• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

All Billszone Team: FS

The All Billszone Team: Each day for the new few weeks I will be posting a position for discussion. Every active NFL player at that position is eligible for nomination. I will leave each thread open for about a week and tally the votes at the beginning of the following week until we have a full roster. When considering your vote, think of the players who have the most impact on the game today, I will use the runners up for our depth positions back-up RB WR etc... The All Billszone Team will be announced on Coach Sal's Show Bills Now in a few weeks. You're representing the Zone, so choose well!

Please bold your vote... it will help me track the results.

Todays position will be free safety. I expect there to be quite a few different names brought up here.

Byrd, Rhodes and Reed are certainly eligible for this discussion, but my gut has me leaning towards Antoine Bethea or Brian Dawkins.

Based on history and consistency I vote for Brain Dawkins. OJ Atogwe is also a personal favorite of mine.
    Last edited by The King; 05-20-2010, 07:56 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: All Billszone Team: FS

While I think Brian Dawkins is the best all around FS in the league, just to be different and keep an eye to the future, I'll say Nick Collins from Green Bay. He's picked up his INTs the last few years and is a consistently good tackler as well.

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Ed Reed - I'll take the ball hawk with return skills at FS over a guy that gets a lot of tackles.

Bonus: 4 blocked punts, 3 for TDs.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Ed Reed, easily. He takes over games as a safety, and makes breaks on the football that no other safety makes. He does have a bit of an advantage with the defense that is in front of him and that allows him to take some chances, but he is simply the best.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

depends on whether you consider Polamalu a FS or a SS.

If he's not elligible, my vote goes to Dawkins.
          Last edited by The King; 05-20-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            depends on whether you consider Polamalu a FS or a SS.

If he's not elligible, my vote goes to Dawkins.
            Troy is primarily a SS.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Most random set of positions so far...

Ill say Darren Sharper just because of his longevity and every time he gets an INT he appears to get a TD off of it.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Most random set of positions so far...

Ill say Darren Sharper just because of his longevity and every time he gets an INT he appears to get a TD off of it.
                I am going to try and move all over the map in terms of positions. To Keep interest up... Imagine if I did a whole week of O-Line?
                It was all

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Poor safeties get no love.
                  It was all

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                    • Aug 2005

Ed Reed

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Ed Reed

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                        • Feb 2006

This is probably the only position where a bills player can sniff the list and even then it's a long shot. So I'm gonna go hometown and say..

Jairus Byrd.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                          This is probably the only position where a bills player can sniff the list and even then it's a long shot. So I'm gonna go hometown and say..

Jairus Byrd.
                          Brian Moorman will dominate the punter category!
                          It was all

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Ed Reed
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

I have to say Ed Reed.

Though you really have to wonder how good Byrd would be if you put him behind a really good front 7, like what Baltimore has.
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X