PDA

View Full Version : More proof of Jaurons faults when it comes to not developing young players

BillsWin
05-17-2010, 09:57 AM
In the past when the offseason roster consisted of 80 or more players, the locker room adjacent to the Bills Fieldhouse did not have enough locker space to accommodate everyone. Previous coaching staffs would simply have college free agents and draft choices walk all the way back to the stadium locker room across the parking lot to change and shower after practices. That wasn’t an option for Gailey.
He had lockers ordered to install in the Fieldhouse locker room so all players on the roster would be in one room, together.

He kept his young players away from veteran leadership prior to training camp and preseason except on the practice field.

That doesn't seem right to me. When I played football and I had a question from the older players, the locker room was where we would sit and go over plays and questions.

It was also a place for bonding and getting to know eachother. Joking and talking.

This is the third or fourth time this offseason that Chris Brown has hinted that Jauron spent little to no time with his younger players. And we all know how little they got to play when it came to the season.

If we can start developing our young players, we are already better off.

BillsWin
05-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Here (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/TE-Matthews-knows-Gaileys-approach/82d902a7-f788-4215-97c8-b89265df74d0) is the article.

Philagape
05-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Dick Jauron is the embodiment of sheer football evil.

ServoBillieves
05-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Wow. That's just piss poor coaching. That's almost like hazing the new guys. Has it been confirmed that Dick isn't the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler?

WeAreArthurMoates
05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Most media and even some Bills fans still don't know how truley bad Jauron was. His locker rooms especially during the season felt like funeral homes. His loyality to mediocre vets killed the growth of players such as McKelvin, Hardy, Johnson, Maybin, Freddy (early on), and Shawn Nelson. His extremely laxed training camp and practices molded a soft team that was not tough of physical. Worst of all his play to not lose mentality and non aggressive nature never gave the Bills a shot even before the season started.

OpIv37
05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow. That's just piss poor coaching. That's almost like hazing the new guys. Has it been confirmed that Dick isn't the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler?

no way. At least Hitler had a few victories.

casdhf
05-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Do we really need more proof?

Ground Chuck
05-17-2010, 11:37 AM
no way. At least Hitler had a few victories.

It's really hard to win in WWII

trapezeus
05-17-2010, 11:48 AM
WWII is a good point though for this thread. during wwII, the army realized that sending 1 or 2 people to fill when soldiers went down was awful. they saw that the band of brothers mentality, would often have the original soldiers sabotaging the new guys simply because they weren't part of their brotherhood. they felt a loyalty to the guys they trained with.

As a result, after noting this, the army would swap out entire units so that a fresh group of banded brothers fought together.

Jauron, by keeping the new guys separate, kept them out from being accepted.

Again, Jauron, nicest guy, worst coach. i'll anxiously await to see dick jauron bring down the CB unit in Philly.

Nighthawk
05-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Just another reason why I'm optimistic about the direction that this team is going. It won't be easy, but at least there is a direction!

zone
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Again, Jauron, nicest guy, worst coach. i'll anxiously await to see dick jauron bring down the CB unit in Philly.

I think you will be waiting a long time. That was the only thing he actually did a good job at here.

OpIv37
05-17-2010, 12:28 PM
WWII is a good point though for this thread. during wwII, the army realized that sending 1 or 2 people to fill when soldiers went down was awful. they saw that the band of brothers mentality, would often have the original soldiers sabotaging the new guys simply because they weren't part of their brotherhood. they felt a loyalty to the guys they trained with.

As a result, after noting this, the army would swap out entire units so that a fresh group of banded brothers fought together.

Jauron, by keeping the new guys separate, kept them out from being accepted.

good point but I'm with zone. I don't think he'll screw it up because he doesn't have to be a leader. They have other coaches who can handle that. By all accounts, Jauron is a nice guy and a smart guy, he's just not a leader or even a manager.

ddaryl
05-17-2010, 12:31 PM
who needs more proof

7-9, 7-9, 7-9 and 6-10 was all the proof anyone needed.

but to seperate the team like that was pretty pathetic

Jan Reimers
05-17-2010, 12:55 PM
I really think this locker thing is irrelevant.

