PDA

View Full Version : Peter King ranks all 32 teams

Nublar7
05-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Didn't see this posted yet.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/16/ranking/index.html

SquishDaFish
05-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Hes an idiot

Ingtar33
05-17-2010, 05:05 PM
so Shirley ranks us 31st out of 32 teams?

I don't think we'll be that bad... but since we'll be missing the playoffs again this year (probably) i can't find it in me to get angry about the "slight"

Mr. Miyagi
05-17-2010, 05:06 PM
No love from Shirley Temple as usual.

Buffalogic
05-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah and look at Peter King's superbowl predictions every year, they are laughable..

Last year he picked the Pats to beat the Bears lol..

DMBcrew36
05-17-2010, 05:36 PM
People are surprised? The Bills have been a joke for 10 years and have not done much at all to change that this offseason - apart from changing their defensive scheme, which is still a huge question mark.

SquishDaFish
05-17-2010, 05:57 PM
People are surprised? The Bills have been a joke for 10 years and have not done much at all to change that this offseason - apart from changing their defensive scheme, which is still a huge question mark.

They did alot this offseason LOL. Where have you been. I agree with everything else you said except for this offseason. Redoing it from the top down is a start and you cant do it all in 1 offseason sorry.

BillsOwnAll
05-17-2010, 06:03 PM
The only thing you can predict correctly about the NFL every year is that its unpredictable.

But if you look at from a "last years" standpoint were going to be bad. But how do you know how the new coach and new system is going to work out? How do you now how the rookies will impact. The free agents. The second/third year players.

Just cuase one talkin head doesnt think so...noone really knows. Thats why the NFL is the most watched/exciting sport of all them out there!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-17-2010, 06:06 PM
31 works for me. get us a real QB next april
I dont hate King for this... plenty of other reasons to hate on him but this is about how I see it too

DMBcrew36
05-17-2010, 06:13 PM
They did alot this offseason LOL. Where have you been. I agree with everything else you said except for this offseason. Redoing it from the top down is a start and you cant do it all in 1 offseason sorry.

What else have they done? Yeah yeah yeah GM & coach, whatever whatever, they aren't the ones playing the game.

We have a new defensive scheme and a new offensive scheme but still NO QB and a rag-tag O-line

ParanoidAndroid
05-17-2010, 06:20 PM
He gets tired of writing this by his 5th or 6th entry. That the bills are ranked low is not a surprise and it may well be warranted but this article is a joke.

Mr. Pink
05-17-2010, 06:38 PM
For anyone who thinks Peter King is widely offbase here, where would you rank the Bills, realistically?

There's no way you can rank the Bills higher than 25th with a straight face or without blind homerism.

Oldbillsfan
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Some of the rankings for better teams were off imo

ServoBillieves
05-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Blind heroism = 1st place

Basing your ranking on a team not taking who you thought they would in the first round and instead picking C.J. Spiller puts you at 31st? Yeah ok. They are a dismal team, but say we do pick up Gaither/Adams/a better LT, what is this team missing other than a great QB?

Night Train
05-17-2010, 07:01 PM
I can't wait for his FIFA World Cup picks.

They're probably just as valid.

mark1126
05-17-2010, 07:05 PM
the bills will never be on the leading edge of change with the old folks home at one bills drive and detroit...so they will always be behind the eight ball relative to trends and change and therefore always will be until there unless is ownership change at the top..

SeatownBillsFan21
05-17-2010, 07:39 PM
31 out of 32 sounds about right

FlyingDutchman
05-17-2010, 07:54 PM
who cares. we're going to suck, we know this...

Nighthawk
05-17-2010, 07:58 PM
It's absolutely laughable to have the Phins that high...

Spiderweb
05-18-2010, 03:48 AM
The Bills will get some respect.................when they earn it. We love the Bills, they're our team, but there are 31 other teams as well and frankly we have to start beating the majority of them if we want respect.

....on a side note, didn't Peter King a few years ago proclaim JP Losman as the best QB he saw in the camps he visited?

Griff
05-18-2010, 04:40 AM
why would we be worse?

Captain Obvious
05-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Interesting Nublar in the past has poo pooed the use of off season power rankings and yet now hes holding up this one for all the world to see

justasportsfan
05-18-2010, 06:36 AM
we're ranked too high even at 32. No where to go but up.

THATHURMANATOR
05-18-2010, 08:19 AM
We will probably suck this year so I guess I can't get too mad at that ranking.

Bill Cody
05-18-2010, 09:45 AM
St.Louis

:lolcry:

Johnny Bugmenot
05-18-2010, 10:01 AM
They drafted the great C.J. Spiller, who apparently is the next Barry Sanders and is going to save our offense. Oh, wait. Barry Sanders played on offenses that sucked. That's right.

