PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Draftboy RE: Joique Bell

nateodoms'bff
05-20-2010, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cOboBsqTvY

So I just watched this video, I know its a highlight video, but the one thing that I wanted to ask you about Bell is in regards to his speed.

I know someone had posted on here a question about his speed. He clocked at 4.68 and 4.70 per CBSSPorts.com, and in this video he looks terribly slow.

Is he more of a grinder than a game changer? In an interview I read about him he said that he believes he and Spiller compliment each other well. Is that true? He looks like he has great vision, and can find a way to get some extra yards. Thats the upside Ive seen from his highlight videos, I cant say that Ive seen him play live though.

He reminds me of Fred jackson. Not an elite RB by any means, but has the tools to get the job done on sunday. I know you have more insight on him, and I'd love to hear some of it.

Do you think that the Bills are going to dress four RB's in this offense? Do you think he will last on the practice squad, or do you thin a team will try and sag him up? Long term do you see him playing regularly or as a main stay on the practice squad and special teams?

Im really interested in him, if only because he gets a lot of love here, and the Bills locked him up for 3 years.

nateodoms'bff
05-21-2010, 08:26 AM
nothin? nobody has anything to offer? that stinks....

buffalobillsfan95
05-21-2010, 08:36 AM
i think we sign him and wait to see him play against a d-fence and if he is the powerback like lynch you can pretty much exspect lynch to be gone

DraftBoy
05-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Let me get back to you in an hour or so. I'm swamped right now.

nateodoms'bff
05-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Let me get back to you in an hour or so. I'm swamped right now.

Totally.

DraftBoy
05-21-2010, 12:16 PM

So I just watched this video, I know its a highlight video, but the one thing that I wanted to ask you about Bell is in regards to his speed.

I know someone had posted on here a question about his speed. He clocked at 4.68 and 4.70 per CBSSPorts.com, and in this video he looks terribly slow.

Is he more of a grinder than a game changer? In an interview I read about him he said that he believes he and Spiller compliment each other well. Is that true? He looks like he has great vision, and can find a way to get some extra yards. Thats the upside Ive seen from his highlight videos, I cant say that Ive seen him play live though.

He reminds me of Fred jackson. Not an elite RB by any means, but has the tools to get the job done on sunday. I know you have more insight on him, and I'd love to hear some of it.

Do you think that the Bills are going to dress four RB's in this offense? Do you think he will last on the practice squad, or do you thin a team will try and sag him up? Long term do you see him playing regularly or as a main stay on the practice squad and special teams?

Im really interested in him, if only because he gets a lot of love here, and the Bills locked him up for 3 years.

His speed is his biggest question mark, he claims that he has run a 4.4 in training and that he just ran two really bad times on his 40's. He isn't a guy who is going to kill you with speed but he is never caught from behind. He has a different level of speed in a game then when in a timing environment.

His running style is one of balance, he hits holes hard and can take shot or two but always falls forward for another yard or two. I do not expect us to dress four RB's. If Lynch is still here coming opening day, I think Bell will be on the PS.

nateodoms'bff
05-21-2010, 12:23 PM
His speed is his biggest question mark, he claims that he has run a 4.4 in training and that he just ran two really bad times on his 40's. He isn't a guy who is going to kill you with speed but he is never caught from behind. He has a different level of speed in a game then when in a timing environment.

His running style is one of balance, he hits holes hard and can take shot or two but always falls forward for another yard or two. I do not expect us to dress four RB's. If Lynch is still here coming opening day, I think Bell will be on the PS.

Ive read that his balance was what the scouts loved so much, along with his strength. Like I said, he reminds me of Fred Jackson, only younger and maybe a little more talented.

I love the idea of dressing 4 RB's and creating an offense around ball control and the RB's. All four of these guys can catch the ball. All four have good vision, and all four can run between the tackles. I really am warming up to Bell, after all he gets a lot of press here.:nod:

X-Era
05-21-2010, 02:47 PM

Here was my pre-draft take:

Joique Bell is a small school prospect who has garnered attention due to his production. However, his speed is below average and he isn't as gifted as one would like at running the ball. He does have some burst and shiftiness to make defenders miss, but he's really more of a power back. Bell can try to do too much and make too many moves rather than showing more patience and waiting for things to open up. Bell’s lack of speed and unpolished running style may turn teams away. But, a team that drafts him as a project might get some return on their investment in a few years. Joique Bell may get drafted in the 7th round but most likely will be a free agent.

--------------------------------

Overall, I think hes a guy who, like Xavier Omon, could become a solid RB in the NFL. But, who is likely to have an uphill climb. Hes raw and unpolished. I think we will likely see him get owned at the line when he goes up against NFL caliper players. That said, he has enough upside that he ought to be a guy we keep around either on the PS, or if he earns our 3rd RB position.

Ingtar33
05-21-2010, 08:16 PM
he looks slower on tape then he plays. it's part of his style of running. he's always in control, and seems to glide over the field, because of his balance, still upper body and low pad level.

He could be a great steal... or he could be a mediocre pro. personally he was my favorite small school running back this year. I think he'll make the squad. The comparison to Fred Jackson is a pretty good one; i think he's got better balance and is a little harder to bring down... but at the same time i don't think he's quite as shifty as Jackson so... there you have it.

jamze132
05-22-2010, 05:25 AM

Why would you ask DB all those questions and inflate his ego even more?

I can answer your questions in 2 words. Practice Squad.

Night Train
05-22-2010, 05:27 AM
He certainly had the best interview of the rookies on local TV.

He was saying how the rookies were put up at the Millenium Hotel and they made great chicken wings, which he couldn't get enough of. He started talking about his strict diet and workout routine but mused how he may have to restrict himself to eating wings " 5 times a week " with a laugh.