Night Train
05-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Most media and even some Bills fans still don't know how truley bad Jauron was. His locker rooms especially during the season felt like funeral homes. His loyality to mediocre vets killed the growth of players such as McKelvin, Hardy, Johnson, Maybin, Freddy (early on), and Shawn Nelson. His extremely laxed training camp and practices molded a soft team that was not tough of physical. Worst of all his play to not lose mentality and non aggressive nature never gave the Bills a shot even before the season started.

Thank You. :bf1:

That's why I laugh when I read posters saying many of these players "suck".

How the hell do we know if the coach never plays them ? Assuming they weren't showing enough in practice or pre-season isn't the case if the coach is loyal to old vets. They need gameday experience and many of these guys should have been getting snaps in the 2nd half of the season.

Play them before drafting the same positions over and over again.

ddaryl
05-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Thank You. :bf1:

That's why I laugh when I read posters saying many of these players "suck".

How the hell do we know if the coach never plays them ? Assuming they weren't showing enough in practice or pre-season isn't the case if the coach is loyal to old vets. They need gameday experience and many of these guys should have been getting snaps in the 2nd half of the season.

Play them before drafting the same positions over and over again.

2010 is all about coaching....

Coaching alone should make a significant difference on how this team looks and performs every Sunday. The fact that jauron never let the young guys play much only served to make us a crappier team in the long run

I blame the last 4 years all on the coaching we had...All of it... SO even though I expect us to struggle this year in regards to scheme changes, overall I expect to see a team playing with some consistency with flashes of good things to come.

If Chan is a better coach then Jauron then he should have no porblem matching last years W-L record in spite of the changes made this offseason and the need for the team to get up to speed

justasportsfan
05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
anyone who thinks Dick wasn't the major/MAIN reason we sucked is clueless.

Mr. Pink
05-17-2010, 02:40 PM
If the locker room at the field house wasn't large enough to accommodate everyone during Dick Jaurons tenure...wouldn't have been too small during Mularkeys, Williams, Levys? After all it states previous coaching staffs in the article.

It's grasping at straws to find wrong with Jauron and completely irrelevant.

OpIv37
05-17-2010, 02:45 PM
If the locker room at the field house wasn't large enough to accommodate everyone during Dick Jaurons tenure...wouldn't have been too small during Mularkeys, Williams, Levys? After all it states previous coaching staffs in the article.

It's grasping at straws to find wrong with Jauron and completely irrelevant.

That's not necessarily true. It doesn't say how the coaches prior to Jauron handled the situation. They may have handled the situation differently- maybe they made the whole team go back to the stadium, or maybe they alternated who had to go back to the stadium, or maybe they sent a mixed group of rookies and vets to the stadium.

Just because other coaches had the same problem as Jauron doesn't mean they handled it the same way.

Turf
05-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Juaron was such a tool it boggles the imgination how he ever got to be coach. Just the fact that hes gone gives us 3-4 more wins. We could easily go 10-6, 11-5 this year.

NorthCarBills
05-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Dick Jauron is the embodiment of sheer football evil.

I agree. And, I'm giving a Jauron hand clap for this post.

JCBills
05-17-2010, 04:47 PM
I really think this locker thing is irrelevant.

Ever play football?

Night Train
05-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Anyone offer a HC job to Greggo, Mularkey or Jauron after the Bills ? Or a GM job to TD or Marv ?

Checkmate..

BertSquirtgum
05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
this is exactly what i was getting to in the steve johnson man love thread. it just proves my point even more so.

billz83
05-18-2010, 02:33 PM
no more proof is needed he has gone down in NFL HISTORY as one of the top 3 WORST HEAD COACHES IN HISTORY! he ****** SUCKS..NEVER could understand y wilson would hire this clown! i was pissed when he was hired and KNEWWW he would fail..tooo bad it took so long to fire this worthless M****F****! I hope Gailey doesnt bring the same yes men attitude to the bills !

BertSquirtgum
05-18-2010, 03:12 PM
no more proof is needed he has gone down in NFL HISTORY as one of the top 3 WORST HEAD COACHES IN HISTORY! he ****** SUCKS..NEVER could understand y wilson would hire this clown! i was pissed when he was hired and KNEWWW he would fail..tooo bad it took so long to fire this worthless M****F****! I hope Gailey doesnt bring the same yes men attitude to the bills !

woah, take a xanex dude.