PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wondered...

DraftBoy
05-21-2010, 07:39 AM
http://draftnasty.com/all-star-games/

This is completely draft related but this is the offseason and this article actually has a lot of information in it that pertains the NFL and how it affects who we can see as fans and who we can't. This touches on the politics involved in football that most of you never see or even know about. I encourage you all to read this and share it, its going to be part of a series Im doing that will at the very least provide some alterior solutions as opposed to just complaining.

I got in touch with Gary Bergenske who is the chairman of the East-West Shrine Game, and I asked him directly why they don’t invite juniors to their game and if they would ever consider it. His answer was an emphatic “Absolutely.”

psubills62
05-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Hm, interesting article. It seems to me the problem boils down to one thing: all-star games can't be seen as "enticing" juniors to come out early.

You have to think that if there were very strict constraints on inviting juniors then that would help. Maybe the people in charge of the all-star game could work with the NFL and various colleges to work something out. Maybe even something like making the juniors pay for the plane ride or the meals, etc. Give them a surcharge to discourage them from actually playing, but make it small enough that the guys who really want to play will do it.

There's got to be something the all-star games can do to invite juniors but not make it seem like they're drawing players out early.