PDA

View Full Version : Funny Hockey Story Thread

Ð
06-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Folks, now that the season's over, let's share our stories about our experiences over the years surrounding the great game of hockey.

It was spring, 1971 & I was all of 5 years old. I hadn't started to play yet because I was 4 when the season started and a bit too young, but I would hang out at the rink when my older brother played for a tyke house league team in Oshawa...Glenstuart Park.

My dad managed to get tickets for a Chicago Black Hawks open practice at Maple Leaf Gardens on a Saturday afternoon for the team, so we drove the thirty miles into town & had lunch at the Woolworth's lunch counter on Yonge Street, just north of College Street, around the corner from MLG. (No McDonalds or fast food back then LOL)

Once we were done our lunch I remember a quick duck into Doug Laurie's Sports Shop on the east side of MLG, gawking at the cool jerseys, sticks & pucks, and then our dads took us off to try & get autographs as the players arrived for practice.

We waited outside the dressing room & along came Pat Stapeleton & Stan Mikita (my Dad's favorite because he's Slovak) & I got both of their autographs. Then this strange looking dude came up to us and I ran away crying in terror.

Turns out it was Bobby Hull. He had just had hair replacement done and the top of his head looked like a golf ball with little strands of hair sticking out, so that's what scared the crap out of me. My dad calmed me down...Bobby had a chuckle and I did manage to get his autograph after the practice. I still have Stan's, Pat's & Bobby's autographs to this day.

Rude American
06-10-2003, 01:32 PM
when my uncle was about 10 he had to bike to practice with tis hear over his shoulder. It was pitch black being farmland and as he was rinding down the dirt road he got into a head-on collision with another kid on a bike.

Rude American
06-10-2003, 01:39 PM
i was playing this past season and I'm a defenseman and I was pinching, but the puck slipped past me just enough to come out. As I was skating to get back and re-gain control the jerk behind me tried to lift my stick and clipped me pretty good in the mouth.

I said, "keep your ****ing stick down, *******." He ignored it, and as we were coming into our end on the same play and pushed me so I turned around and cross checked him in the back. He turned around and hacked me right as I noticed the dude was pretty big. I thought, "I'm in this now," so our sticks came up, some puching,etc., and finally I had it with his so I popped him with a left right ion the mouth and down he went for about 2minutes, swear to God..2 minutes. i thought I was going to jail for assault. I told my mom and she was like, "have gone insane?" Funny, eh? :D

Another time a guy clipped me in the mouth on a backhand shot, I yelled the same thing, he barked back and that was it. I got his number. So with about 30 seconds left on the clock I hit him into the boards in our end and as he skated back up the ice I pinched him along the boards so he couldn't get out. Hwe turned around and crosschecked me so I two-handed him as hard as I could across the back of his leg. He no bother me no more! I told my mom and she was like, "have gone insane?" Funny, eh? :D

Ð
06-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Do you play with Michiganers ? (Michiganese)

Rude American
06-10-2003, 03:26 PM
yep

Ð
06-10-2003, 03:27 PM
They thiink they're God's gift to hockey.

"Hockeytown" Bah!