Bill Cody
05-18-2010, 10:26 AM
They drafted the great C.J. Spiller, who apparently is the next Barry Sanders and is going to save our offense. Oh, wait. Barry Sanders played on offenses that sucked. That's right.

:monkeyp: Johnny Bugmenot

Philagape
05-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh, wait. Barry Sanders played on offenses that sucked. That's right.

That's wrong, at least for half the time.

In five of Sanders' 10 years, the Lions were top 10 in scoring offense (four of those years in the top six).
In 1995 the Lions had the No. 1 offense in yards, second in points.
In 1997 they were second in yards, fourth in points.
The Lions made the playoffs in five of Sanders' 10 years, primarily because of him.

RockStar36
05-18-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't get why people are upset with King.

31 of 32 is about right. They are awful, have been for a decade, and didn't do a ton to get better. I like the Spiller pick but that doesn't hide the fact that Fitzbrohmwards is going to be the QB.

Historian
05-18-2010, 11:11 AM
He must have missed Jauron's 7-9 trifecta from 2006-2008.

:snicker:

Mindbender
05-18-2010, 11:14 AM
31 out of 32? I don't think they're going to be that bad. I know next season isn't going to be great but people continue to underestimate us because, "Oh, it's just the Bills. They didn't take a good LT or QB this last draft blah blah blah." He didn't even give an analysis beyond 2 sentences. Idiot.

OpIv37
05-18-2010, 11:14 AM
why would we be worse?

Offense:
Loss of Butler for Green at RT=Downgrade
Loss of Reed and TO at WR, added 5th round draft pick=Downgrade
QB, LT, C, G, TE=Push
Added Spiller at RB=Upgrade
New coaches/systems= learning curve

Defense:
Switch to 3-4, for which we are woefully understaffed=Downgrade
New coaches/systems=learning curve

It's quite easy to see how we'd be worse.

RockStar36
05-18-2010, 11:19 AM
31 out of 32? I don't think they're going to be that bad. I know next season isn't going to be great but people continue to underestimate us because, "Oh, it's just the Bills. They didn't take a good LT or QB this last draft blah blah blah." He didn't even give an analysis beyond 2 sentences. Idiot.
Yeah, seriously.

They ignored the two most important positions when it comes to winning football games blah blah blah.

OpIv37
05-18-2010, 11:27 AM

You could argue all day regarding the availability of a QB or LT worthy of our draft picks, but that's beside the point. The Bills will not win too many games until they resolve the QB and LT situations, and the lack of availability in the draft won't change that situation. So, while the analysis is somewhat simplistic, the general assertion that the team will struggle with the same QB's and LT's as last year is very realistic.

Mindbender
05-18-2010, 11:35 AM
You could argue all day regarding the availability of a QB or LT worthy of our draft picks, but that's beside the point. The Bills will not win too many games until they resolve the QB and LT situations, and the lack of availability in the draft won't change that situation. So, while the analysis is somewhat simplistic, the general assertion that the team will struggle with the same QB's and LT's as last year is very realistic.

agreed. Just hate the disrespect from King and every other talking head and writer. :down:

OpIv37
05-18-2010, 11:59 AM
agreed. Just hate the disrespect from King and every other talking head and writer. :down:

The Bills need to earn their respect, but King has been a hater since long before this article.

!Papacrunk!
05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I love my team, but he does have Miami rated a bit too high. Then again he does go on about how he sucks at rankings, got to give him that at least.

YardRat
05-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I'll guarantee right now that Buffalo does not draft in the second spot in the first round next year, unless they trade up to get there.

better days
05-18-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't get why people are upset with King.

31 of 32 is about right. They are awful, have been for a decade, and didn't do a ton to get better. I like the Spiller pick but that doesn't hide the fact that Fitzbrohmwards is going to be the QB.

Fitzbrohmwards at QB is all the more reason Spiller was a great pick, he can score TD's from anywhere on the field.

Throne Logic
05-18-2010, 02:11 PM

He's writing for an audience that includes all NFL fans. In the general scheme of things, Buffalo has been an "also ran" for over a decade. The only people that care he even mentioned the Bills are Bills fans. Well, maybe St. Louis fans . . .

billz83
05-18-2010, 02:19 PM
im suprised that u guys are suprised! we SUCK we have SUCKED for over a decade now..this organization is run worse then any out there..even the raiders and lions look like they are on the right track...all the things we needed from a qb to a LT and fixing the OLINE we did NONE OF!!!! we are seriously sticking with captain checkdown and fitz!!? we are already guaranteed to lose..and most people know this..itz jus sum bills fans are in denial.i didnt want a QB in the draft but i was sure the bills would have gotten sumbody like campbell or mcnabb(nobody wants to play in buffalo cuz of this incompetent organization!) there are still sum OLDER veteran linemen available that are better then the entire OLINE combined..of course the bills havent gone after them..most of us figured they had a SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW free agency because they were going to fix the issues thru EITHER the draft or the SECOND half of free agency..they did NEITHER! itz still the same OLD BS with WILSON AS CHEAP as he can be and the rest just being nothing more then yes men...pathetic.

