PDA

View Full Version : A little perspective on the Donahoe years

nateodoms'bff
05-20-2010, 09:19 PM
So he had 42 picks as the general manager of this franchise.

Out of those picks, 6 are still on this team. Aaron Schobel made the Pro Bowl as well as Nate Clements and McGee, although he went as a kick returner not a corner.

Thats pretty bad.

When you look at the Marv Levy years, it gets worse. 26 picks. 1 pro bowler, as an alternate.

It doesnt need to be said that this team drafts so poorly, it defies logic.

I feel like Nix has got a plan, that doesnt involve drafting corner backs.

ServoBillieves
05-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Posluszny Schouman and Williams are good players, and you can't blame an injury making our starting RT leaving the league (Butler).

26? I thought he stepped down after the 2007 season. If you're talking McKelvin who is exceptionally gifted, Hardy who could evolve, Corner, Bell, Johnson... I dunno, that's a decent young stable. I thought that was under Modrak though.

nateodoms'bff
05-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I always assumed it was Modrak, but the name on the door said Levy.

Potential does two things; break fans hearts and get coaches fired. McKelvin should be a good player, but he hasnt done it yet.

Poz sadly gets lost among some really great linebackers that are just better than him. He may be the 7th or 8th best MLB in the league, but when youre competition is Willis and Beason and Urlacher, its hard to get any recognition. I dont blame the players for injuries, that was clearly the fault of the strength coaches and the old regime.

The problem is that even though the staff drafted "talent", it has yet to materialize on the field. Now if thats coaching or lack of talent, or a little from each column, has yet to be decided.

It just sucks knowing that this team has been so damaged from this guys time here.