PDA

View Full Version : Bills 2010 O-line the way I see it.

Yasgur's Farm
05-23-2010, 10:44 AM
For what it's worth...

LT - Bell, Meredith, Wang
LG - Levitre, Calloway, Wang
C - Wood, Hangartner
RG - Hangartner, Calloway, Wang
RT - Green, Meredith, Wang

Swing Tackle - Meredith
Tackle/Guard - Wang
Swing Guard - Calloway

Goobylal
05-23-2010, 10:47 AM
I agree with everything except LT. I think Bell has shown that he's too weak, and he's coming off an ACL injury. It will be between Meredith and Wang, unless they sign a FA or swing a trade for Gaither.

As for the other positions, I'm fine with them. Green is a solid player who needs to cut down on penalties, and I'm sure Gailey will get him to do that. Wood and Levitre will be better a year removed from their rookie seasons and Hangartner won't have to cover-up for their (rookie) mistakes. And having a real scheme and OC will work wonders for them all.

buffalobillsfan95
05-23-2010, 10:47 AM
0-16 season here we come!

Yasgur's Farm
05-23-2010, 10:53 AM
0-16 season here we come!You came close to a :negrep: with this post.

JCBills
05-23-2010, 11:00 AM
For what it's worth...

C - Wood, Hangartner

Swing Tackle - Meredith
Tackle/Guard - Wang
Swing Guard - Calloway

I just don't see Meredith losing to Bell. His game was 100x better than Bell's last season.

YardRat
05-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't see Wood moving to C yet. Maybe next season.

JCBills
05-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I would actually bet a good chunk of ZB that Jamon Meredith is our starting LT next season.

YardRat
05-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I would actually bet a good chunk of ZB that Jamon Meredith is our starting LT next season.

I'll put 10k up that he isn't, on opening day, for the first series of the season.

Just for giggles.

JCBills
05-23-2010, 11:52 AM
I'll put 10k up that he isn't, on opening day, for the first series of the season.

Just for giggles.

Lol well I don't have 10k.

Bet ya 3,000 that Meredith is the LT on opening day :P

Goobylal
05-23-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't see Wood moving to C yet. Maybe next season.
Yeah, I missed that the first time. I don't think he'll move to C just yet either. If he hadn't gotten injured, definitely. But learning a new position while you're still recovering and can't practice until training camp (at best) is asking too much.

JCBills
05-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I missed that the first time. I don't think he'll move to C just yet either. If he hadn't gotten injured, definitely. But learning a new position while you're still recovering and can't practice until training camp (at best) is asking too much.

C is his natural position, yeah more line calls/checks to know, but he's used to that. I doubt it happens this year though.

BillsWin
05-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Championship!

Goobylal
05-23-2010, 01:55 PM
C is his natural position, yeah more line calls/checks to know, but he's used to that. I doubt it happens this year though.
Yeah, when he was drafted, I figured he'd be groomed for his natural position of center this season. But the injury derailed that.

SABURZFAN
05-23-2010, 02:05 PM
For what it's worth...

C - Wood, Hangartner

Swing Tackle - Meredith
Tackle/Guard - Wang
Swing Guard - Calloway

that LT position is an eyesore. the rest of the OL doesn't look too bad when you compare it to last year. Levitre got in a full season and Wood was progressing steadily before the inury. will he be ready in September though?

Yasgur's Farm
05-23-2010, 04:25 PM
When evaluating the Bills O-line, the entire national media and many Bills fans are looking at a snapshot of the injury devasted line that finished the season. They seem to be oblivious to those who are the actual starters... We were minus Wood, Bell, Meredith, and Butler (Green) for much of the season. Not to mention the others who filled in for them that met similar fates.

cookie G
05-23-2010, 07:13 PM
When evaluating the Bills O-line, the entire national media and many Bills fans are looking at a snapshot of the injury devasted line that finished the season. They seem to be oblivious to those who are the actual starters... We were minus Wood, Bell, Meredith, and Butler (Green) for much of the season. Not to mention the others who filled in for them that met similar fates.

Most are looking at an Oline that

-wasn't very good to begin with;
-that Hangartner wasn't much better than Fowler;
-that Bell certainly wasn't much better than Scott;
-that their best OL prospect couldn't walk for 3 months in the offseason;
-that few of these late round gems ever work out.
-that the guy slated to take over RT is a 34 year old who was benched for several games and gave up 4 sacks, 7 QB pressures and committed 7 penalties in his last 4 games.

That doesn't give a vote of confidence.

YardRat
05-24-2010, 05:23 AM

OK :D

YardRat
05-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Most are looking at an Oline that

-wasn't very good to begin with;
-that Hangartner wasn't much better than Fowler;
-that Bell certainly wasn't much better than Scott;
-that their best OL prospect couldn't walk for 3 months in the offseason;
-that few of these late round gems ever work out.
-that the guy slated to take over RT is a 34 year old who was benched for several games and gave up 4 sacks, 7 QB pressures and committed 7 penalties in his last 4 games.

That doesn't give a vote of confidence.

Although this is certainly true, acquiring a decent LT like Gaither or Brown would go a long way toward solidifying the front five. We're not going to be dominant no matter what happens but we have a chance at respectable for this season.

Night Train
05-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Wood is returning from a compound leg fracture and Bell may or may not be ready for camp with his knee rehab. I take the optimistic reports at face value. I want to believe the best but it's just speculation.

Continue to throw darts but until they take the field and show some durability at a decent level of play, it's anyones guess.

At present, the O would probably be best in the shotgun instead of under Center. Our QB needs to be set & get rid of the ball fast. That may only help the prospects of a QB like Troy Brown getting into the lineup faster than many think.

Dying_-2-_Live
05-24-2010, 06:47 AM

As of right now, Meredith or Wang WILL be starting. Ive never really liked Bell.

billz83
05-24-2010, 09:00 AM
and the bills organization doesnt find sumthing wrong with that WACK*** OLINE?!?! i feel like im in the twilight zone!

justasportsfan
05-24-2010, 09:29 AM
with Spiller at RB we don't need an OL.

cookie G
05-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Although this is certainly true, acquiring a decent LT like Gaither or Brown would go a long way toward solidifying the front five.

It certainly would.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Although this is certainly true, acquiring a decent LT like Gaither or Brown would go a long way toward solidifying the front five. If the Gaither trade was going to happen it would've happened by now.