DMBcrew36
05-18-2010, 04:45 PM

So Spiller, who I agree as effing nasty as hell, is going to be the savior of this franchise, and get it into the playoffs, all by himself, with NO QB, 1 WR, a scrub O-line, no tight-ends, new coaches, and a new system?

I'm sorry, but you're fooling yourself, like Bills fans have fooled themselves every offseason for the past 9. The team blows, dude. They are 31 of 32 until they prove otherwise. They need to put up or shut up, and until then, they're an embarrassing joke.

trapezeus
05-18-2010, 04:46 PM
i think the peter king anger isn't where he places the bills, but how he places the bills. i realize he does his camp visit almost every year.

but he only cares about brett favre, the patriots, the NY teams and any other major NFL news story. He isn't a x's and O's kind of guy. and as a result, he doesn't care to delve into a bottom feeding team.

What makes it more infurirating is if by some grace of god the bills have a stunning 6-0 run next year, he'll be writing an article as though he predicted it from the start of camp.

I think the bills will be bad, and i'm not against hearing it from someone who knows what they are talking about. i also think that the bills going 3-13 and getting a top pick at a rookie QB is the thing that will help this team a lot more than struggling to have mediocre QB's who don't turn the corner.

That being said, if trent is going to rise to the occasion this year, he has to do so in a manner that leaves us zero question about durability and his ability to take chances. havinga 7 win season isn't going to get him a passing grade.

BertSquirtgum
05-18-2010, 07:53 PM
For anyone who thinks Peter King is widely offbase here, where would you rank the Bills, realistically?

There's no way you can rank the Bills higher than 25th with a straight face or without blind homerism.
they are certainly better than cleveland

So Spiller, who I agree as effing nasty as hell, is going to be the savior of this franchise, and get it into the playoffs, all by himself, with NO QB, 1 WR, a scrub O-line, no tight-ends, new coaches, and a new system?

I'm sorry, but you're fooling yourself, like Bills fans have fooled themselves every offseason for the past 9. The team blows, dude. They are 31 of 32 until they prove otherwise. They need to put up or shut up, and until then, they're an embarrassing joke.

i think there was quite a bit of sarcasm in his post. calm down.

DMBcrew36
05-18-2010, 08:16 PM
they are certainly better than cleveland

i think there was quite a bit of sarcasm in his post. calm down.

Who said I wasn't calm? I actually think it's humerous that there are still people out there, just as with previous offseasons, who have seriously fooled themselves into thinking we might be good.

BertSquirtgum
05-18-2010, 08:18 PM
hah. yeah. i said they would be good. if another 6 and 10 season is good then i don't want to be bad. stop putting words in other people's mouths. all i said was that the bills are better than cleveland.

Mr. Pink
05-18-2010, 08:40 PM
hah. yeah. i said they would be good. if another 6 and 10 season is good then i don't want to be bad. stop putting words in other people's mouths. all i said was that the bills are better than cleveland.

That's why they can't beat Cleveland on the field...because they're better, right?

Johnny Bugmenot
05-18-2010, 08:58 PM

Just to be clear here... I was simply parodying the overwhelming consensus of general opinion around here last month on draft day... with a little bit of exaggeration. However, my point stands-- teams with really good running back performances tend to have poor records, Chris Johnson of Tennessee being somewhat of an aberration in that regard. I recall many of the single-game rushing records broken over the past 35 years, and how many of the players that broke them (Corey Dillon, Jamal Lewis I think, and even OJ back in '76) were on the losing team in that particular game. It's certainly not a universal rule, but there have been a lot of very good running backs who didn't make much of a dent in their teams' bad play elsewhere, and there have been a lot of teams that have won Super Bowls with mediocre running games (see: the Patriots of last decade). So, yes, there was a whole truckload of sarcasm in my post.

DMBcrew36
05-18-2010, 09:12 PM

I don't know how you got to think I was talking about you in particular in any of my posts. I have been speaking of Bills fans in general.

BertSquirtgum
05-18-2010, 09:52 PM
That's why they can't beat Cleveland on the field...because they're better, right?

dude, cleveland will always be the worst of the worst. there is no chance for them. at least we have something to look foward to now that the team isn't being run by a walking corpse.

ServoBillieves
05-18-2010, 10:06 PM
dude, cleveland will always be the worst of the worst. there is no chance for them. at least we have something to look foward to now that the team isn't being run by a walking corpse.

I thought Ralph has been a puppet for some sick puppeteer for the past few years...