Bell is also a player I think can challenge for a practice squad spot. He could turn out to be more if we deal Lynch. Which, I think we should. Bell was a great player in college. Plus, Draft Boy has a man crush on him, and it wouldn't be a good college free agent thread without mentioning the object of DB's affection.

There may be a lineman or two who could make the practice squad as well.

Who do you think Gailey is talking about?
Naaman Roosevelt

Night Train
05-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Joique Bell (Naturally)
Sean Allen
If Bell shows anything close to his college form, Lynch is a training camp trade.

Allen is a pretty good C and was overlooked. I could see him sticking.

DraftBoy
05-15-2010, 09:30 PM
If Bell shows anything close to his college form, Lynch is a training camp trade.

Allen is a pretty good C and was overlooked. I could see him sticking.

Don't sleep on Jones either. He is overlooked because everybody is pulling for Roosevelt, but the kid can play and is that perfect size/speed blend (6'2, 4.45-4.55) that we badly lack right now.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2010, 09:54 PM
roosevelt
allen
coleman

BillsOwnAll
05-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Antonio Coleman
Donald Jones
Joique Bell (Naturally)
Sean Allen
Dominique Harris
You cant pick five lol. One of them is bound to make the squad!

Way to go out on a limb :snicker:

DraftBoy
05-16-2010, 04:31 PM
You cant pick five lol. One of them is bound to make the squad!

Way to go out on a limb :snicker:

All 5 will compete for a spot and 2 or 3 may make it, I expect the others to be PS'er.

ServoBillieves
05-16-2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUyj73qqOgU&feature=related

Looks like Coleman had a lot of help... Can it transfer to the NFL level?

bigbub2352
05-16-2010, 10:01 PM
sean allen OL- we need depth in the middle plays nasty

cordado howard OL - ties i think may stick or at least practice squad we need depth and to develop depth up the middle

antinio coleman OLB-just got a feeling this kid mite have raw ability to rush the passer

naaman roosevelt WR -to practice squad definitly think if he makes good in preseason they want to keep morale up and keep the local kid around plus it wont hurt ticket sales any...

stephen virgil CB- i think he shows up and beats out lankster and youboty

i dont think many guys that are holdovers from Skeletor are safe they want there own players not guys who know how to suck and get hurt

billz83
05-17-2010, 06:36 AM
i think coleman simply because hes one of the only ones with NATURAL FOOTBALL SKILLS..he was a force in college and am suprised he wasnt even drafted..i guess these "football guys" think hes too short and too tall hahaha..

Mr. Pink
05-18-2010, 06:28 AM
None.

Sorry I'm not having enough "fun" with this topic.

DraftBoy
05-18-2010, 07:46 AM
None.

Sorry I'm not having enough "fun" with this topic.

Don't make me pos rep you.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Don't sleep on Jones either. He is overlooked because everybody is pulling for Roosevelt, but the kid can play and is that perfect size/speed blend (6'2, 4.45-4.55) that we badly lack right now.

Ya I love Jones as well. I think he will make the team over Roosevelt though Naaman has the edge so far after rookie camp. Right now I go Coleman, Bell (PS this year will be the third back next) and Jones.

patmoran2006
05-18-2010, 08:05 AM
I got the chance to meet Cordaro Howard and I was impressed. He's got solid size and from what I"ve heard a lot of playing ability. With our team lacking any real inside OL depth, I can definitely see him making the team.

User Manuel
05-18-2010, 10:16 AM
I think Training Camp is going to be a bloodletting for a lot of fringe veterans like:

Parrish
Ellison
Kelsay
Hardy
Schobel
Scott
Wilson
Jenkins (is he still on the team? Cant remember)
Green
Its the old saying , if we can lose with em, we can lose without em and they have no real trade value unless there is a surprise.